EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Brand New BMW M2

skyline_r34v

Empfohlene Beiträge

I read in the magazine the other day, that i forgot the name of, and seein the new M2 from BMW.

It's supposedly going to have a 3.0L I-6 with 300hp and the weight around E36 M3's.

Better handling and a 6 Speed Manual transmission comes with it.

Also interior is going to be either slightly less or on par with the M3's.

It's also going to start out around $30,000. :o:o:o:o:o:o

The Subaru WRX Sti's and Evo VIII's have a helluva competition now.

I only remember scarcely of the data of this car from the mag i read.

I'll go back tomorrow 2 Wal-Mart to read up more bout this car and write sum notes down.

Maybe buying this car could be an alternative to the much more expensive M3.

Hey i could actually afford this car. :P :P

This the only pic i can find as of right now. It's a hot lookin lil thing.

attachment.php?s=1e5c69979808f6a32408ceae891f28bd&attachmentid=1908

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

UPDATE

It was Automobile that i memorized sum info bout this car.

Jus got back from Wal-Mart and read the rest and took sum notes down.

The 2-series is taking place of the new 1-series that WILL NOT be sold in America.

The all new M2 will be out in the Spring of 2005 and start out in the low $30,000's.

It will have a 3.0L I-6 pushing 300hp.

It will have Dynamic Drive Control, Electronic Damper Control, Dynamic Stability Control,

Active Front Steering and X-Drive.

The transmission choices r basically the same a conventional 6-speed, 5-speed Auto and a 6-speed Sequential Paddle-Shift actuator.

The interior will sport all around leather, DVD/pop-up Navigational Monitor, concealed radio/multi-CD player, Electronic Climate Control and it will NOT have i-Drive.

It will also have a push button engine start-up jus like on the S2000 and Z8.

Any thoughts from anyone as to whether or not this upcoming M2 with 300 horsepower will be faster and better handling than the current M3?

It will probably be quite a bit lighter, right? And only 33 less horsepower ...... seems pretty fast .... 8)

I'll go back to Wal-Mart tomorrow and read up on it. LOL!

Well, I wouldn't doubt that the M2 would be even better handling than the current M3 if it is smaller and lighter, probably more of an " M3 " than the current car. But who knows about the 3.0 liter six with 300 hp. Is that verified?

No it's not verified but they said that's the most logical choice of wat it's going 2 be.

New V-10 M5 500hp, New V-8 M3 400hp and New I-6 M2 300hp.

They r jus going down in order but they said they're pretty confident that's the choice.

Being lighter and smaller with a wide stance and basically same suspension, i don't see how it couldn't easily handle better than the M3.

It basically has all the electronics of the M3 and smaller and lighter no reason it shouldn't.

• 5 Monate später...

The M2 being aimed at the 350Z and Audi TT would be extreme over-kill. That's like comparing a Z28 Camaro to a Eclipse GT. :lol:

M2 would probably be marketed towards the C6 Corvette. But that's still a far cry.

I don't know if you live in America or not but M1 will not be sold here.

The M2 would kind of be in a class by itself, at least as far as anything available in America. Kind of like the bread wagon M Coupe, though that car was put up against the likes of the Boxster and SLK.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo skyline_r34v,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...