EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

got rims, foglights, and a few pics

bleh

Empfohlene Beiträge

took the pics before i went on vacation for about 3 weeks. finally got home and did a little digital polishing. if you run firefox once again i recommend right click>view image for good quality. so here they are:

11.75lbs a peice baby

wMTAyMTQxNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAyMTQxNDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTAyMTQxNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

and of course the tilted camera ricer view

wMTAyMTQyMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

ricer view with ricer photoshopping :D

wMTAyMTQxMzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

i also have a 4 corner disk conversion, master cylinder/brake booster/propvalve and a front swaybar/lower control arms sitting in the garage, but im waiting on wheel spacers and new trailing arm bushings. before i start that. how i got these is a story in itself, but to keep it short:

i bought an integra that got into a front end collision for $500

i sold the dash(black and mint) for $225

i sold the motor(b18b in good shape) for $800

and buyers were so happy they got such an amazing deal. go figure both were sold within 2 weeks of my buying the car :lol: im such a good person! haha

i took the 4 corner brake conversion, front sway bar/lower control arms, oem front subframe stabilizer, and integra seats. the subframe brace

a local junk yard picks up the shell this week, for free.

i bought the rims used for $250 with tires

then i bought the oem foglights new for $80 online

with the left over $ and some of my normal finances i flew to munich and toured through southern germany, austria, northern italy, switzerland, and eastern france. what a great investment!

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 59
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

there were a few reasons for keeping the good old d:

i could sell the d16z6 for $300 within a week and sell the b18b for $800 within a week. i wanted new(to me) rims badly.

i know the b18b has more potential, but stock for stock they yeild equal acceleration, but the complete b series swap weighs over 100lbs more than a d series.

i would also lose 2-4 mpg with the b series and i drive 300-400 miles a week, which eventually adds up.

if it were a b18c i wouldve swapped it in a heart beat but the b18b is non vtec.

b18c6 is the euro spec gsr or sir-g?? im assuming? or is it the euro spec type r?

bleh i am proud of you, you are building up a civic without making it a ricer. No fart can, no body decals, just gold rims. What year is that? My girl has a 91? Its funny trying to see her car go up hills. :-))!

Hmm, I know wheels with 6kg in 18inch.... it's not unique :wink:

Well, right - haven't seen the "B" after the "B18". The B18C6 is the EDM (Euro-Spec) ITR Engine. It has little bit more power than the B18C1 that's available in the states. But you have to think about that we have much better gas than you. Standart right here is around 95octane, 100+octane is available as well.

That's the reason why J-Spec and E-Spec engines mostly has a bit more power than USDM motors, because both has 100octane and are able to set the ECU, resp. the ignition the an advanced level, and sometimes more compression.

bleh i am proud of you, you are building up a civic without making it a ricer. No fart can, no body decals, just gold rims. What year is that? My girl has a 91? Its funny trying to see her car go up hills. :-))!
yea rice is not my thing. just the camera angles hahahaha.

i hate decals. i hate highway drone. i think over sized rims are too ricey as well. and there not gold they are bronze :wink: i thought they looked really good with the red.

ever since the motor swap my car has loved going up hills. before the swap... garbage....

yea but how much do they cost? im a poor college student. :wink:

Well, right - haven't seen the "B" after the "B18". The B18C6 is the EDM (Euro-Spec) ITR Engine. It has little bit more power than the B18C1 that's available in the states. But you have to think about that we have much better gas than you. Standart right here is around 95octane, 100+octane is available as well.

That's the reason why J-Spec and E-Spec engines mostly has a bit more power than USDM motors, because both has 100octane and are able to set the ECU, resp. the ignition the an advanced level, and sometimes more compression.

i am aware of the better fuel over there. i just got back, haha. if we had 100+octane gasoline here regularly i wouldve put a turbo on my car a long time ago.

the b18c1 is the usdm gsr and the b18c5 is the usdm type r. the usdm type r actually has the same compression as the jdm and edm gsr or sir-g.

thats why foreign motors are of higher demand in the states. they almost always net an extra 5-10whp. :drool:

yep that's right - they'll cost a lil' bit. Weds Sports or some Volks.... but not payable :(

Oh yes, sry I forgot you have the B18C5 as well. Ok, we've got the better fuel, but what do you pay for it ? :D

I just say: 1.60 $ = 0.33 Gallon / 4.80 $ = 1 Gallon Gas.

