EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

the all new Z06

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

read the book Dodge Viper it is written by the guys in charge...ill post a large quotation from it when i find it but basically the Lamborghini built motors were not used because they were unreliable. Lamborghinis motors could not stay together for the dyno testing chrysler put the motors through before putting them in the cars. It is also funny when people call the pushrod motor outdated when the OHC motor was designed before the OHV motor....a Hemi V8 would be a bad idea to put in the Viper for a couple reasons. First of all the new Hemi is, is a marketing ploy. The Hemispherical cumbostion chamber offers no advantage over DOHC motors, and little over todays OHV engines as well.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

The Hemi may be marketing, but it's still cheaper than DOHC, while offering a least competitive performance. And it's a V8 from Chrylser for once, isn't that nice to know?

Metfanant, they should give you a percentage of the profits from every copy of the book Dodge Viper sold. You've mentioned it enough. :wink:

The Hemi may be marketing, but it's still cheaper than DOHC, while offering a least competitive performance. And it's a V8 from Chrylser for once, isn't that nice to know?

Metfanant, they should give you a percentage of the profits from every copy of the book Dodge Viper sold. You've mentioned it enough. :wink:

haha....they should....and i should own half of Bassani exhaust for as much as i plug them to fellow mustang owners but it just doesnt work out lol

I said use the hemi because it's competitive and flexible in a way the old 360 never was. the viper was a rough edged car for a long time, which was funding thing. Dollar for dollar, they didn't do bad. Viper is getting better, but it's got a hell of a challenge in the new Z06. the LS7 archetecture is pretty cutting edge for pushrod design. I say pushrod is old fashion, because sophisticated 4 valve DOHC motors didn't really appear until the 70s, and DOHC motors make more torque per litre too. They don't get a surge off idle the way pushrods do, but they make more torque, and wind higher as well. It's just a better design. More expesnive and complex, yes, but better.

• 1 Monat später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...