EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

EU moving to regulate SUV's

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Somehow the SUV rage has flung over to the EU. Most of the sUV owners are idiots anywayz quoting one owner: "I don't care if it kills somebody else as long as I'm safe".

Studies have shown that in accidents involving SUV's the chances of hurting or killing somebody is 3 times higher then normal vehicles. Also, like everybody knows, SUV's guzzle up huge amounts of fuel which could've been used for a greater good.

Hence the EU will be moving towards regulating SUV's and maybe even banning them from personal use.

All I have to say is YAAAAAAAY!

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I don't know about straight banning, sounds un-constitutional ( although we're talking Europe so who cares? ) But I definitely agree that they should be regulated. The great majority of people have no legitimate use for a utility vehicle, nothing that they couldn't easily use a station wagon for. The manufacture of them should be regulated for sure.

There is too much traffic anyway without having those SUVs'. Even I don't want to drive all the time. Just today, I saw a little scooter on the sidewalk as I was locking up my Trek, and I thought " wouldn't it be nice if more people did this? " The day would be a lot less hectic, I'll tell you that.

Uuum I don't get the "un-constitutional" part. Nothing in the EU or US constitution sais that you have the right to drive a big, fuel burping, space slurping, people killing piece of metal just to compensate for the size of your gender.

The manufacturer regulations are almost 100% certain and seeing as many of the SUV buyers in the US buy a german SUV, these regulations will also affect the US. The regulations will be in the form of fuel consumption restrictions and impact protection for other people.

The usage part isn't certain yet. It's going to be something between increased taxes or completely banning them from use on public roads without a good reason.

I'm all for banning them from the public roads, I would like to hear just one good reason for owning such a vehicle. Unless you're a farmer or plan on doing some cross-country (96% of the roads in western europe are afphalt) you shouldn't own such a vehicle.

No, there is nothing in the constitution about this, but " constitutional " is more of an ideal anyway. As in the right to bear arms and that kind of crap. Americans demand the freedom to own what they want to own. But as in the case of SUVs' they should at least be regulated.

I'm all for banning them from the public roads, I would like to hear just one good reason for owning such a vehicle. Unless you're a farmer or plan on doing some cross-country (96% of the roads in western europe are afphalt) you shouldn't own such a vehicle.

Only thing i see them havin a reason 4 bein on public roads is IF u have a HUGE family. Only reason.

No, there is nothing in the constitution about this, but " constitutional " is more of an ideal anyway. As in the right to bear arms and that kind of crap. Americans demand the freedom to own what they want to own. But as in the case of SUVs' they should at least be regulated.

Americans got the right to own lots of guns. That's the difference, also you have the right to own a video console and meybe some other electronical equipment but you have no freedom to modify your own property! Also you got Microsoft monopoly over there with lot's of patents, making it virtually impossible to choose another compatible OS if you want a change, that's what some call 'freedom'!

But this suv thing is one of the baddest things I've heard of in europe.

Lets not turn this into a political debate shall we?

The reason I'm all for regulating SUV's is because SUV's weren't ment to be driven on public roads in the first place. They're not designed for it and they pose a great risk for other road users. Usualy when 2 cars collide, the impact point is somewhere around the waist or torso. An SUV is much higher and thus the impact point is around the shoulders, neck or head the 3 most vulnerable places of a human body. The added weight of an SUV doesn't do much for the impact forces aswell.

If people are going to use SUV's on public roads, SUV's should atleast adhear to safety rules so they're not so dangerous to other road users.

FYI: Europeans have the right to own weapons aswell. I know because I own a Desert Eagle Mark XIX 6-Inch Barrel .50AE and a Taurus Raging Bull Long Version (8 3/8 inch Barrel) .44 Magnum.

Hopefully I'll get my class 4 licence next year and I'll be qulified to own and operate sniper rifles.

the difference between the EU and US is that in the US you're allowed to kill people legaly and carry loaded weapons in public places (Concealed weapon is the correct term I believe) while in the EU there are strict regulations.

I have to keep my pistol and revolver in a safe and dismanteld at all time. I'm only allowed to put all the pieces together and load it at a gunclub where I'm registered.

Getting a licence isn't that easy aswell. For a simple handgun you have to be registered at a gunclub for atleast 1 year and have to take all kinds of psych tests.

And as my finall comment I would like to say that I think the "right to bear armes" in the US constitution is stupid. As a person who owns several guns I know what the dangers are and I've seen alot of people do stupid things and not only shoot themselves but also harm others. Just giving people the right to own a weapon without proper training is one of the dumbest things you can do because that person will be likely to shoot himself rather then other people.

Yes, the suv is not a good way of travel atleast!

Those cars are strange, it's like there is some unnesessary space between the floor and the underside of those cars! You sit high, not that great groundclearance after all. Look at Volvo CrossCountry and you know what I mean. That car got as much groundclearence but still you sit lower in it.

