EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

V12 AMGs

a_guerere

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

the AMG73 was an amazing piece of machinery. To my knowledge of mercedes cars, the only V12 currently being put into the Mercedes model line is the Type12 engine. This is a SOHC 36V Twin Turbo - Intercooled V12. Due to its large size and weight, I believe it has been looked over as a candidate to power AMG cars, although a 2003 S600 is just as fast as an S55.

AMG has currently 2 engines to power its vehicles, the 3.2L 18V V6 - only in intercooled supercharged form, producing 349hp (although for 2004 this number is expected to rise to 360-380 range). The other is the 24V 5.4L V8, in naturally aspirated form producing 342hp for SLK55 and ML55- in Intercooled Supercharged form in E55 producing 476hp, and in high output intercooled supercharged form in SL55, CL55, and S55 producing 493hp.

One can only imagine if Mercedes gave the 7.2L V12 they supply to Pagani to their AMG division to be supercharged for use in a Mercedes branded product.

I would like to see it supercharged no less, and in an E-Class or S-Class. The prospect of that much power in an SL is mind numbing. Better yet, through it into the SLR (2200lbs). Try that one on.

• 3 Monate später...

That sucks. I always though of the SL series as the overall flag-ship of MB, and they're aknowledged much more than CLs. But the CL, in a way, is just a hard-top version of the SL right? I think they should keep the CL at bay with CL65 and make an SL73 or something of the insane sort. Though, to be honest, if I ever had a choice between the two, I don't know which I would choose. They're both so delightfully "MB"!

The CL is a coupe version of the S class. They're almost the same except that you can get extra screens in the seats of the S class. The CL class doesn't have much room to allow this.

I always considered the S class as the flagship.

I don't think "screen-room" on the CL matters much. They DID design it to be a coupe of the S and they weren't exactly looking for just a sized-down version of the S class. BTW what is the arrangement on the CL again, 60/40?

Anyway, I think the CL is hands-down the best hard-top Mercedes-Benz out there. THE BEST!!!! It's got all the performance (if not more so), plus the looks that draw an applause.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo a_guerere,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Mercedes AMG (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

The CL is actually the mercedes flagship, as it does get more random technologies and plush AMG luxuries over the S. (By AMG luxuries, I mean it has the seats, various buttons, trim pieces out of the AMG parts bin). It is a revised version of the S-Class platform. Less wheel base. Longer hood.

Yes that's exactly what I thought. I knew that the S wasn't the flagship MB, so it had to be the five-star CL. It's a luxo-coupé if you will. I love the looks of the CL. If only Lorinser would get to work on the CL65 already, we'd have one of the most gorgeous coupés ever built. And the performance more than matches the styling. I don't think the CL even uses the 500HP and 590lb.ft. Torque it gets from that monster V12. Maybe if MB wuld be kind enough to spare us the trouble of speed-limiters by just excluding them from the line-up alltogether then even BMW would start quaking in their boots.

If you had a choice, which would you go for? An SL or a CL? I know it's kind'a like comparing Apples and Oranges but just ignore the fact that the SL is a roadster. Which do you think looks and performs better? And which is more practical? Actually that probably shouldn't matter either because no mater how practical they make them they're still 2-door sportsters. So ignore that last Q!

I love convertibles, I'd still buy the CL. They are that great. It is a gran turismo car, the top of the line in luxury touring cars, it handles and accelerates with the best sports cars, has the accomdations of the most luxurious sedans, and has awsome looks. Hard to beat.

I don't think so. Besides, would you really be in the back seat? htt

I can't imagine being bored (even in the back) in a new AMG CL. Now wanting to watch the news for something urgent, for instance, is another thing, so that MIGHT be useful.

think of it. if i had a crusing car like that, i'd give up airline travel all together. If you were driving for 40 hours straight, a tv could become nice, especially at night.

Then again, that car has a wine cooler in the back - doesn't it!!!!

I've seen some nice home made mods for those LCD screens on some meetings and fairs I goto. Like Playstation 2, XBox, DVD players, even laptops and small computers. The options are limitless with the AUX in you get.

The nicest mod I have seen is a laptop in the trunk which is connected to the keyless go system and the phone system in the car. When the engine is running it goes into full power if not it goes into slow mode or hibernation. The beauty was however that he had a WiFi card and GPRS through the phonesystem of his car so he had internet access on the road. He even told me he used the WOL (Wake On Lan) option to wake the laptop up from his home and load files into his car so he had access to them on the road.

He had one problem however and that was that the car antenne wasn't suited for GPRS and that the WiFi cards range was limited. The GPRS problem wasn't that big of a problem because the phone automaticly used it's own internal antenne but the WiFi was.

He said that at home he had a WiFi antenne coming from his homecomputer mounted in his garage or else it was out of range. He ws thinking of mounting an external antenna on his car but the problem was that 1 he didn't want to spoil the look of the car and 2 there are no WiFi antenna's fit to handle the stress.

Anywayz the options are limitless, if you're a little handy with tools and cars then you could build in just about anything.

definately interesting stuff to be done. I'd sorta like to have a touchscreen internet console placed into the little all in one screens in cars. That would definately have its usefulnesses. As to X-boxes, they are better suited for basements than back seats.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...