EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Ultimate cars of the future

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

A relatively long time ago I put together a list of cars to look forward to. It's about time for a little update. This time I will zoom in merely on the craziest supercars of the future which want to redifine the term "quick". Mostly speculations so far though, apart from the veyron.

Lets start with the confirmed ones that are sure to come.

2006 Bugatti Veyron - 8,0-litre, 1001hp W16

2008 MF1 - gas turbine, 1500hp and less weight than that

2006 9FF 9f-GT1 - a very own project of a german tuner, 4,0-litre flat-6, 1050hp and around 1500kg

More or less sure to come is also the follow-up to the Enzo.

2007/2008 Ferrari F60 - possibly a 6,8-litre V12 Uniair, 900hp, cutting edge active suspension and aerodynamics

And there is a tough competitor that is likely to appear.

2008 - Lamborghini Miura (tentative name) - 1000hp V16

Other contenders :

2010 McLaren's successor to the F1 - it would probably boast a four digit output as well

Saleen S7 - a 1000hp intercooled version with higher boost is set to come

And logically, Saleen's main rivals Koenigsegg and Pagani are expected to respond.

Koenigsegg CCR is going to superceded sooner or later and there were some speculations he wanted to use a B12 either 900hp NA version or a 1100hp supercharged one.

The successor to Zonda should arrive in 2007 and is said to be even lighter and naturally more powerful. Either a seriously updated NA V12 (with four valves per cylinder) or a quad turbocharged powerplant from the ME 4-12 is to be used to propel this beast.

There is supposedly also a 1000hp Ultimate rally edition of the SSC Aero - http://www.sscautos.com/

http://board.ultimaterally.com

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Well not of the future but one the fastest. Guess what! It's american.

1987 Oldsmobile Aerotech, 1 of two cars made this used to sit in Oldsmobiles Showroom, Since they closed you might be able to buy it for a few million.

Its still looks like a older American car and held the top speed record for years.

aerotech.jpg

1987aerotech.jpg

aerotechs.jpg

2008 MF1 - gas turbine, 1500hp and less weight than that

Isn't this still a bit of a pie in the sky? I mean we have yet to see any spy shots or larger details, so we can assume that this car is still very much on the drawing board. i.e. the whole plan could theoretically fall through anytime.

Aw come on MV, make some exceptions. "Ultimate cars of the future" means different things to different people. :)

I guess the Olds Aerotech 1 won't be coming out ever, but it's still cool to include, even if a little off topic.

Ed Welburn, who is now GM's vice president of design for North America, designed the Olds Aerotech, a racecar that broke speed and endurance records that had been set by Porsche and Mercedes-Benz. Welburn talks with pride about the vehicle's aerodynamics and how it miraculously put out 1,000 horsepower with a four-cylinder engine. But he adds, "Of course, we wanted it to look fantastic.

"It looks like it's fast, and it sits so low to the ground," said Welburn of the Aerotech. "It generates emotions. It's almost like a hydroplane with wheels."

Well that should turn bleh on, hint same engine used in the production cars with heads cam and a turbo. Keep in mind my car was fast in the 1980's so this this was revolutionary and the turbos weren't the greatest back then.

Yeah bleh next car look into an olds with a Quad 4. Yes it is a race engine. :-))!

I can no longer find anything on the "long" car or its aerodynamics

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo mv,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
Yeah especially considering Olds is out of bussiness. Thunf killed the thread so why not Marvel at a cool car. I have more cars that exist that never made it to production as well.

Sorry! :oops:

I changed my message a bit. I wasn't aware that it was about supercars only..

If some carmaker will make such a car like that oldsmobile, I wouldnt' think it's an old design. Look very good, and timeless. Nice aerodynamic shapes! :)

Isn't this still a bit of a pie in the sky? I mean we have yet to see any spy shots or larger details, so we can assume that this car is still very much on the drawing board. i.e. the whole plan could theoretically fall through anytime.

Aw come on MV, make some exceptions. "Ultimate cars of the future" means different things to different people. :)

I guess so. :???: And you're right about the MF1. It should have been put along the McLaren.

According to scources on the net, the Quad-4 in the 1987 Aerotech 1 made 750hp. @ 9,500, so it had to have been plenty modified just to have a redline anywear near 10,000, either that or a really short lifespan. The car also weighed 1,600 lbs. The short tail version hit a recorded speed of 257mph. and the longtail 278.

Early 2.0 Quad-4's were low on torque though, and having no balance shafts would have been rough, especially when modified for more power. I don't think the Aerotech would have been too much fun on the street. Apparently, a 1992 version Aerotech with a prototype Aurora V8 broke many endurance records.

Oh no, we've hijacked the thread! :rolleyes:

yes if I remeber correctly, the last version ran for over 48 hours consecutively; at speeds above 160 miles an hour. My point with this car is that is could readily be built today. The quad four can be found @ any junk yard. Then bore and remove stroke from the engine. Make sure the internals are balanced and put on some nice heads and a camshaft and you could have a screamer capable of 10,000 rpms.

And yes this thread has been hijacked

yes if I remeber correctly, the last version ran for over 48 hours consecutively; at speeds above 160 miles an hour. My point with this car is that is could readily be built today. The quad four can be found @ any junk yard. Then bore and remove stroke from the engine. Make sure the internals are balanced and put on some nice heads and a camshaft and you could have a screamer capable of 10,000 rpms.

And yes this thread has been hijacked

helll yea 10krpm, just how i like it :-))!:D
  • 1 Monat später...
It seems we've got another contender.

2007 Gordon Murray's supercar - said to excel both on public roads and race tracks.

and u know that car will move. and if u dont know who Gordon Murry is...hes the man behind the McLaren F1

Wow, hey guys, it has been a very long time, since I've made a reply on this site. I hope all of you are doing well. I read the subject about the MF1, and on this site, it says 1500hp for two different versions a 2-seater and a 3-seater. But the top speed figure is 270+ mph. Thats crazy, and naturally I assume the 0-60 will probably be under 3s, say around 2.6-2.8s. Its insane. And with that Koenigsegg being superceded, is it a B12 or a V12, you may have made a mistake mv.

Thanks guys.

Jason W.

Ohh ok. Well all I can say is that is a great list. And I'm pretty sure that this competition, will push the supercar makers over 1000 bhp, and over 250 mph. I'm gonna watch out for the MF1, the engine will be interesting (turbine). If Dauer is remaking the 962 that will be very interesting. I'm pretty sure every one of these cars will be over 240 mph, with some stretching to maybe 260 mph. It's insane how much power these cars are going to produce. The SSC Ultimate Aero is already there. That will probably be over 250 mph. All we have to do is wait and see.

Jason W.

• 3 Wochen später...

UPDATE :

A lightweight, more powerful version of the Veyron is more or less confirmed directly by Bugatti's chief and is to be called "Supersport" or SS, just like in case of the EB110. The final specification will depend on how the main rivals will perform. We might expect around 1200hp, or even 1400hp, at best.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...