EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

the all new Z06

mv

Empfohlene Beiträge

Engine:

Engine Development by KaTech

To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant

LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 500HP/500 Ft Lbs (512 HP derated to 500HP)

- 2 OHV (3 OHV not necessary for target HP)

- Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers

- 11.0:1 CR

- 46 mm (1.81") Titanium Intake valve

- 41 mm (1.61") Na filled Exhaust Valve

- 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block

- Forgrd Crank

- Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps

- Titanium Rods

- Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons

- 0.591" Lift Cam (15 mm)

- Dry Sump

- 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold

- Ram Air

Brakes:

-6 Piston Front Calipers

-4 Piston Rear Capipers

-Cross Drilled Brembro Rotors

Tires:

-345/30x19 rears

Estimated stats :

0-60MPH: 3.8 Seconds

Top Speed: 200MPH (presumably electronically limited)

and a few pics at last:

v5a.jpg¨

v4a.jpg

v2a.jpg

v3a.jpg

v1a.jpg

Z06_sketch.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Where did you get those pictures from?

Looks amazing, and should now challenge the likes of Ferrari, and Lamborghini. They should make a 600+ bhp version of it, then we could see an American supercar at the top, above Saleen, or SSC.

:-(((° again to much damn $ the reason i called it a viper killer was because i thought it was going to cost significantly less

It might be a viper killer regardless of its price as rumours also say it could be actually far more powerful than stated.

Those particular pictures came from sub300.com.

Indeed, they could have had the same power with a smaller engine, I think the 7.0 liter thing is more for the sake of tradition - that and I'm sure they feel the heat from the 8.3 liter Viper. That 3.8 second 0-60 and 200 top speed seems maybe a tad optimistic though.

A $70,000 price tag takes the fun out of it though. It's really something to be pissed off about, because they're not helping to make the ZO6 available to " the people " with that 70k crap. The spirit of Corvette - ZO6 or not, is all about the people's sports car.

Yeah, rumors say that it might actually be a 7l 900bhp engine, that would be insane, I certainly would buy this car. With 900bhp and only 3000lbs, it should go at least 220 mph. Drag coefficient is only .28.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo mv,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Corvette (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Okay, first off a rumor is a rumor. A 3,000 lb. Corvette isn't happening anytime soon, let alone a 900 hp. 7 liter ZO6 capable of 220 mph. Mass produced for $70,000. That is just a total technical leap that GM, or anyone really just couldn't pull off right now.

there won't be a 900hp 7.0L corvette. I can explain why for a long time, things like the fact that no one has ever made a factory pushrod motor do over 100hp/l, the fact it wouldn't be cost effective, or most important, no one could afford to insure that. Could you drive a 900hp car? I don't know if I could without some practice. It's long been known it will be 500hp.

Why 7.0L? The 6.0L just couldn't muster that without radical modifications like 2 intake valves, and even then it was strained. Look at the 7.0L, it's pushing very high compression, huge valves, big porting, that engine is pretty well maxed (without doing something like forced induction). The fact chevy does 500hp with 7.0L instead of 8.3 just affirms that they are better at engineering motors than the people who make the rickety viper motor. The way they did it was the most simple, cost effective way they could. Even so, the old Z06 was what, 55+k, and that differed very little from the stock vette. This has considderibly more unique parts, namely a totally different block. Furthermore, this thing looks completely capable of taking a viper to school for less money. Face it, the stock 400hp vette is as much power as you're going to need, and be able to get in that price segment (well, the E90 M3 should run about 400, but that is a few years off), the Z06 is in a different market.

Limited credit should be given to GM for the LS7 motor. They out sourced a good deal of the development, which doesn't say much for their so far half assed attempts at " GM Performance Division ".

The Corvette is losing it's focus a lttle with the 70k ZO6 though.

here's how i see it. The stock vette runs even with last year's Z06, and is faster than any of its competition. The Z06 is finally able to let chevy compete in a higher echelon of automobile. GM needs an in-house shop like SVT. Ford creating SVT was fairly visionary.

To be fair, dodge outsourced a whole lot of the viper's motor. The first generation viper's 8.0L engine was entirely developed by lamborghini for instance. Definately not their best work, but still.

OK, obviously this is not serious. You guys don't really think there will be a 900hp motor coming from GM? I think MCC Smart is coming out with a 4300awhp car soon, how about tomorrow.

The important thing is the car is great. LS7 and good looks :-))!

Its possible. But I have to correct you polarfox. This year's C6 is a 6.0 liter LS2 V8 engine producing 405 bhp and 400 lbs. ft. of torque. Last year's Z06 used a 5.7 liter LS6 which produced 405 bhp and 400 lbs. ft. of torque, it might seem stupid that I just wrote this, but they are two different engines, even if they have the same power and torque. The next is an LS7 which is 7 liters, and supposed to be 500 bhp, 500 lbs. ft of torque, but RUMORS are that there might be a 900 bhp version of it based on a C5R engine.

