EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

89' Toyota Supra NA vs. 94' Honda Prelude VTEC

chris89

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Yeah, I'm thinking that even though the Prelude is lighter, the Supra's six could push it pretty hard on the strip. The Lude might have a chance on a tighter track, but then keeping the revs high might be a problem. It might be running the mild cams most of the time, as the VTEC doesn't kick in until about 5,200 I believe.

I'm a big fan of the Prelude though.

yeah, before i bought the supra, i was putting serious thought into getting a vtec prelude "Love the sound of the vtec" but i was like, i want something rare and fast, so i just got a supra instead. I want a good video or something that Clearly records the "Vtec kick-in" yeah know?? like once it hits 5500 rpm it hits a whole different sound "it's awesome" Isn't that just Variable Valve Timing?? like my friends got an 04' Mazda 3 with the 2.3L DOHC Variable intake valve timing...

variable valve timing is more advanced than vtec. vtec has actually been made a dinosaur by vtec-e, ivtec, and other variable timing schemes.

regular vtec just has 2 cam lobs which it will switch between. vtec-e has 3 cam lobes OR different lobs for different valves(usually intake). i-vtec changes everything. individual cam timing with different lobs. there are a lot of flexibilities and i dont have the slightest clue as to how non honda lift works.

also the vtec engagement is controlled by oil pressure so the engangement point will vary quite a great deal depending on if the engine is ready for it.

as far as the comparison goes i think the prelude will have the upper hand in any rolling situation in 3rd gear or under. from a dig.... the supra should be the victor

• 4 Monate später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo chris89,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

hey throw this situation against my Iroc, but rolling with a 85' supra Na soon to be turbo who would win? i think the car weighs between 200-2500lbs. im an old heavy clunker

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...