EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Enzo vs Carrera Gt vs SLR McLaren

8-ball

Empfohlene Beiträge

I know it was in a recent magazine but I thought it would be a good topic. If you asked me I would put my vote on the Carrera Gt, It's just better in almost any way. Oh, and don't interpert the price.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Ferrari Enzo

enzo32.jpgenzo5.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

slrmclaren2.jpgslrmclaren4.jpg

Porsche Carrera GT

carrera9.jpgcarrera34.jpg

The Enzo has the most beautiful interior, the SLR is a gr8 car but not compared to these and the Carrera GT is the most beautiful between the 3.

Essentially on alot of tests the GT is the fastest that i've seen of the 3.

I'd most likely choose the Carrera GT becuz of it's beautiful interior, gorgeous styling and fast as all hell.

EDIT: No damn clue y i put the Veyron in there instead of the SLR.

• 1 Monat später...

The SLR never really was the performance car that people had hoped it would be. It is a great GT, but not so much an at the limits thing. It could be driven every day, but would you. The Enzo is a racecar, brakes that break ribs, all about track performance, and to me the GT is the balanced performer of the group, the best on the road performance and the most all around impressive car to me.

I totally agree. THe SLR is definately the most well-rounded one of the bunch, and it has the stamp of Mclaren's meticulous engineering, with the comfortable, meticulous userfiendlyness and styling of a merc.

what i was getting at was that the SLR was the most refined and controlled, the most practical and usable. I think for being a well rounded supercar, the Carrera GT is hard to beat, but the SLR is more than just its numbers because really, it is a supercar that can be driven daily without issue. Sorta like the Robb Report said, you can do with it everything you could do with an SL all week and everything you could do with a ferrari all weekend.

• 4 Monate später...

Actually...

Though it's the most beautiful car I've EVER SEEN close up, the SLR doesn't handle comfortably enough to do the "everyday" driving stuff, and it doesn't respond like a Ferrari. The Carrera GT is the dream car.

The Carrera GT, I think is the best. It has one of the best quarter mile times, also one of the the best 0-60 times, it has great handling, and is great looking. The Enzo has one of the best 0-60 and 1/4 mile time too, but isn't as good performance wise as the GT, except it is .2 seconds quicker in the 1/4. The SLR, was meant to be both style and performance, they could of done a lot better. They pretty much slapped the F1 in the face.

SLR was certainly not meant to be competing with Enzo or Carrera GT. I doubt McLaren and Mercedes even tought about it. Over 1600 kg car with a front engine, even if nicely placed behind the axles, cannot compete with a midengine superlight car with no compromise. If McLaren placed an SMG in it, and removed all luxury equipment they wouldn't still be fast enough.

Mercedes and McLaren should make something in the direction like the CLK-GTR, wihtout any compromises! With SLR the knew they didn't get anywhere in performance (FR-car), so I guess it was no use to try harder...?

Does anyone know if there really is any difference in braking with the airbraker on and off....?!! I mean the car is heavy, it can't do much work on that car... on lighter cars it might help.

Just for the record, the SMG is a BMW system ( standing for Sequential M Gearbox ) not a Mercedes or McLaren component. But what you mean is a hydraulically operated manual.

About the air-brake on the SLR, I'm thinking it's just a trick feature. It has some effect simply because it disturbs smooth air flow over the body of the car, but the SLR would have to be an aircraft for it to have a great effect on forward momentum. A small wing is not going to noticably slow the car from barreling down the road, but the break discs would do that.

Just for the record, the SMG is a BMW system ( standing for Sequential M Gearbox ) not a Mercedes or McLaren component. But what you mean is a hydraulically operated manual.

About the air-brake on the SLR, I'm thinking it's just a trick feature. It has some effect simply because it disturbs smooth air flow over the body of the car, but the SLR would have to be an aircraft for it to have a great effect on forward momentum. A small wing is not going to noticably slow the car from barreling down the road, but the break discs would do that.

