EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 - also doch...

autexS4

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hallo M-Fahrer. Hier etwas das ich in einem anderen Forum gefunden habe. Ich möchte ausdrücklich sagen das dieser Text nicht von mir stammt - also greifft mich nicht an! Ich dachte nur das dies für Euch interessant sein dürfte.

Gruss

a.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEISSE NACHRICHTEN...ich habe hier einen Beitrag zum BMW M3 gefunden, der eindeutig ausagt, dass ab Ende diesen Jahres die M3-Motoren (erneut) einige deutliche Modifikationen erfahren haben...und alles riecht sehr nach Standfestigkeitsproblemen.

Wenn diese Nachricht tatsächlich der Wahrheit enspricht, hat BMW über viele Monate schlichtweg gelogen, als die massive Kritik an der Standfestigkeit der M3-Motoren als "Einzelfälle" abgetan wurde.

--------

WHAT WE KNOW

The rumor that major changes to the S54 engine around November are confirmed. Here are some details:

New Crankshaft from 11/02

New Connecting Rod from 11/02

New Connecting Rod Bolt from 11/02

New Bearing Shell from 11/02

New Camshaft from 12/02

This information was taken off the latest ETK disc at a dealership in Sweden. Roland should have his own copy within a few days and will provide us with the in-depth details of these changes.

This will now be the third major change to the S54 engine, crankshaft in 8/01 and bearing shells in 11/01 which caused the big "11/01" mess. This current change is 12 months after the last and I would assume has plenty of field testing to be sure it's a real fix this time.

SPECULATION

I would say this has to be the announcement planned by BMW that has been hinted about from Hans Duenzel to Allen and Gene Stewart to John. I would further speculate that some sort of relief for all previous production dates is in the works. For them to just say the problem is fixed from 11/02 production won't be of any help to past owners, so I feel we'll see an extended warranty issued and maybe more for owners of all past productions.

The bad news? Well, this would infer that cars produced through ~10/02 are at some risk of failure, we won't know the extent for many months from now. Also, major parts changes to the engine seems to confirm Jim's (oddlycalm) theory that this was a design defect all along and not a production problem.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...