SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Lambo Gallardo or Ferrari 360 CS?

BIGpassion

Which car would you rather have?  

1. 1. Which car would you rather have?

• Lamborghini Gallardo
    • Ferrari F360 CS

Empfohlene Beiträge

one thing i can say, whether your like ferrari or lamborghini, only one shares parts with audis. It's a ford/chevy thing. you have a side, it is flavor. one is not "better", they are different, trying to argue otherwise is sorta pointless. Why are we bickering here? We are here because we are sophisticated beyond that.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 75
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

We are here because a member wanted to know which car ( Gallardo or 360CS ) we would all choose, as our own I would imagine. A particular member wants to believe that all Ferrari's, with the exception of the F40 are trash, and wants to impress that upon everyone. Thats' where the bickering is from.

But lied about hp and weight figures are neither here nor there, those are merely someone's claims. As far as this topic goes, the Ferrari and Lambo are running fairly even. Which is not surprising, considering neither one of them are trash.

What Audi is to lambo, Fiat is to Ferrari. As to the proof of Ferraris claims, go to the Ferrari boards, and do a search. You will find that not one, but several people dynoed their car, and then subsequently went and weighed their cars. Both numbers were SUBSTANTIALLY off. There was even talk about trying to sue ferrari.

Ill retract my statement of all ferraris being trash. Ill replace it with, all Ferraris barring the F40 and Enzo, are overpriced and underperforming, with uninspired styling. The F40 and Enzo are just overpriced. :-))!

Currently, there is a 1989 F40 for sale on the web at $326,000 ( owned by a former F1 champion ). That doesn't seem too bad, especially since the list price for a new, run of the mill Murcielago is about $280k.

But about the horsepower discrepencies. Actual figures that aren't the same as advertised ares nothing new, or exclusive to Ferrari. That is the nature of series production, even Lambo. You might get a strong running car, or you might get a really strong running car. But as Bleh pointed out, when on a dyno, there are many variables that could effect the outcome.

When someone like Ford makes untrue claims about the Mustang, they get in trouble. Mostly because that proved to be a bold faced falsification.

But regardless of true power ratings, both the Ferrari and Lambo get the job done pretty well. Their rankings in this thread reflect that.

I admit it, I'm a total loser. I really just pretend that I drive Lamborghini's. In reality, I would take anything I could get. At the moment I just ride the city bus.

I would like to thank everyone on CarPassion, especially LNC for informing me of what a disturbed and envious person I am. That's why I come onto these forums and cause a ruckus, I'm just really jealous. And even though I'm a moderator in another forum, ( were I have racked up over 2,000 posts in 2 months, a testament to my un-employment ) I can't help but feel powerless to change it.

I'm so very sorry. Now I think I'll go pank myself in front of the giant Lambo poster on my bedroon wall.

i can no way agree with you on alot off the stuff you say, but some stuff i do allanlambo, i have to agree with you on your last statement, lamborghini itself quoted that it was a car to be driven, they are a "useable every day supercar"....i can't quite remember the place where i found this quote but if i do come across it again i will let you know, (thats only if you dont beleive what i said)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo BIGpassion,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

i'd take neither, i'd much rather have a ford GT, but if i had to buy italian, i'd go modern for the F430. If I didn't have an F430, i'd go with the CS. I think the Gallardo is watered down from what lambo represents and has too much audi in it. So far as i can tell, no parts from ferrari have appeared in anyone else's car. Lambo's V10 is up to go into who knows what next, there has been talk of RS8, Phaeton, RS6, Nuvolari, all assortment of cars. That and performance numbers for gallardo are so far somewhat inconsistent. In the end it is preference though. I can definately see the appeal to a gallardo. What i will say however is that a Ford GT has them both trumped. :D

Kind of late in the game for a poll, but oh well, what ever helps make sense of this topic :wink: .

I've seen an ad for a new GT, selling for the best offer over $250,000 :???: .

Something I'll be eager to see is an F430 Challenge. :) And I'm not even into Ferrari much.

Yea, the Ford GT is crazy, and the acelleration is insane, I think it is 0-60 in 3.3 for a car thats under 300k, thats a bargain. Even though the top speed is 205 mph, still beats the two we are comparing, right?

not quite 3.3 to 60 but still an awesome car, dont really like the styling though, i love the way the doors cut into the roof just like the gt40, the front is what puts me off the car, if that front was a bit more detailed i think it would be one of the best cars of modern day.

Good luck finding a GT for 150k though. It's an amazing car in stock form, it would be interesting to see what a good tuner could do to it. If Steve Saleen wants something to occupy his time between Mustangs and Foci, forget the S7, he should get his hands on one of these.

In my eyes, the Gallardo is neither beautiful or brutal looking. The 360 has flowing lines though a stubby profile, so looks best as a Spyder. As befitting the spiritual successor of a classic, the Ford GT has it all. Low, wide, slinky profile, sharp moves and brutal power.

BigP, what would you do to enhance the front of the GT?

Meh, that markup will settle down.

My favorite thing ever was the chrysler crossfire. My dealer tried marking up over sticker. The crossfires sat and sat and sat and finally they started moving, when the dealer offered a 1500 dollar rebate below sticker. So much for marking up the crossfire.

The GT is like any other car of that nature though. Next year you'll be able to get one at sticker i'm sure.

Having never "posted," I couldn't pass up the chance to vote here. I had the opportunity to drive a Gallardo a few months ago, and it will forever remain a favorite. It's unbelievable. Is the 360 better? Who cares? I'm still high from my Lambo ride.

• 11 Monate später...

Lets get something straight here, Ferrari CS is a modified track version of 360 modena. This car is made for the track. Gallardo is a luxury road car, it is not not made for the track. Yes, maybe gallardo is morepowerful, but the 360 CSwill dominate it on track, beacause it was madefor it.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...