SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Lambo Gallardo or Ferrari 360 CS?

BIGpassion

Which car would you rather have?  

1. 1. Which car would you rather have?

• Lamborghini Gallardo
    • Ferrari F360 CS

Empfohlene Beiträge

An Enzo is no doubt a fantastic car, but it is not worth a Murcielago, Gallardo, Diablo, F40, Porsche TT, and a Saleen S7 combined. Inmo, the only Ferrari worth owning is an F40.

That's one of the smartest things I've seen you type, I wouldn't mind having an F50 If it was at all possible and there's nothing wrong with it. The F40 is considered BY ME one of the best Ferrari's ever made but the F50 is the absolute best and it's not even the fastest.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 75
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort
but so i my Diablo. Its on its way to CA to get Twin turboed.
:thumbs up:

but seriously guys the pissing match shouldve been over a while ago. allan had a very good point that nobody could respond to in that a large portion of us dont own either of the cars and in some cases(namely my own) have never driven either.

skyline, you should know that no matter how much you have done to your ride, you are never done modifying it. and going from being bottle fed to blown for the extra horsepower is definitely worth it. i wouldnt want to fill the bottle up after every time i spray.

I just don't like the fact that spray is used on an exotic, it just doesn't seem right like it's not suppose to be there it kind of degrades the car a little.

I know how it is when you need more power, I mean hell I had a 147hp 2.4L I-4 eclipse and couldn't stand it for more than a couple of months until it went supered. Even stage 1 with 240fwhp wasn't enough so now I finally have stage 3 at ??? probably over 400+fwhp?? I haven't dyno'd recently and don't have the money to dyno it.

I've thought about spray for my car but I just don't know. I want to see how much raw USEABLE hp I can get out of this supercharger before having to "cheat" with spray, you know what I mean??

I just don't feel like messing around with getting a bottle, bottle warmer, direct port injection system and all that other shit. It all adds weight and i'm looking to lose as much weight as possible plus you have to keep refilling the bottle after you use 3/4's of it because they say you don't let it get fully empty for some reason???

I'm definitely not done, I wished I had alot of "excess money" then i'd buy magnesium wheels, make the frame out of aluminum, replace the entire body casing with carbon fiber, just like I did with my 3000GT VR-4, take out my back seats, hollow but strong roll cage, front bucket racing seats and etc etc etc.

I probably won't get rid of the eclipse because it was my 1st 4-cylinder project car and I haven't lost or got beaten at the track yet. :-))!

Man that was a long ass post, sorry about that guys.

Hp is Hp, and nitrous does not degrade the car in anyway. If i dont TT my car, i may build the bottem end, and bump up to a 250shot.

As for the F50, it is trash. It is a known fact that the previous F40 outperformed it in any situation. It is not fast( was in a Diablo 6.0 with just a cat-back exhaust, and an F50 could not pull away from us, we also had about a 200pd weight penalty for the 2 of us in the car, F50 driver was alone), handling is not particularly good, nor are the brakes. Inmo, it is extremely ugly. I was able to drive on at the Cavallino Classic several years ago around Moroso, back to back with an F40. The F40 seemed to be twice the car. Only aspect the F50 excells over the f40 is in build quality, as the F40 is pretty bad. Again, just as in the Enzos case, the F50 is WAY overpriced. Atleast the Enzo has vastly superior performance, while the F50 does not.

Also, do you know why Ferrari has set stricts rules in place making sure owners of these cars never allow anyone to post Nurburgring or Hockenheim times? Because they dont want to be embarresed. Do you know Ferrari has been caught lying about hp and weight claims on recent cars? This was proven on the Ferrari boardds when owners weighed their 360CS's and dynoed them. Hp was down, and weight was up. Do you know that Ferrari dealers along with Ferrari create a false market for their cars? 360's sold for way over msrp for a long, long time. But if you look in the Dupont, from day one, there were hundreds of them for sale, all by individual owners, used cars with no miles. No how do you think that happens?

skyline, i think your missing my point: a project car is never finished.

there is nothing wrong with n2o on an exotic. remember with the engine he has he will get much better gains with the same amount than you or i would.

to allan though, man is a 250 shot really that much better? i mean think of the possibilities when you are pushing psi. no need to refill the bottle. and everytime you get past a certain rpm you just pull. i know its a lot of work with custom fabrication and all that, but you know its going to be so much more fun.

i dont know, i think im just a turbo whore and should try to get back on topic.

Well, I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving, everyone who celebrates it that is. This thread has come a long way.

Allenlambo, you may have a history of owning Ferrari's but your assumption that all except the F40 are trash is pretty extreme. And as you yourself understandably place such great importance on solid experience, how can you say that the F430 will be a boring car - you can't, you have never driven one, and prabably have never seen one in person. And as for Lambo beating Ferrari in looks all day long, you can say that, but it doesn't mean a whole lot since looks are purely subjective.

