EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Ferrari meet Corvette

iroc-z89

Empfohlene Beiträge

You shot me down and wouldn't believe me last time I said it, now here is the prototype.......

$100,000 Corvette

The Blue Devil

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102690

This years Z06

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101520

Oh and as far as the horsepower keep in mind every Chevy Performance Car has been underrated since 1967. And 76hp per liter is pathetic, cam and heads should put it around 960hp/na.

Chevrolet says it is planning a return to the rear-wheel-drive sedan market and possibly the coupe segment as well. It abandoned the performance coupe niche in 2002 with the phase-out of the Camaro, and the rear-drive sedan segment in 1996, when the Caprice sedan was terminated.

A fall announcement of Chevy's intentions to restore the Corvette's rear-drive companions is forthcoming, says general manager Ed Peper. Chevrolet dealers have been urging the division to bring back a competitive sports coupe for the sold-out 2005-model Ford Mustang and the coming Pontiac Solstice. Jim Campbell, Chevrolet car marketing manager, told Automotive News (June 27) that without a Mustang-battling rear-wheel drive coupe, "I wake up every day knowing that I am spotting Ford 150,000 to 200,000 units a year."

In the Corvette arena, Chevrolet also confirmed that on June 15 it sent its dealers allocation letters for the Z06 edition coming this fall. The Z06 will carry a 7.0-liter, 505-horsepower V-8 engine and price from $65,800. Only 4,000 to 5,000 Z06 models will be built in its first full year, and allocations will be authorized only for medium or high-volume Corvette dealers. The Z06 will zip from zero to 60 mph in 3.7 second, according to Campbell.

Now please Discuss: They are aiming faster than most ferraris. Give it four-five years. oh and the camaro or something else to fight the satng is coming if you didn't get it from the quote.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Chevrolet is going to beat Ferrari and the like at their own game with that one - for much less money. The performance gap is closing, so I think the only advantage that much higher priced exotics could have would be in regards to mechanical refinement and driving feel. Piloting a Corvette may never "feel" as scintillating as driving a Ferrari, but $100,000 Vette will surely run with it.

With the Corvette program on the fast track, the Viper is quickly becoming an aging heavyweight. Dodge better do something quick.

Good news about the Camaro replacement, GM needs a pony car. I'm still waiting to see if Chevy releases their own GTO, rebadged as a Chevelle.

Chevrolet is going to beat Ferrari and the like at their own game with that one - for much less money. The performance gap is closing, so I think the only advantage that much higher priced exotics could have would be in regards to mechanical refinement and driving feel.
you forgot uber bling factor.
Good news about the Camaro replacement, GM needs a pony car. I'm still waiting to see if Chevy releases their own GTO, rebadged as a Chevelle.
interesting....im for it

yeah im really waiting on the new camaro, i wanna see what they come out with. That 100,000 Vette will come out with the next wave of trucks, and its going to be hard to find. The camaro got pushed back a few months ago but they wanted to bump the price up a little and they were going to badge it Chevelle it would probably have been a 30-40K car. But Because of cutback every thing on the new Zeta? platform got dumped.

I want to see a race between the awesome ferrari and the underdog vette. And expect to see me horse out of those cars alot more that engine is running ragged. It is funny because I heard they tried to fit the 720hp 572cid big block in that little car.... things didn't go so well.

The camaro got pushed back a few months ago but they wanted to bump the price up a little and they were going to badge it Chevelle it would probably have been a 30-40K car. But Because of cutback every thing on the new Zeta? platform got dumped.

Hmmm, it would be wise for a Camaro replacement to cost much less than 30k in standard trim. True, GM has cancelled further plans for the Zeta platform, but more out of "reallocating resources ( human and financial)" as vice chairman Bob Lutz put it, in order to get other projects up to speed. The following quote suggests that things are on the right track. :)

Quote - " Rest assured, we remain committed to developing RWD, premium, high-performance, affordable vehicles, perhaps even a few with a trace of nostalgia baked in. "

Source - http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2005/03/zeta_not_the_en.html

And expect to see me horse out of those cars alot more that engine is running ragged. It is funny because I heard they tried to fit the 720hp 572cid big block in that little car.... things didn't go so well.

