EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New pics of murcie roadster

ah64zzp

Empfohlene Beiträge

Photo Shoot at the Lamborghini Factory, July 12, 2004

IMG_6227a.jpg

These bad boys look pretty mean from behind!

DSCN5544.JPG

But I'm disapponited in the so called "R-top" which designed for temporary use (for example in the case of sudden rain). Look, it will be very difficult to fix the soft top roof by yourself.

murcielago%20roadster_by_kld%20(66).JPG

It is also said that the recommended maximum speed with the roof in place is 160 km/h.Maybe a convertable top roof will solve that problem,no matter it is automatically or manually operated,like F360spider or MG TF(they also both have mid-mounted engine).

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

is money ever that big of a thing when you are buying a lambo?

Some people just do removable and stowable hard tops in mid engine cars, a solution that works pretty well, especially since you can then have a clear plexi-glass roof you can remove and store. The Pagani and Koenigsegg i believe both do that, as do a number of other cars (the vette coupe has this too). It's a simple solution, a lot fewer things to break and less weight than a power soft top. A soft top is a hard thing to work well at high speed.

Those wheels look sick though. They look like 19's and I wonder how much they weight.

Weight may have been a factor as to why they were " tamed " for production, although it was probably due more to ease of production; which I always thought kind of silly for an exotic. Why cheap out on details? An exotic car should be a concept come to life. The wheels are 18".

The Pagani roadster does have a removable top, which seems odd since the top itself is a combination of cloth and carbon fiber, more fitting of a retractable top. Though, with a stowable roof, I think glass or Lexan would be preferable to plexiglass.

Well, there probably won't be any available for salvage anytime soon. OZ Racing which is Lamborghini's wheel supplier does not offer the Murcielago Roadster wheel style for general consumption, at least not yet. But knock-offs might be down the road a bit.

I wasn't exactly talking about knock-off's. I was merely talking about you know getting these from a lambo dealership or warehouse directly and having them put on a car.

I know it's a far stretch but that was what I was meaning, even though you probably can't get them.

Some people just do removable and stowable hard tops in mid engine cars

Yeah,that's a good idea, I guess the porsche Carrera GT and the Ferrari F50 both do that , the hard top can make you feel safer,and it brings the whole car's appearance together.I've heared it will take at least

5 minutes to fix that soft top,someone even said in practice it may take 15minutes. It seems ridiculous that the lambo claimed the soft top is designed for temporary use (for example in the case of sudden rain).The wheel rims are aluminium alloy with dimensions of 8.5’’ at the front and 13’’ at the rear, with Pirelli Rosso 245/35ZR 18 tyres at the front and 335/30ZR 18 at the rear.

as for plexi-glass, there are certainly plastics that are clear. I'm fairly certain lexan is not a clear plastic, it's opaque, and can be colored. My reasoning for plexi glass is that safetly glass in windows like car windows could crack, break, scratch, etc. much easier, and tends to be heavier per the same strength.

Lexan is quite versitile in it's many uses, and can be made cristal clear, purity is one of it's benefits. In fact it has been used in automobiles for some time. In 1962, NASA began using Lexan resin for astronaut helmets and visors, commonly refered to as " bubble helmets " ( you should know that one ). On top of that, it's one of the strongest and most durable industrial plastics around.

Everything from racing helmets to CDs'. It's a cool thing Lexan is.

i was unaware they were playing with lexan in the 60s. GE has only gotten agressive marketing it more recently. Apparenlty it can be mixed as a crystal clear resin, and has fairly impressive impact specs. It has a lot of give. Go hit a saturn, it'l show you. Xenoy plastic is the impact plastic that is opaque. That stuff is stronger than steel.

Lexan seems like the kind of material they would have marketed as a wonder product back in the old days. Funny they are marketing it strongly now, although the time for strong, light materials has come.

Plastic body panels like on the Saturn are still seen as kind of downscale I think, and although I value the use of solid materials, it really does make good sense. Just because you drive an expensive car doesn't mean you want to spend money repairing dents in your metal you know?

A corvette is lexan too.

It has definate drawbacks, it doesn't have the luster that painted steel has, you can't use body panels to add strength to the car, lexan is too flexible. Saturns are steel unibody, corvette is body on frame. It doesn't have the solid, substantial feel. There are tradeoffs there, for some cars it works, some it doesn't. It's better than the fiberglass they used to make vette out of.

I don't see how the luster issue could not be overcome, especially if the surface is primed, or in the case of multiple coats. After the primer is on, the paint doesn't know what it's sticking to. I've some pretty lusterous Vette's.

Lexan may not add strength to the car, but then body panels by themselves have never provided the greatest protection from a collision. The Corvette is really more than a body on a frame though, more like a whole car with bolted on plastic clothes. When did they switch to Lexan?

Overall, I don't think plastics are thought of seriously enough. Like you say, it works in some cars and not others. It really just depends on where it's used.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...