I happen to agree that Ferrari has become a marketing whore, and the cars they crank out are not as special as they might have been before. But however overpriced, or fragile, the cars remain some of the best performing in the world. Every make of car has it's ups and downs, high points in history, and low points - without exception. You can say that your experience with Ferrari has not been good, and that you highly prefer Lamborghini, but don't say they are trash. As the leader of your own forum, isn't open mindedness one of the traits you value?

As far as nitrous goes, my opinion of it is not high, epecially in an exotic. It's a band-aid, a steroid injection. Good for fast runs down the strip, but other than that, it's not practical at all. I like to see what a car can do on it's own.

To correct Speedster25, Maserati does not run on Mercedes engines, they are Ferrari based if anything.

I dont need to drive a 430. Ive driven a 360, and the 430 is just a massaged 360, so yes it is trash.

As for nitrous being a band aid, its a great one at that when you are bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th and the speedo is indicating approx where 230mph would be, since the speedo stops at 220. On its own, with no nitrous, the Diablo still flies.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo BIGpassion,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Uh, no Allan, the 430 is not a massaged 360, and even if it were, that would be one hell of a massage. Were talking deep tissue here. You're obviously jaded about this whole Ferrari - Lambo discussion, so it's not worth speaking to you about it rationally. Just don't pass your judgement off as absolute truth, that's not cool.

The bad thing about nitrous it's not constant, it runs out. It's worse than burning premium unleaded at a gallon a minute at $20 per gallon. Though I admit, I'm not much into drag racing anyway. But as for the topic at hand - Westside, what would be your choice, 360 Challenge Stradale or Gallardo?

Real clever, did I hit a nerve? Allan, stick to resort sales, you're not the afficionado you think you are. If you ditch this topic because you're tired of having every point you make countered with something that actually makes sense, then it won't be the first time. For someone who is a mod on your own forum, you're not very fair minded. And yes, I think I will continue to read good magazines, they're very educational.

I'm not really sure, I haven't driven either one. From what I've seen, the Gallardo is badass, and the CS is even "badder". However, the Gallardo has a v10, and is cheaper by a healthy 40,000 dollars. The CS has a sequential as opposed to a conventional 6-speed. It's also 700 pounds lighter (!) than the Gallardo. Gallardo has AWD, which is sweet, but is still a little slower in straight-line speed, most likely due to the extra weight, as it has 100 more peak ft/lbs of torque at 4500 than the CS, and about 75 more peak hp at 7800, both of which come before the Ferrari. As for revs, both hit power up till the redline, 8500 rpm for the CS and 7800 rpm for the Gallardo. As for speed, the CS definitely wins, but not by much. I've seen the Gallardo lap and it does pretty well, even though it is limited by weight. The CS still obliterates the Gallardo when it comes to track times, but in terms of straight line speed, the Gallardo is pretty close.

It seems to me you are asking, "Which would you rather own?" The answer is the Gallardo, the CS might be sportier, but the Gallardo is more comfortable, and AWD makes it less of a hassle to drive. I don't know for sure though, I might drive the CS and become hooked.

May I digress?

As for the F50, it is trash

Very true, F40 beats it any day of the week, fiscal year, Yemenese calendar year, etc. F50 was not well thought out, really.

You can't say the F50 is trash. Thats like saying it belongs in a junkyard, which it does not. You are being a little critical, that is like saying every other car to Lamborghini is a peice of crap, which I can say is not true. Why would you need a 250 shot of nitrous in a Lambo, those cars aren't made for using nitrous. I'm sorry, but I can't quite get you. I agree with LNC, at least keep an open-mind about everything, instead of looking in a tunnel. In your case your tunnel, is that everything inside of it is Lambo, and everything outside is all the other cars. Would you say the McLaren is a piece of crap or the future Koenigsegg, or other exotic cars?. What about in 2007, when Ferrari will come out with the F60, that already is supposed to have at least 800bhp, will that be the same? To tell you the truth I would like any Ferrari, or Lambo, or whatever. I keep an open mind, even when my favorite is the CCR or F1. But as a brand Ferrari is my favorite, but I like Lambo too. Go up to Ferrari's headquarters, and say Ferrari's are pieces of crap to an exec. And I'd bet he would just shrug you off. Be a little more respectful.

And LNC: Did I say Maserati used MB-engines?, maybe I wrote something differently, I know they used Ferrari engines, or their own. O yea my bad about that report. I accidently clicked on it.

I meant to say that the F50 wasn't as good as its predecessor, which means it is not worth its own production. I don't know about you guys but I've always been taught that if a son can't surpass his father, there is no point in having a son.

As far as this thread has come, it has some what drifted off track. but this time im not going to ask people to get back on the original statement. im just going to sit back and watch those posts keep flooding in and chip in with my own comments every now and again, im starting to enjoy watching people debate on what they believe....therefore im going to give my own two pennies worth.