I would never want a ban of them, but I could cope with it. I would like a better solution, not something like raised taxes, but Gelandewagen is very great to drive offroad with it's 3 differential locks...

I would not want to see suvs more, I would like ordinary cars more and hopefully more and more energyefficient, lightweight, lowdrag, silent, comfortable and sporty cars! Like the, hopfully soon to come, VW 2l gullwing!

Unless you're a farmer or plan on doing some cross-country (96% of the roads in western europe are afphalt) you shouldn't own such a vehicle.

Well believe it or not my parents have a minivan from chrysler and

we've traveled cross country in it 6 times, were planning to buy maybe

a suburban or a honda pilot, to make are ride a little bit more comfortable.

Bottom point is I dont see anything wrong in SUV's. :D:D

They're big, they guzzle gas, they kill etc. I don't have a huge threat against them, only the supersized ones. Like really, who needs a Hummer? No one. The H2 is the worst thing on the road, just go here. Some SUVS I don't mind. Like a Mercedes G-class or something. A mid-size SUV.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

There are some flaws in American " freedoms ". Sometimes they allow people to easily take advantage of others and call it free enterprise. I believe in preserving the freedom, but strengthening regulation. As in making it harder for just any nut to get a firearm, or an operator's license or to do something that could effect other people. Standards are very slack, thats' why most Americans are such clueless drivers. You don't need to know how to drive to get a license here. Add that to the rampant SUV situation, and it spells danger.

There are other vehicles that are'nt SUVs' and carry just as much. Even having a large family is no reason to have a huge, gas-guzzling jacked up vehicle with big tires and off-road ability.

But the human race as a whole have no self regulating ability, none at all. Thats why when gas prices go up, everybody hogs the pumps, which is the opposite of what they should be doing. There is a time and place for everything, so SUVs' should not be banned, but their uses should be strictly limited. Have you ever seen those street signs that read " NO TRUCKS "? SUV's should be included.

But, where would one draw the line, since there are SUV's such as the Range Rover, while heavy, are capable of being perfectly civilized road vehicles?

And European regulations would only effect European made SUV's in the U.S. We all know there are alot of Asian and American ones that need regulating too. *cough*Hummer*cough*

They're big, they guzzle gas, they kill etc. I don't have a huge threat against them, only the supersized ones. Like really, who needs a Hummer? No one. The H2 is the worst thing on the road, just go here. Some SUVS I don't mind. Like a Mercedes G-class or something. A mid-size SUV.

Actually the H2 and H1 are my personal favorite suvs, I dont see anything

wrong with any suvs accept for them P.O.S mercedes.

You're missing the point Wanderer, this isn't about what SUV you hate or love. It's about the regulation of SUVs' in Europe. Hummers' are indeed among the absolute worst vehicles on the road as far as fuel conservation and safety to other road users are concerned. The H1 really has no business being on a public road frankly.

You're missing the point Wanderer, this isn't about what SUV you hate or love. It's about the regulation of SUVs' in Europe. Hummers' are indeed among the absolute worst vehicles on the road as far as fuel conservation and safety to other road users are concerned. The H1 really has no business being on a public road frankly.

I couldn't agree more!

But mid-sized suvs are ok, if you need your boat in the water after the winter a midsize is enough. They are good when going offroad, and that is necessary when hunting and fishing for example. Perhaps limited use of Suvs in cityareas would be a solution!! yeah, I got it!

I could while away the hours

Conferrin' with the flowers

Consultin' with the rain

And my head, I'd be scratchin'

While my thoughts were busy hatchin'

if i only had an suv

if you only had an suv???

no man, thats not how it goes.

• 4 Wochen später...

Thank you Thunf. The Hummer H2 gets gas, umm.... where's my magazine, ahhh.... here it is,10 mpg in the city, 13 on the highway. BAN IT!. Here is a good website about the worst SUV in the world. Now what can this Car and Driver Buyer's guide of 2004 for mini-vans,SUV's and truck do. The Lexus RX330 gets 20,26. Not, bad for that size. Toyota RAV4 24,30; fair. Actually Lexus is coming out with a new hybrid, mid-size SUV that gets like, 47, 52 or something. There we go, stick a hybrid engine in a Escalade. Lower it, give it weight reduction to it's maximum. Now, what's wrong with it. It's big. But it has a minimum of about 30,35 in gas. And that is an absolute minimum. It would probably be like 37, 42. Well, it might still kill a little bit more than the average car but is that enough to ban it. Plus, I've seen some cool things done to Escalades. Like, one guy put a nightvision camera in the front and back, cool, eh. Lol, I'm so Canadian.

uhhhhhhh i dun get the wizard of oz bit but w/e bro :D:D

Yeah the Hummer's hafta be the worst but hell not only in gas mileage but it'd annihilate a Dually inna head on collision.

And that's very bad. :lol:

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...