EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve

Thunf

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

The ME412 has yet to happen. It's a concept car, right now on about the same level as a ford GT90 (actually, it's phenomenally similar too). I'm sure it would be fast, and it is light weight, but I have trouble beleiving their target weight estimates. Quad Turbo Daimler V12s have never been lightweight, neither has drivelines strong enough to handle them, but i mean it could hit their fairly optimistic targets. It would be an interesting car should they make it, but it bothers me. It is 100% mercedes, with the exception of the name badge, it's clearly merc. making something to increase the prestige of the north american line. If i see them make it close to target weight, i'd say it would perform very well. I doubt their original performance estimates (a 0-60 of well under 3 secconds). I'd be interested to see how it stacked up against a CCR and an F1 in the quarter mile.

Most deffinitely, if the ( Messerschmitt ) ME412 were ever built, you know it would probably stack on pounds like mad. A sub-3 second 0-60 supercar, I doubt Chrysler or Mercedes have the ambition for such a project anyway. If they did, the SLR would be a lot lighter and faster too.

Since it's clearly apparent that in modern Daimler Chrysler, the engineering comes from the daimler side, the decisions are made by the daimler boys, and in general, daimler wears the pants, would they make the chrsyler flagship a more impressive car than SLR? I doubt it.

The interior isn't finished, that's more weight. The chasis bolsters aren't complete (because they note the chasis creaks in corners), that's more weight again, and it's over chrysler's rediculous target already. Go figure. I love it, another chrysler with an AMG powerplant. Sweet.

While it's 0-60 is pretty impressive, the koenigsegg CCR would do some hurt on it in the quarter mile. The CCR nocks down a 9.0 quarter, in contrast to the 10.6 on the ME412.

The name is interesting coming from Daimler. Messerschmidt did make an prototype aircraft powered by twin daimler V12s called an ME412, but sadly it was a flop. I get that 4 turbos, 12 cylenders part, what is ME?

It's a cool car, i just don't know how much creedence i give the the daimler hype.

While it's 0-60 is pretty impressive, the koenigsegg CCR would do some hurt on it in the quarter mile. The CCR nocks down a 9.0 quarter, in contrast to the 10.6 on the ME412.

I wouldn't be that sure about this...koenigsegg's official stats are extremely exaggerated...and the real times are pretty far from that as those who tested it could confirm...

is that so? Jeremy didn't have any trouble getting CCV8 to do a tenth better than factory when he tested it. Koenigsegg isn't exagerating by 1.6 secconds. I'd put money it actually does do it in 9.0. The torque curve on the CCR is godly, it's lightweight, a truly optimized sports car. nothing unneccesarily complex (except the doors :D ), it's the way supercars should be. ME412 is cool, except some moron ripped the three pointed star off the hood and dropped on a set of chrysler wings on it, what's up with that?

My guess is that the " ME " stands for Mid-Engine. But who knows, it could be their idea of "Masterful Engineering ". :wink:

I think the car itself is more of an elaborate advertisment that Chrysler is world class and on the move. And don't rag on the Chrysler wings, they have a right to aspire to great things as much as anyone.

My guess is that the " ME " stands for Mid-Engine. But who knows, it could be their idea of "Masterful Engineering ". :wink:

Masterful Engineering I would agree with. This concept Chrysler appears as ready for the streets as most of their concepts are. This vehicle would dominate the market for a while, then it would find it's place within the market and hopefully hold it's market 'niche'. But, will Chrysler really build it? Unfortunately, probably not. In my opinion, Chrysler is just showing-off just like Ford was with the GT-90 and the Indigo.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Thunf,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

That car isn't a chrysler, the chrysler wings don't deserve to be there. It's a german car made by daimler. It is a demonstration of what can be done. They won't make a car that can run circles around the SLR for less and brand it a chrysler. It's to raise some press. Chrysler division loses money like crazy, they won't do anything too risky in terms of money. Anyhow, who buys these kind of cars.

FE06, heh heh.

Uh, okay Thunf, I guess not. Wink wink.

What you mean Fox is that the Chrysler wings don't belong there. The Chrysler badge deserves to be anywhere it places itself if the vehicle contains a decent amount of Chrysler input.

That would be a Mercedes for all intents and purposes, in which case, the wings don't belong their. The 300C on the other hand, is something that never would have come about from the mind of a Mercedes engineer alone. So this deserves the Chrysler badge.

Just the mention of the 300C is embarassing though - I'm such a procrastinator. :-?

the look and character of the 300C is 100% chrysler. you think anyone at MB in stuttgart would even imagine using an engine like the hemi, surely not. Nothing about ME412 is chrysler. It's a mercedes. 300C is a chrysler. On the topic of misbadged cars, having sat in a bentley GT and driven a phateon, the bentley GT is a phaeton coupe.

Uh, actually, according a recent article in The Economist, VW has financial issues of their own. Fiat is so severely messed up that VW won't touch them, they couldn't afford flopping that investment. VW would have ferraris sharing platforms, engine, and window switches with lamborghinis, audis, and dare i say in VW branded products.

The third variant of the Touareg/Cayanne family, the Ferrari 460 Alpa

........yet. How many cars has VW put on the murcielago's platform, worse yet, how many have they proposed to. If they bought ferrari, they'd do the same part sharing. Hell, the bentley continental GT is a phaeton coupe.

Back to the koenigsegg....here you can see how credible the company is :

On paper, this engine delivers 655 horsepower at a high 6800rpm and it redlines at a mighty 7500rpm. The peak torque of 553 lbft arrives at 5000rpm. So, it should have the best combination of power and torque on the market. Unfortunately, that is only on paper. In reality, the high-boost 4.7 V8, with its unusually high specific power, lacks torque at low to medium rev to fight against its rivals. Its torque curve is more like an old-fashion turbocharged engine’s than a supercharged engine’s, putting emphasis on the top end of its spectrum. At 3000rpm, only half the maximum torque is available. In contrast, Mercedes SLR’s supercharged V8 emits its peak 575 lbft at that rev. No wonder Autocar magazine criticized it lack flexibility. It found the CC8S took a laughable 10.2 seconds to accelerate from 50-70mph at top gear while Pagani Zonda C12S needed only 4.4 sec.

However, peaky power delivery is not all the problem. Autocar also suspected the engine is not as powerful as claimed. Theoretically, it should match or at least come close to McLaren F1 in acceleration, but the data recorded said otherwise: 0-60mph took 4.4 sec, 0-100mph in 8.4 sec, 0-150mph in 17.6 sec and 0-200mph in 35.4 sec. For comparison, McLaren did that in 3.2 sec, 6.3 sec, 12.8 sec and 28.0 sec respectively. This miss the mark by a large margin and falls behind other less powerful rivals.

What about top speed? Judging from the time Autocar needed to get to 200mph, it is unquestionable the car can pass the 210mph mark or maybe even 220mph. But so far Koenigsegg has yet to prove its McLaren-beating speed. It claimed once saw 233mph when testing on a wet Nardo track and the car was still accelerating. However, you know, claim is claim. Before CC8S set a record in front of witness, I won’t believe it could topple McLaren F1.

as at http://autozine.kyul.net/html/Koenigsegg.htm#CC8S

The product you can buy now might be faster than that ,but anyway, i doubt it can achieve times claimed on their web.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...