EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

1033 hp M5, quarter mile in 9.41

Thunf

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Ok, this topic is about 'monsters' I guess!

I think that the most extreme NA monster Mercedes have created is the Mercedes CLK-GTR Super Sport. In that there is a NA V12 engine, 720 hp @ 6700 rpm.

If you would like to see a CLK-GTR they certainly exists somewhere in the middle east, I guess!

It depends on where you live, but an Enzo is extreme, you must own two Ferraris before you can buy one. And I've seen a couple of Ferraris, an old one and a brand new 360 Spider. The CLK-GTR is the most expensive car in the world, more expensive than an Enzo - including those you must buy before buying an Enzo!

Finally everybody thinks, Mercedes thinks, BMW thinks, Porche thinks. If Ferrari knows people willing to pay for something extra, I don't blame them. And Mercedes certainly gains some money for those sold CLK-GTRs but It's just for showing - we can build fast cars. BMW built an exteme X5 LeMans, it's very fast too - faster than the E60 M5 round Nurburgring. But it's not for sale -only for showing. Anyone heard it? The sound was very raw! I think the Porche Carrera Gt have one of the best engine sounds ever!

Yes, this thread isn't about AMG vs. M, it's about monsters.

At about $1,250,000 I don't know if that Mercedes is the most expensive, but it's certainly up their. This gets us talking about the most extreme homologation specials, such as the said Mercedes, and the Nissan R390 GT1, although in this case, the road car came before the race car.

With a 700 hp. racing V12, the X5 LeMans deffinitely qualifies as a monster, but when I think of "monsters" I don't think of anything factory, but rather some wildly powerful speed demon, put together with no factory support. Something that may also possibly be wildly impractical or unsafe. Based off of an existing roadcar.

About the $1,000,000+ racing derived road cars though, the manufacturers don't build those to make money really, but rather so they can qualify the car to race. Rules often stipulate that at least one or a handfull of road versions must be built to qualify.

you dont' need to go to extremes to be extreme.

The Dinan S2-M5 didn't turbocharge, supercharge, or nitrous inject the E39 M5's V8, they didn't bore it bigger. They took what it had and made it work better. They updated the intake, the computer, the exhaust, the cams, shortened the gearing, lightened the flywheel, removed weight and trimmed up the suspension. What they got was a car that was actually easier to drive around town, but more importantly, ran to 60 sub 4.1, breaks 200 without breaking a sweat, slaloms a shade below 70 (and we're talking about a 2 ton passenger sedan). This is performance to run down a viper, a 911 turbo, a F430, the new more powerful E60 M5, the E55, and it comes within a shadow of outrunning cars like the CL65 which go for 80k more. That to me is beauty in the beast.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...