EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Old vs. New ...

LateNightCable

As far as appearance goes, which do you prefer overall?  

1. 1. As far as appearance goes, which do you prefer overall?

Empfohlene Beiträge

im not to sure what your trying to say... but

turbo > sc

also,

diy turbo > turbo kit

new jersey is not easy on insurance, i pay 100 a month on the econo gokart. and i think one big turbo is better than 2 anyway.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

yeah im @ 70 a week and thats registered @ insured under my parents names, if not it would have been twice that plus I get a 20% insurance discount for going to driving school every year. So if It was registered to me about $25 a day insurance on a 20 year old car. Most insurances wouldn't pick me up, progressive would but at 7K a year. I am broke. Prom has costed me every thing and im down to 8 hours this week at work.

i would rather buy a kit that works and fits than play with my car, I have to perform weekly maintaince to keep it in the condition it is in, so a bolt on would be much easier.

As far as the one big versus two small, in comaprison to the honda I would need two big ones in order to keep just a level of comparison between one big one on a 4 cylinder. The time it takes to spool would be a waste.

i would rather buy a kit that works and fits than play with my car.
oooo ok, i love to play with my car
As far as the one big versus two small, in comaprison to the honda I would need two big ones in order to keep just a level of comparison between one big one on a 4 cylinder. The time it takes to spool would be a waste.
theoretically if 2 turbos are not sequential then there is a turbo that will spool just as fast as the bi turbo setup. you just have to tune it right...

well i just learned something, i have tons of mags with how to build turbos, but they are V8 mags, I just learned something new.

as for playin with my car everyday is another dollar I dont have. See insurance rates for reason

yeah im @ 70 a week and thats registered @ insured under my parents names. If It was registered to me about $25 a day insurance on a 20 year old car.

Holy crap! You know, the insurance company is betting almost all of their chips that you're going to wreck any minute now. Or more like your chips, that's a bitch.

Superchargers are reletively inexpensive in relation to turbos. Simpler setup overall, less time, easy power - This is why they are popular with manufacturers like Ford SVT and GM who uses the versatile Eaton M90 extensively in there 3800 V6 cars.

Turbos themselves, minus the plumbing, are really no more complicated than SC. They're tunable, and sometimes just as compact. So turbo's and superchargers both offer versatility in their own way. Although I tend to favor turbo myself, since they are suitable for just about any engine, whereas SC would not suit an engine with no torque at the bottom. A good turbo application does not screw the turbos up after 3-5 years as was quoted, which would be rediculous and no carmaker would use them. And these days, lag is only the product of a crappy turbo job. But when all is said and done, both turbo and SC have evolved favorably over the years.

Since this is the "New or Old" topic, I might make a suggestion for everyone to take this discussion to the new "Turbo vs. Supercharger" thread Bleh opened in miscellaneous.

see bro, your car is more like an investment than a toy, if i had it i doubt i would be playing much with it also. yea i would probably baby the hell out of it.

you should get a civic, good gas mileage and that way when you break it: who cares? its just civic. :wink:

There is something to be said for having an old beater you can do anything with. You can let you hair down (assuming your have long hair :lol: ) and if back into a guard rail or ketchup spills on the seats, you can look down and think - I wonder what movies are playing tonight.

yeah im kinda young man 17, my head is shaved marine style,

I love old cars they are the pride of my life. But if I back the iroc into anything i would be pissed, but body parts on my car are easily replaced, but its got that 10K paint job which is dying, nooooooooo. Anyway i back a new car into something i could care less because it wont kill the value,

Becuase most of what my friends drive have little value to me. Civic.

two questions. On a side note my seat belts are strictly designed to keep me in the car not off the steering wheel anyway I can fix this? I dont have airbags I have hard leather wrapped wheel to break my nose & teeth on.

This pertains to the insurance on older cars somewhat. Most of the imports in my area are fairly slow, and I light them up when i see them parked in a lot. I really just like to be a jack... Cop saw me, I pulled sixty in the parking lot,

he cut across to catch me and I got the heck out of there, he didn't get my plate. Thing is he continued to follow me, when i slowed down, i took a turn, revved it and got out, again comming up behind me. I couldn't go home, I was less than a 1/2 mile from my house. So I call it and pull over, shut the engine off, i wont risk out running him and he was definitely following me, i took three left turns. When i pulled over he went back to the main road to the imports.

But why didn't he light me up? Just interested, it was a interceptor mustang.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
Most of the imports in my area are fairly slow, and I light them up when i see them parked in a lot.
most imports are fairly slow. out of the 600 civics youll see in a month, 130 will have altezzas, 150 will have highschool bass thumping, 120 will have fartpipes, 90 will have big stupid rims, 60 will have an "aluminum 'racing' wing", 20 will have some sort of stupid body kit. and maybe 2 will have a turbo, engine swap, or both. now probably 10-15 civics could get the bellow a 16s in the quarter mile and maybe 2 will push a sub 15s timeslip, can you guess which 2 those are?

fast imports are a rare breed because stunnas are not.

see thats were it differs, here most of the v8's are quiet though the older cars pack some punch, mine is one of them, but a 4 cylinder doesn't need the 8clyinders exhaust with a coffee can, but 95% of them have the coffee can or fart gun on the back

On a side note my seat belts are strictly designed to keep me in the car not off the steering wheel anyway I can fix this?

Well, aside from a retrofit to a more modern seatbelt system, I would suggest seeing what you can do to adjust the tension, because it sounds pretty slack if you can touch your face to the wheel. Unless they're the kind which tighten on impact. Either way, see about getting a locking clip, or preferably a heavy duty locking clip available from the manufactuer.

As for why the cop turned around to go back after you pulled over, my guess is that he decided the pack of imports was a greater threat than you - Who pulled over on your own accord. Or he had a radio call.

fast imports are a rare breed because stunnas are not.

Iroc, there's a bumper sticker for you.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...