I'm not a Viper afficianado, but I'm pretty sure the original 8.0 V10 was not entirely developed by Lamborghini. They simply converted the iron truck motor that Chrysler gave them into a performance engine. I don't believe the Viper team was even satisfied with Lamboghini's interpretation, and ended up reworking it themselves after all.

Anyway, it doesn't reflect well on the manufacturer, especially one with as many resources as GM, to not have things done in-house. The ZO6 is after all supposed to represent Corvette, and to an extent GM's own performance know how. Not who they happen to have in their Roledex.

As for the link Westside provided, nobody mods their car as an investment. Most of the time it'll just devalue the car in relation to what was put into it.

oh polar fox if you only knew what you were talking about you would be danerous....

...starting with the Z06...this is all speculation...for all you know my little brother made up these stats and put them out on the web...whoever told someone it might have 900hp...you should go visit them with a brick in your hand and hit them with it...2nd i doubt it is going to weigh in at 3000lbs and have the 7L with all that performance upgrades...because that will push the price tag up around the Viper and then you take the whole idea of the Vette and throw it out the window....

....now onto polar...you say the fact that GM got 500 whatever hp from a 7L proves that they are better engineers than those that build the rickity 500hp Viper motor....stupidity...plain and simple. you obviously understand zilch about motor design....the Viper doesnt make 500hp because thats all they could get...it makes 500 hp because thats all the needed to get. look at the SRT-10 Carban concept...same motor as the regular SRT-10 but makes 625hp....hmm gee thats a lot more than this new Z06...and btw if you really knew the story of how the Viper motor was built you would know that Chrysler contacted Lamborghini to build the motor...lambo built the motor but the motor was too peaky and basically constantly fell apart...so Dodge SCRAPPED the lamborghini motor...basically the only thing the Viper motor shared with the Lambo motor was what it looked like...Dodge liked the way it looked so they kept that...as far as the internals of the motor that was all in the end built by dodge internally...do some research before spouting nonsense...

oh c'mon, i know a little more than you give me credit for. When I say they can't get more power out of it, i mean more power out of it without it become unreliable, unpleasant, and too high maintanance. I could talk for a long time about why the 7.0L is able to make as much power as the 8.3L. The 8.3 will always make more torque, it's just engine design. First, lambo wasn't contracted, when viper was developed, chrysler owned lamborghini. Second, the lambo viper v10 wasn't thrown out, the first viper engines were built in italy by lambo while dodge was getting north american assembly for that motor ready. Kinda like what chevy did with ZR-1, they had lotus work with them on the heads and had mercruiser do the assembly of the engine because they had an aluminum fabrication facility capable of that motor with excess capacity, GM did not at the time. My comment about GM's engineering being better was sarcasm, I think that the LS7 is a better designed motor than dodge's 8.3 from an engineering standpoint, but overall, i think both leave something to be desired in terms of overall efficiency. The 2-valve a cylender design is outdated, and more can be done with 4-valve engines, that said, if these engines work, i'm not going to argue. I don't know the specs for sure. I've read 500hp from a number of reliable sources. I was merely discrediting the person who said 900, because that is total BS. It is stupid, and since i can't hit him in the face with a brick for being ignorant, i'll just explain it. I don't see it weighing 3000lbs, 3,300 - maybe, but if they get it down to 3000, it's going to be likely missing something you'll notice. I don't think the 7.0L will weight that much more, i'm fairly certain they probably just stroked, or maybe bored and stroked the LS2, that way they could keep as much of it the same as possible. To credit dodge, the new 8.3L V10, which is much better than its predecessor, was nearly totally developed in north america. I'd like to see a pumped up hemi-v8 in viper, or maybe crossfire, just so dodge could have a hemi V8 powered sports car to go up against vette, but if the V10 works, i guess it works.

There was never a question that Lamborghini was owned by Chrysler at the time of the Viper V10 inception, and the first ones may have been built in Italy - to Chrysler engineer specs, but it's worth noting that the original Viper and it's engine were developed on a very tight budget, ( we're talking the possibility of using suspension parts from the Dakota pickup, until they came to the conclusion they would need something more specialized ) without a great deal of inside support. The Viper is legendary now, so you bet the 8.3 got a lot of financing.

Before relegating both the LS7 and the Viper's V10 to outdated status, it should be acknowledged that all large pushrod motors to some degree are torque motors. This is their primary benefit. Personally, I don't see them as inferior or outdated to smaller, high revving units. But when a tried and true design works, you use it.

A Hemi V8 will never land in a production Viper, but Chrysler could deffinitely use the Hemi in the Crossfire, or some future musclecar. The ZO6 won't weight 3,000 lbs. unless it's completely stripped, and that won't happen. And I agree, the LS7 is most likely stroked, and maybe bored. There would be no point for a whole new block.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...