That definitely sucks in germany X-)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo bleh,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Nice job Bleh, a nice subtle but destinctive custom job. One thing I might consider though is to paint the gray fog light surrounds black to better integrate them.

You took a European vacation with the money you saved? Please don't say you didn't take any pictures.

" Tilted camera ricer view ".:P

thanks! yea im going to paint the grey plastic around the foggers flat black when i repaint the windsheild wiper arms, you cant tell in the pics but the paint on those is chipped.

of course i took pictures!!! literally well over 1000 :o we had 19 days and i took at least 60 pics a day.

i would post some, but there is sooooo much!! many pictures of munich, chiemsee, bolzano, granoble, and annecy. cave diving, good food, mountain hiking, dude its all there :-))! i just dont feel like resizing and hosting just yet. theres just too much.

Awesome. I'm moving to Key West Florida next month, so I'll be seeing many new things myself. Seeing as it's basically a 24/7 vacation destination, 90 miles from Havana, it'll be a big switch from my neck of the woods in Indiana. A great place for artists though.

Pffft, you don't go the Keys to surf. You go there to chill out, parasail, jet ski, fish, kayak, sail, scuba dive in the nation's only living coral reef, dive for ship wrecks, skinny dip, etc. And that's just in the water.

With all that, who want's to surf?? :lol:

With all that, who want's to surf?? :lol:

<----this one right here.

all that stuff is cool and sailing is really awesome. but aside from that non of those others can come close to what surfing does to you. manipulating the physics of waves is just such an amazing thing. there is just so much power. sorry im probably going off the deep end.

it does sound like hawaii....without waves, japanese tourists and expense of imports :D

Well, in Key West, if you gotta surf, there's always hurricane season. You might get a few killer waves out of that. :wink:

A cool thing about it is that it doesn't feel like America at all, yet you drive over the 42 bridges that connect the keys and you're back in mainland Florida.

Yes, those 6kg wheels were about 1000 dollars a rim, weren't they?

You guys also measure your octane differently than we do. The reason J-spec and ROW motors are more powerful is because of much more lax emissions. In some states (especially California), the requirements are ridiculous, and there is only 91 octane gas at the pump. This causes many manufacturers to try and detune their engines for California-spec or just detune all around. Sometimes, however, the Japanese and Europeans just keep the best models to themselves (this is actually more of a Japanese thing).

Gold rims, lowered suspension, and now a carbon fiber hood. Those are some strong visual statements. It won't be long before other guys will be pulling up next to you at the light, and expect you to back that azz up.

I have a good friend, and he spray painted his hood black to give it that carbon look, and topped it off with hot rod pipes. But he drives a '94 Geo Metro. :wink: He recently sprayed the wheel covers green, but the clear coat makes them look decent. In the near future, I'm going to help him paint gecko's on the car.

May I make a suggestion about the picture angle? A "reverse ricer tilt" with the nose down lacks dynamicism. Nose should always be pointing up, but the trash can in the background is a real touch of class! :lol: I'm just messing with you.

Carbon Fiber? gtfo.gif

Just kidding with ya. Just don't crash that stuff tends to shatter....Just be ready to back up the body work with some motor.

Sadly enough, my car has an inch of dust on it. It wouldn't start this morning. When I did start it, well you know what it looks like when a supercharger engages on a big 8 cylinder. That was the equivalent of what the car did.

I have a good friend, and he spray painted his hood black to give it that carbon look, and topped it off with hot rod pipes. But he drives a '94 Geo Metro. :wink: He recently sprayed the wheel covers green, but the clear coat makes them look decent. In the near future, I'm going to help him paint gecko's on the car.
:o its a joke right?

May I make a suggestion about the picture angle? A "reverse ricer tilt" with the nose down lacks dynamicism. Nose should always be pointing up, but the trash can in the background is a real touch of class! :lol: I'm just messing with you.
are you serious about the angle though? i really dont know anything about taking pictures. trash can and construction site i though were fitting, considering that my car is trash(junk yard parts) that was(were) thrown together(except for the hood) and the contruction also fits as this project is far from finished.

i was thinking about painting the hood, but it really looks decent in person, so i dont think im going to.... the hood is 21lbs lighter than the stock one and the wheels are 6lbs lighter per corner. the battery is 16lbs lighter than the oem one.

what else do you guys think i could lighten on the front end? the foglights arent going anywhere cus my stock headlights are really hurtin. i also have a front swaybar and bigger brakes for the front corners sitting in the garage and they are going to add some lbs too.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...