Didn't quite catch that one (?)

you forgot uber bling factor.

Yes, uber bling factor of course. But with a top of the line model that can compete with a Ferrari straight off the showroom floor, the Corvette's own bling factor could only rise.

Yes, uber bling factor of course. But with a top of the line model that can compete with a Ferrari straight off the showroom floor, the Corvette's own bling factor could only rise.
good point. now that i think about it, if i were to get the f430 or the new z06 and money didnt matter... my first thought would be to lean towards the vette.

can anyone really convince me otherwise??

i love modding cars and im pretty sure you can squeeze a bunch more from the z06 than you can from the ferrari. also owning and driving the vette should be more practical.

Agreed. The ZO6 to me holds an appeal of accomplishing so much, with less - economically anyway. And whether 30k or 100k, that's really one of the vurtues of an American sports car. 100k is the high end for an American car, whereas it's only the entry fee for many Euro exotics.

An F430 would be a blast, a power packed rocket to the high life, but I'd never forget that it costs 1/4 million dollars - and it's still only the entry model!. Pounding down the road in a ZO6, I'd be thinking "what a deal!" - and it represents a new benchmark too.

An F430 would be a blast, a power packed rocket to the high life, but I'd never forget that it costs 1/4 million dollars - and it's still only the entry model!. Pounding down the road in a ZO6, I'd be thinking "what a deal!" - and it represents a new benchmark too.
both would be sweet but i think i would be happier with the z06. also when it comes time for that first tuneup.....ooooo that ferrari is not going to be cheap.

That's true, everything about a Ferrari is going to cost a hell of a lot just because, and there are only 31 certified Ferrari service centers around the U.S. ( potential transport fees ). A ZO6 can be serviced by most any GM center nationwide. In that sense, even the wildest Vette remains a practical car to maintain. And since it's a ZO6, the dealer is bound to treat you like visiting royalty. :wink2::hug:

About the "Blue Devil", a supercharged Corvette almost seems like a cop-out since it's so far removed from other Vette's. I'd like the see the ultimate be NA.

what LNC you dont believe in tuning your ferrari in your garage with the computer you used in the 80's, and holding it up on cinder blocks. To change the spark plugs. 8)

Yeah the vette is gonna be nice but, i do feel that they can crank maybe 650hp out of a LS series 427. I mean come on. A 1st gen 383 block can do that with heads and cam. :-))!

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo iroc-z89,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Corvette (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
what LNC you dont believe in tuning your ferrari in your garage with the computer you used in the 80's, and holding it up on cinder blocks. To change the spark plugs. 8)

Sure I do, but I don't know how a spit polish and new plugs hammered in with a rusty battle ax is going to look on the service records. :lol:

Yeah the vette is gonna be nice but, i do feel that they can crank maybe 650hp out of a LS series 427. I mean come on. A 1st gen 383 block can do that with heads and cam. :-))!

The Corvette C5-R made 600+ from it's 6.0 V8. And since the racing program is a big test bed for the Vette team, I could see them easily cranking at least that much from the LS7 for an "ultimate" ZO6 conservatively. The car already weighs a good deal less than a Ferrari F430. There have been no full independent road tests yet, but there are no two ways about it, the new ZO6 is just killer. It's amazing what they've been able to offer for less than 100k. Even the Ford GT doesn't offer that kind of bang for the buck.

As for the maintenance costs of a current Ferrari, which Bleh and I were discussing, here are some of Ferrari's own estimates.

As per the Ferrari factory

Every year or 5,000 miles... annual service ~$1,400

10,000 miles ~$1,400

15,000 miles ~$2,500

20,000 miles ~$1,400

Every 3 Years or 30,000 miles... major service $7,500 - $8,500

Most modern Ferrari's don't clock really high miles, but still. After 30,000 miles, your shelling out nearly 10k every three years to keep your prancing horse in ship shape. True, exotics are not for the faint of heart, nor faint of wallet, but the ZO6 is looking better every day.

it doesnt seem as bad as a thought! i doubt that many miles would be put on that quickly, i mean not many people can have it as their commuter. i really thought it would be much worse!!

maybe it was lamborghini that was through the roof maintenance costs.