Ah, that is correct! Yes a tiny effect is what I could expect. Wings of aircrafts have very large frontal area when braking, there it works. What kind of brakes does the Enzo have? Was it some sort of carbon-metal mixture?

The pop-up spoiler tupe thing on the SLR is to create downforce on the rear end. Because it is front drive, it doesn't have the benefit of engine weight over the rear axle to hold it down under breaking, so during high speed breaking, the downforce from the fly-up wing just helps hold the back end down.

Having never driven an SLR myself, I'll just have to believe the Robb Report when they say the SLR is the only supercar they could comfortably drive every day. The GT isn't unbearable, but definately much more stiff. SMG is a trademark of BMW, the electro-hydraulically shifted transmission has been around F1 for a while before they got to it, and ZF - their transmission maker makes the SMG tranny. BMW calibrates the electronics, but SMG is not the BMW monopoly you make it sound to be. For sequential transmissions, I almost wonder if having a clutch might not be a good idea. I'd almost think that a high stall torque convertor that only unlocks for shifting connected to a electro hydraulically shifted manual transmission would go faster, but I can't say for sure.

I didn't suggest BMW had a monopoly with the SMG, of course not. "F1 style" transmissions are a plenty. Ferrari has their's, Porsche has the Tiptronic, Alfa has their Selespeed, Lambo and E-Gear, the list goes on. But the point being is that SMG is a BMW thing.

The SLR has pretty balanced weight distribution, so a softish suspension would be why the rear needs help staying down. And the SLR is not front drive, but front-mid engined and rear drive. The air-brake is trick.

the thing is that they are all great if i had my choice out of the 3 i would go for the carrera GT its a convertible and is a great looker as well its more eye-catching i think than the merc and enzo plus it doesnt have that pound shop interior that the merc has i mean plastic on a £350,000 car i mean that's a sin :???:

And the SLR is not front drive, but front-mid engined and rear drive. The air-brake is trick.

ok, but what I meant with FR car was not frontwheeldrive but Front engine Rearwheel drive, FF cars are frontwheeldriven and MR are Midengine Rearwheel drive.

so during high speed breaking, the downforce from the fly-up wing just helps hold the back end down

That might very well be, but it looks like it's going way to much straight upwards instead of acting like a spoiler... it only looks like a flat plate. however it's just a show.

I'm not that into 'real' automatic transmissions, but isn't new automatics like 7G always mechanically locked but not when it shifts gears..? But I can't comment 'the high stall torque converter', don't find in dictionary!

Sorry Thunf, I was actually refering to Fox's quote that the SLR was front frive. The quote about the wing holding the back down was his by the way.

I'm not sure what you mean by locked, but about the 7G-Tronic specifically, this transmission employs a torque converter lock up clutch. ( the old gearbox did as well ) This eliminates slippage for the most part creating a sold connection between the crank and shaft.

• 2 Wochen später...

it's a front motor, which is what i think we were all talking about.

as for the spoiler, it's active aerodynamics - which is something mclaren is into. the high stall torque convertor is good for performance. It lets the engine get further ahead of the transmission. Because there is a greater difference between the engine and transmission side, which lets the engine make more power, sooner. The lockup only takes effect in higher gears, as there is no real point in locking in first or second. The downside to high stall torque convertors is that they are less efficient. They let the engine make more power, so overall, they improve performance. That is where the lockup comes in. Mercedes is one of the two best manufacturers of autos, and my guess is that if they do it, it's done right. Their autos come as close to feeling right in sports cars as can be expected.

• 9 Monate später...

No argueing the Merc Auto's are the best Auto's around. The CLK DTM is proof of that.

But was this the car to put an auto transmission in? Really?.

Oh well, I'd take the CGT out of the lot.

The Enzo is without a doubt the fastest of the group, and the SLR is nothing but a GT, and if I had a choice it would always be a supercar not a superGT so that eliminates it right off the bat. CGT based on the form/function ratio of the car as compared to the enzo ...."Modern art" looks and amazing function

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...