So, there seems to be a little "thing" going on at the moment with LateNightCable and allanlambo which is on the lines of an "italian civil war" ( sort of ) between lamborghini and ferrari. in my eyes, if someone was just to ask me what i thought of lamborghini and ferrari, i would say....lamborghini is a company that is rock solid in a sense of all-round capabilities, the are consistantly producing high range, top quality cars. i would say that they are always making cars on the same wavelenght if you know what i mean, if you dont i mean that they are always making cars that are similar, just at different price ranges, an example, the gallardo is just a de tuned and cheaper version of the murcielago. as for ferrari, i would say that they are alot more varied in their production cars, an example of this variation is an enzo and the 612, two completely different cars, and as for ferraris being boring i would say that what i have just stated suggests that ferraris are not boring at all in every way. lamborghinis are still king of the hill for me though, purely because of individual taste.

----------------

i hope my post has been taken into account LateNightCable and allanlambo so it could help you conclude your topic.

----------------

BIG p

I'm not really sure, I haven't driven either one. From what I've seen, the Gallardo is badass, and the CS is even "badder". However, the Gallardo has a v10, and is cheaper by a healthy 40,000 dollars. The CS has a sequential as opposed to a conventional 6-speed. It's also 700 pounds lighter (!) than the Gallardo. Gallardo has AWD, which is sweet, but is still a little slower in straight-line speed, most likely due to the extra weight, as it has 100 more peak ft/lbs of torque at 4500 than the CS, and about 75 more peak hp at 7800, both of which come before the Ferrari. As for revs, both hit power up till the redline, 8500 rpm for the CS and 7800 rpm for the Gallardo. As for speed, the CS definitely wins, but not by much. I've seen the Gallardo lap and it does pretty well, even though it is limited by weight. The CS still obliterates the Gallardo when it comes to track times, but in terms of straight line speed, the Gallardo is pretty close.

It seems to me you are asking, "Which would you rather own?" The answer is the Gallardo, the CS might be sportier, but the Gallardo is more comfortable, and AWD makes it less of a hassle to drive. I don't know for sure though, I might drive the CS and become hooked.

May I digress?

Very true, F40 beats it any day of the week, fiscal year, Yemenese calendar year, etc. F50 was not well thought out, really.

The Gallardo is much quicker than the 360CS in straightline speed. Been there, done that.

Ferraris are crap, i can say it, i own them. I speak from experience. I dont say everything is crap compared to Lamborghini. Porsche is an AWESOME car. Give me a Gt2 over any Ferrari barring an Enzo or F40.

Yes, the F50 is trash, ive driven them. It is a shitbox. The F40 is awesome. Period point blank, end of story. The F40 is one of the greatest cars ever made. :-))!

I wouldn't say there is an Italian Civil War going on here, but there is a particular member who seems to want to throw this discussion off, and dis-regard anyone else's opinion but his own. He has made his preference quite evident, and now needs shut up, for he is running in circles. Anymore spout offs from him will be deleted or edited in a rather humorous fashion. Westside on the other hand posted one of the most fair and objective opinions in this thread, lets see more of those.

The F40 does indeed rank as one of the best Ferrari's ever made. Proving that they are capable of building a masterpiece when they put their minds to it. Lambo just needs more autonomy from heavy handed Audi/VW.

i rekon this has proven to be quite a popular topic, and to be honest im not suprised, there are interesting conversations going on. it has been spoilt in a way i think, i think some people might just be a little harsh against ferrari

The Gallardo is much quicker than the 360CS in straightline speed. Been there, done that.

Well, that contains only a modicum of truth according to the numbers I've seen. I've never witnessed a race, but the numbers claimed by Ferrari would put it .2 seconds faster than the Gallardo in the quarter, faster to 100 mph, and tied to 60mph. Not surprising with the weight discrepancy.

As for the Ferrari-bashing, I don't hate them. They make fine cars, and I have nothing against that. The CS is a great car, so is the F50. The F50, however, had some problems, which shouldn't come on a car of that price.

Well, that contains only a modicum of truth according to the numbers I've seen. I've never witnessed a race, but the numbers claimed by Ferrari would put it .2 seconds faster than the Gallardo in the quarter, faster to 100 mph, and tied to 60mph. Not surprising with the weight discrepancy.

As for the Ferrari-bashing, I don't hate them. They make fine cars, and I have nothing against that. The CS is a great car, so is the F50. The F50, however, had some problems, which shouldn't come on a car of that price.

Look at real numbers, not Ferrari quoted numbers. Ferrari also quoted Hp, and weight figures which are untrue, and proven so by ferrari members who dynoed and weighed their cars.

Where's the proof showing they lied about their hp and weight figures??

If there's no proof, this is just all hear-say. You say don't believe Ferrari, so now I say why believe you?

Without proof you're just another voice spoken into the wind.

how much of a weight difference and hp difference. and you also must include all of the variables: dry weight vs. wet. or whp vs bhp vs crank.

it is also important to note that every dyno is different and you will get much different readings on an na car with varying altitude, temperature, and humidity. also the weight of the tires and rims will not only effect the weight of the car put also what the dyno reads. there are so many variable that must be accounted for.

there must be a significant difference in hp to justify a false claim by ferrari.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...