It isn't as bad as I thought it might be either.

Lamborghini maintenance is much more costly I'm sure, not many places in the U.S. to service them either. The dealer network is loose to say the least.

And I'm sure Iroc will love how we hijacked his thread.

hijack it all you want, i am sorry for not posting but i work 1pm-9pm and have been busy for awhile. Personally, If the engine has to be what rebuilt every 30K i would rather buy an old ferrari with some body damage. The build my 600hp LS2 454 and mate it to the tranny i showed bleh and drive it for 200,000 miles with minor tuneups.

Oh as for the cinder block treat me the camaro got one of them it took me 7 hours to change the old original spark plugs. No rusty axe but a rusty hammer to break the insulator do to the factor that the 3rd gen is the smallest camaro ever built. Then 2 weeks worth of trial and error to rebuild the dizzy. (getting parts and setting timing with out a timing light 45* advance yay. )

oh yes I cant wait to see the new LS7 ripping up these ferraris and lambos. The VIPER is extinct. Granted before the ferrari boys get pissed the ones coming out summer aren't a threat. Ist the ones a few years from now that will show you up. lol

The build my 600hp LS2 454 and mate it to the tranny i showed bleh and drive it for 200,000 miles with minor tuneups.
when i see it ill believe it... it would be a fun setup... but in a ferrari??? why not just drop the tranny you were talking about into the basemodel vette? with some headwork and boltons?

you know what ive really been wanting the more and more i see it. the new gto. put the tranny in that with boltons, man that would be fun and not many would suspect it.

Well, the engine is the heart of every car, but probably most of all in a car such as Ferrari. A Ferrari without it's small displacement, screaming Italian V8 or 12-cylinder would change the character completely. Like I never understood why people put GM 350 V8's into old Jaguar's. Sure, it might fit, but what a Frankenstein.

I'm sure Ferrari's won't have to wait a few years to feel the heat of the ZO6. If the power and weight stats mean anything, the 2006 model promises to handily outrun an F430 - most of the way anyway.

Another thing about the expensive 30,000 mile Ferrari service. Many look upon Ferrari engines as state of the art mechanical masterpieces - which they are, and then wonder why nobody else makes them like that. This is the reason. 'State of the art' comes at a price, and expecting the customer to fork out $8,000 for a periodic overhaul would not be practical for a high volume car manufacturer. Volume production has come a long way though. The LS7 for one, which is a combination of state of the art and tried and true, is a borderline race engine, and comes with reletively normal service intervals I'm sure being that it's a Chevy.

• 2 Monate später...

Ferrari is a car for those who have money to spend to show that they have accomplished something big in their life where as the vette in my opinion is a car that true carguys buy.I have a good friend of mine who has 3 Ferraris (F40 , 360 modena spyder F1, 360 challenge stradele) who also has a 02 Z06 and if you ask him which car he likes the most he will tell you the Z06 only because he can drive it everyday and really push it to the limits without any problems, where as the Ferrari he needs to bring a guy to inspect the car before he takes it out for a weekend.He admits the z06 it it faster then both 360s but not the F40 and that the vette will never have the styling of a ferrari, that signature ferrari sound nor that attention factor but when you think about it you can buy 3 second hand z06s that give you almost the same driving pleasure because you are driving a better car then 90% of the cars on the road for the price of one entry line 360 :-))!

The new C6 vettes are in my opinion the best bang for the buck car that you can buy and still have that reliability for everyday driving.

I 100% agree with everyone in this post that the new vette is the new benchmark

• 1 Jahr später...

It will never handle as good as a Ferrari, though. Driving at the limit through twisty mountain roads, the Ferarri would caress you and make you feel like a racing driver, whereas the 'Vette would scare the living s**t out of you and then kill you.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...