EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve

Thunf

Empfohlene Beiträge

first off, their numbers are the slowest i've ever seen posted for that car. Jeremy did the quarter as fast as the factory claimed it to be possible in. The fact that the people who did that article were so incompetent that they could not get the car to perform well, i have to question their analisys. Seccondly, an SLR redlines at 6,000 and is geared much taller, so it has to make more low end. The top gear in the CC is tall, and isn't for accelerating 50-70. When Road and Track drove the CC, they said it had the most powerful thrust of any car they'd driven. The fact that article says the torque curve of a CC is like that of a turbocharged car shows how little they know. Torque curves from turbocharged cars drop off at high end, the torque curve of CC looks naturally aspirated. Also, the CCR does the quarter in 9.0 and has a deeper torque curve.

I could tear that article apart at every juncture, it's just a sad example of automotive journalism.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
first off, their numbers are the slowest i've ever seen posted for that car. Jeremy did the quarter as fast as the factory claimed it to be possible in. The fact that the people who did that article were so incompetent that they could not get the car to perform well, i have to question their analisys. Seccondly, an SLR redlines at 6,000 and is geared much taller, so it has to make more low end. The top gear in the CC is tall, and isn't for accelerating 50-70. When Road and Track drove the CC, they said it had the most powerful thrust of any car they'd driven. The fact that article says the torque curve of a CC is like that of a turbocharged car shows how little they know. Torque curves from turbocharged cars drop off at high end, the torque curve of CC looks naturally aspirated. Also, the CCR does the quarter in 9.0 and has a deeper torque curve.

I could tear that article apart at every juncture, it's just a sad example of automotive journalism.

Most tests only does reviews on how much money they get. Take Top-Gear... one week a Nissan was one of the worst car to drive, the next weak on the very same model there was not a single point on the car they could complain on... I'm sick and tired when you clearly see this 'bribe-acting' going on... or how I should put it...

well cable, you don't need to follow the eggy if you don't want to. we can.

and i'd be interested to see how you feel about the automotive press. I am dissapointed with them in general, especially as of late. I totally agree with thunf.

well cable, you don't need to follow the eggy if you don't want to. we can.

and i'd be interested to see how you feel about the automotive press. I am dissapointed with them in general, especially as of late. I totally agree with thunf.

In a Chrysler thread, be my guest. :wink:

Well, I don't read automotive journalism like I used to. But it really is dependent on how knowledgable the writer/testers are. Magazines taking kick backs probably goes on too, but when it comes to testing cars, one can only lie through their teeth so much.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that automotive testing itself is not an exact science.

i've seen the same magazine compare the same cars unchanged one year, then again the next, with totally different conclusions. you can get something from the automotive press, but don't hold it is gospel, take it with a grain of salt.

• 4 Wochen später...

keep in mind, power to weight isn't any better on ME412 and that has turbo lag to contend with and a shorter torque curve. Superchargers like the lyscholm on the koenigsegg offer a pretty sweet deal.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Thunf,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Though I'm not sure how much turbo lag a twelve cylinder car with four turbos would have to deal with. The Bugatti EB110 didn't have much at all if I recall.

But the ME412 is a dream with projected numbers. If all that matters is making a slingshot, well that's easy.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...