EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

This Just In - 300C SRT-8 ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

It has been announced that an even more potent Hemi model will be added to the 300 line-up, the 300C SRT-8. The Hemi V8 powered 300C has accounted for nearly half of all 300 sales ( originally projected to take only 1/4. ) and has played a crucial part of the 300's success. This has encouraged the swift development of a hot version, as if the 300C was not hot enough. Performance targets for the 300C SRT-8 have been a 0-60 time in the low 5 second range, and a 1/4 mile time in the high 13s'.

Engine ...

For the SRT-8, The Hemi V8 will be bumped to 370 cubic inches ( 6.1 liters ) of displacement, with an increased compression ratio from 10.3:1 to 9:6.1. The result is said to be the highest output ever offered by Chrysler - 380 horsepower, and 420 lb.ft. of torque! Expect the fuel mileage rating to be around 14/19. Can you say gas guzzler?

Ride & Handling ...

The 300C SRT-8 will be tuned to provide outstanding ride and handling over a wide range of driving conditions for all-around high performance. ( I'm hoping this doesn't mean unfocused )

Tuned dampers, modified spring rates, and bushings, along with a larger anti-sway bar, and different suspension knuckles front and rear comprise the sportier setup. The Electronic Stability Program ( ESP ) will be tailored to the new suspension tuning. The car will also sit a 1/2 inch lower, and overall curb weight will increase to 4,160 lbs.

Wheels will be 20" forged aluminum wrapped in Goodyear three-season tires. 245/45/20 front - 255/45/20 rear. Four-season tires will be available. Stopping the 300C SRT-8 will be large Brembo brakes equipped with four-pot calipers.

The exterior will undergo an slight reworking of details, including a subtle rear spoiler said to increase downforce by 39% at speed, without increasing drag. Only two colors available - Bright Silver, and Brilliant Black.

srt805_02.jpg

srt805_03.jpg

srt805_04.jpg

srt805_engine.jpg

• 9 Monate später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Holy Shiite!

Chrysler 300C SRT8 ...

* 425 hp. - 420 lb.ft.

* 0-60 ... 4.7 sec.

* 173 mph.

* $45k

The 300C SRT8 is more impressive than expected. Early reports listed the horsepower from the enlarged Hemi of 6.1 liters at 380. But the official number is 425 hp. What's more, the car has a higher top speed than anything in parent company Mercedes-Benz's AMG lineup which are all limited to 155 mph typically and cost tens of thousands more.

This car has it going on in many ways. Big congrats to Chrysler for pulling this one out of their hat! :) Read the Car&Driver review - http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=9479&page_number=1

i still wouldnt be caught dead in it. land yachts arent my thing. whats the transmission setup?

14mpg.... garbage makes me think that the top speed is the redline of the top gear

For cars with power, top speed is just what you said engine/transmission top out. 14mpg doesn't sound to bad to me, my car "can" do 26mpg but even in 5th i never see it. I sit around 15 to 5 to the gallon. which isn't bad for a V8. Not everybody gets 40mpg, bleh.

For cars with power, top speed is just what you said engine/transmission top out. 14mpg doesn't sound to bad to me, my car "can" do 26mpg but even in 5th i never see it. I sit around 15 to 5 to the gallon. which isn't bad for a V8. Not everybody gets 40mpg, bleh.
most 13 second cars i know get between 25 and 30mpg. :o

yeah now try that on a 1st gen small block. LS1=a plastic motor, and that is a rated mpg what does it do under normal driving?

My buddy has a 69 Camaro he is getting less than 5 miles to the gallon

composites are better than metals in most circumstances. just like aluminum is better than iron.

i have a buddy casting a lot of composite engine parts. its lighter and doesnt heat soak and also is sound deadening.

i would take the ls1, ls2, ls6, and ls7 over any older engine. and a v8 is a v8 get over it. the new ones are better.

technology pwnz the 69 camaro. 5mpg is terrorist funding trash.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

i prefer the hand built ones, like the old 427bbc and the 502. Not saying their is anything wrong with a 427sbc i would put that in a 69 maro, but the earlier ls and lt models I have no appeal for. Gas mileage my %$$.

Besides everyone blames opec, u realize we only get 18% of our gas from them. I dont know my gas just dropped 15cents, i am happy

this is what i go for http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=big+block/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/SIG=132s2s4ca/EXP=1117579033/*-http%3A//www.hitechbulletin.com/2003/misc/photo/SidneyRods/502%20BIG%20BLOCK.JPG

not this

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=ls2+engine/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=1263b2jej/EXP=1117579168/*-http%3A//www.c6registry.com/January04/images/LS2.jpg

What happened in the 70's was a big surprise. Nobody expected a hurdle like that, but technology took a leap because of it, and now we have engines that are massively powerful, while meeting ever more stringent emissions standards and performing more efficiently than many of the "economy" engines of yore. But as for old vs. new V8's, a traditionally constructed motor has it's place. If maximum endurance is on your mind, you don't want a composite engine.

As far as gas consumption goes, it's all context. Old engines suck gas like there's no tomorrow, but then so does a 2006 Corvette if you compare it to a Toyota Prius. Even today, it seems okay for a vehicle to be a guzzler as long as it's fast or hauls a big load. And on the other end of the spectrum, we have hybrids. Talk about hypocrisy.

About the 300C SRT8 - a land yacht? Come on. If this is a land yacht, then the M5 is one too. It's a certifiable "supersedan". Any 4,200 lb. car that can run 60 in under 5 seconds, hit .89g on the skidpad, break from 70 in 162 ft. over an over with no fade, and tops out at over 170 deserves some respect - especially if it costs under 50k and came from the likes of Chrysler.

The transmission by the way is a 5-speed auto with "manumatic" function. Think of it as a budget E55 with a Detroit twist, because that's exactly what it is.

• 1 Jahr später...

I drove the 300c Srt-8,The Charger Srt-8,The Grand Cherokee Srt-8, and the new Vipers..

They are all great to drive..The Jeep was surprisingly fun so I bought one to drive when the Ferrari is parked..

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...