Some Video of my car

'96ModZ3

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo '96ModZ3,

kennst du schon Some Video of my car (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW Zubehör (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I thought that was an ///M badge on the back of your Z3. Normally, that would be uncool, but since you have an M motor and tranny in there, I guess it's somewhat justified. :wink:

By the way, have you contacted Roland yet about having your vids added to the CP gallery?

Hey thanks! Yeah I caught some flak at our BMW club meet from a guy who had the "real" ///MZ3. He was actually offended that I had put the badge on the back of the car. He made some comment about how I had my the "badge upgrade" but didn't really have anything to back it up. He backed down a little after I told him that it did have the 3.2. He was also flabergasted that I drove my car in the rain since his was only a "sunny day car". He informed me that his "daily" driver was a 635i. :puke:

I did contact Roland and he said that it would take a little time by it would get put up.

p.s. the BMW club meet was held at Strictly German, the shop that I refered to in my other post. He has a customer that had his 962 racecar painted at the shop and graciously let him display his AC Schnitzer prepped McClaren F1 for us. What a sight! Oh by the way, it is 1 of 2 McClarens that he owns!

Yeah I caught some flak at our BMW club meet from a guy who had the "real" ///MZ3. He was actually offended that I had put the badge on the back of the car. He made some comment about how I had my the "badge upgrade" but didn't really have anything to back it up. He backed down a little after I told him that it did have the 3.2.
i think you shouldnt have done 1 of 2 things.

1. not mentioned that you do have the 3.2 and just do a quick 2-3gear pull and watch his face.

or

2. not put on the badge and watch everyones faces :lol:

i rock out my "civic cx" badge and stock exhaust with pride

Yeah, don't tell anyone about the mod and just watch their faces. :lol:

It's good that you opted for the 3.2 rather than forced induction on the 1.9 anyway. There is something strange about FI on a BMW. Alpina does it, and very well, but it just doesn't seem like a BMW thing since their engines are specifically designed to make full use of NA.

About the guy with the two McLarens, is he someone well known?

I'm not sure who he is. All I know is that he lives in New York and has some of his cars stored here. That way he can go play at Road Atlanta. By the way, he doesn't race the McClaren, it's his play car.

There's a guy in the club that has a '97? M3 with a supercharger and other mods. He says he putting down around 340hp to the ground. The thing is crazy fast!

Oh man, if I wanted to mod my car to 340hp. I'd go NA. The Euro spec M3 (E36) made 321hp. and 258lb.ft. stock, so it's very possible. But the U.S. M3 made 240, so I can see how FI might be a cheaper option.

Probably. The U.S. spec engine (S50) is tuned for a bit more low end torque, but has a different head, no independent throttle bodies, and is strapped with catalytic converters. So it would make more sense to FI the engine than try to bring it up to Euro spec NA which would be tricky.

Euro spec engines can be imported to the U.S. for racing purposes, but if you want to use it on the street, who has to know? :wink:O:-)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo '96ModZ3,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
Oh man, if I wanted to mod my car to 340hp. I'd go NA. The Euro spec M3 (E36) made 321hp. and 258lb.ft. stock, so it's very possible. But the U.S. M3 made 240, so I can see how FI might be a cheaper option.

the euro engine had 340rwhp? i dont think so, but i might be wrong.

that would mean they have 400ish crank, which i find to be highly unlikely.

he said his friend with a supercharger did 340rwhp, no 340hp.

• 2 Wochen später...
Probably. The U.S. spec engine (S50) is tuned for a bit more low end torque, but has a different head, no independent throttle bodies, and is strapped with catalytic converters. So it would make more sense to FI the engine than try to bring it up to Euro spec NA which would be tricky.

Euro spec engines can be imported to the U.S. for racing purposes, but if you want to use it on the street, who has to know? :wink:O:-)

Thats one of the biggest misconceptions about the euro specs,the euro spec has way more torque and it peaks lower in the rpm band. IMO its a better engine than the upgraded verion in the e46 based on its ultra flat torque curve.Theres also one for sale in my local area claiming 390hp but i am sceptical

I didn't say the U.S. spec engine made more torque, it doesn't. What I said was that the U.S. engine was tuned for more torque off the line - this is true.

But I agree, the Euro E36 M3 engine is better than the one in the E46.

I hope I don't get to far off track with this, but I mentioned earlier in the thread about the McClaren.......here's some pictures from the meeting.

Enjoy!! :-))!

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6101203725.jpg&s=x5

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6101211531.jpg&s=x5

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6101214172.jpg&s=x5

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/6101220862.jpg&s=x5

The front still looks good but the back is still ugly :puke: .

Just in case anybody's interested, here are the links for my videos:

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Takeoff1

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=takeoff2

This is a '96 Z3 that has had a ///M 3.2 and ///M tranny dropped in. I have added cold air,aftermarket exhaust and most recently roll hoops. Some other mods have been made as well. I'm new here so I'll try and upload some more video and still later.

It sounds awesome!

the euro engine had 340rwhp? i dont think so, but i might be wrong.

that would mean they have 400ish crank, which i find to be highly unlikely.

he said his friend with a supercharger did 340rwhp, no 340hp.

Waylon never said anything about the Euro spec M3 making 340whp, he said it has 321bhp. Unless he edited his post before I replied, I don't know where you're getting that.

ModZ3 mentioned a guy in his club whose supercharged M3 is putting 340 hp. to the ground - I make no claims as to the validity of that, but when I said I'd go for 340 NA, I meant at the crank.

Stock Euro spec was 321 at the crank.

I didn't say the U.S. spec engine made more torque, it doesn't. What I said was that the U.S. engine was tuned for more torque off the line - this is true.

But I agree, the Euro E36 M3 engine is better than the one in the E46.

sorry, i interpreted the statement below as meaing more low end torque than the euro,.......just an innocent mistake on my part. I agree that they produced an engine than that didn't rev sky high and therefore it had relatively more torque down low even though in absolute terms it didn't.

The U.S. spec engine (S50) is tuned for a bit more low end torque

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...