EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Surviving the technical inspection in Zürich canton

skyrunner

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi guys,

sorry for writing in English. I own a 2016 BMW M4 with the following mods:
- custom suspension KW V4 (car is slightly lowered)

- Akrapovic downpipes

- BMW GTS aero wing

- some carbon m performance parts (splitters, diffuser etc.) 

The car is not yet register in Switzerland. I'm afraid if it's going to pass noise/emission tests because of the downpipes. I probably should write straight to the Strassenverkehrsamt, but before that I would appreciate if someone gave me some info here on what level of problems technically/financially I should be prepared for. 

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Hi,

I would take a practical approach and try to find out, in which inspection station one can expect inspectors with a sense for special cars, be it sportscars, be it classic cars. These often have a little bit more tolerance concerning rather uncommon cars and car features and do not instantly react negatively against what is uncommon to them. And then just give it try at such a place.

You could also make an inofficial advance visit to such a station and talk to the folks there about whether they would have concerns, and if so, of what nature.

I would never ever write to the Strassenverkehrsamt without need, because at least in Germany the answer will be very predictable (i.e. negative). We have a saying: "Wer dumme Fragen stellt, bekommt auch dumme Antworten" (Who asks stupid questions gets stupid answers). Means: Never ask officials things which need not be asked and where the answer is predictable.

• Gefällt mir 3
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Jarama:

visit to such a station and talk to the folks

I think you are better of to find a workshop with some experience with special cars. For them it’s often easier to predict which inspector is more open for a car like that.

Good luck. 👍

• Gefällt mir 2

Schreibe eine Antwort

Du kannst jetzt einen Beitrag schreiben und dich dann später registrieren. Wenn du bereits ein Benutzerkonto hast, melde dich zuerst an.

Gast
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorhergehender Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Neu erstellen...