EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Koenigsegg SUCKS

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

What does Tiff Needell make of the CCR ?

"a bucket on ballbearings " :-))!

Finally a credible statement - similar to Autocar's a while ago.

I just can't stand those fanboys who are amazed by those shitty Koenigsegg's claims on their website and claim it is the fastest/best car. Mr. Koenigsegg is really pathetic.

First off, the CCR which has some 150hp more than the CCS can't even reach the claimed speed of the CCS.

Second :

Standing quartermile: 9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)

That is just hilarious. German Sport Auto has recently measured 9.6s to 200kph. That means around 1/4 mile time of about 11s.

I have never seen such a difference between mfr's claims and the actual performance. In the negative way, to be exact.

As once mentioned in Top Gear, acceleration times absolutely meaningless, top speed absolutely meaningless, what really matters is how quickly the car can lap a test track. Now, when the CCR was put through its paces on Nuerburgring for the first time, it did it in 7 : 39s - that's about as fast as a 996 GT2 , with roughly double the power/weight ratio. :???:

To sum it up I don't really think it is a bad car, but it's not even slightly as good as many petrolheads seem to think. And the real performance is shameful, considering the power/weight ratio, sheer power etc.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
maybe they did a lot of prep work to get it into the 9s. like slicks with appropriate psi??

Even if so, it shouldn't be taken as the official 1/4 mile time and hence shouldn't be stated on the website. Do competitors like Saleen do this ? No, that's why I declared Mr. Koenigsegg is pathetic. He doesn't sell a proper supercar, he sells unfulfilled dreams.

I don' think anyone has tested a CCR in the quarter mile. Only in top speed (241). Now the gearing could be off, there are a lot of different factors that can affect those times. But no CCR has been tested, so all of this is speculation.

A car with that amount of power, and so little weight, should be going 0-60 in under 3s, and 0-100 in 6. With a 1/4 Mile in 10.2 or under.

But we do know that Tiff Needell claimed the acceleration sucks (considering the power to weight ratio apparently), as it has very long gears.And we probably all now why Mr. Koenigsegg hadn't let anyone to test it before. I was actually surprised he let Sportauto to put the CCR through its paces and confirm the claimed figures are a joke.

Well, the car would perhaps need to be British if that would change.

Also let's give an example; a Skyline was heavily critisised one show, just to make a full turn the next TV show when everything was just great about it.

But I love the shows they have. If Tiff is claiming the Koenigsegg have slow acceleration I think he should be changed to someone else. It's not Bugatti Veyron acceleration, because that's impossible. I assume he also tested that and think every other car sucks acceleration wisel. The acceleration can't suck very much, perhaps the engine have no real peak? Too linear? 800+ hp don't disappear, and all the torque don't disappear the matter what you claim and feel.

Well, the car would perhaps need to be British if that would change.

Also let's give an example; a Skyline was heavily critisised one show, just to make a full turn the next TV show when everything was just great about it.

But I love the shows they have. If Tiff is claiming the Koenigsegg have slow acceleration I think he should be changed to someone else. It's not Bugatti Veyron acceleration, because that's impossible. I assume he also tested that and think every other car sucks acceleration wisel. The acceleration can't suck very much, perhaps the engine have no real peak? Too linear? 800+ hp don't disappear, and all the torque don't disappear the matter what you claim and feel.

The thing is though whether the engine really produces 800hp. :wink: I don't trust Mr. Koenigsegg a single word he says.

When Tiff Needell sat into the CCR, he couldn't start it as the battery was flat. Then, after a couple of laps, the clutch went to the floor. And that was the end of the test drive. He also said the feel in steering is rather bad.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo mv,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Slick marketing has a lot to do with it, foreign cars came into the spotlight at the right time, particularly the Beetle, and especially during the fuel crisis of the 70's when all American cars were tanks with really major quality issues. That's when makers such as Honda, Toyota etc. made their mark for quality and reliability - as well as economy. And everyone likes to save money. They've been cashing in ever since. U.S. manufacturers have been busy building pickup trucks to stay alive, and approximating European and Asian cars ever since.

As for the Eggy, the numbers have always been dubious. Compounded by their own secrecy. Even if the motor did crank 800hp. I would imagine the highly re-worked Ford V8 redlines fairly low. Add that with long gearing, and the car just might not have stellar acceleration.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...