EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Cool Video Clip

PersianJ

Empfohlene Beiträge

http://www.treynor.com/S600-ridealong.wmv

The link above should take you to see this man's S 600 4-Door automatic luxury sedan go Zero to 60 in 3.3 seconds, Zero to 100 in 8.5, and did the 1/4 mile in 11.59 @ 120 :o:o:o:o

It almost makes that stock SL 600's time of 3.6 to 60 MPH seem slow :-) LOLOLOL ....

Damn these V-12's are unbelievably fast ....

This guys S600 has been in the Oct. '03 edition of Car & Driver magazine .... he has 650 horsepower .... so obviously been ECU reprogrammed, and he has the Renntech brakes and wheels ....

and his factory warranty has not been affected .... quite nice indeed.

If his car is doing this I wonder what the next-generation AMG-spec twin-turbo big-bore V-12's with a wide & sticky set of tires will do? :wink:

and here's the link to his website:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/378297

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I was just reading some more info on the Renntech ECU upgrade for the 600 model Benz's.

According to a detailed calculation (I think posted up by Mr. Brady from Renntech? I don't know for sure though :-? ), when you calculate for drivetrain losses or whatever, the actual horsepower and torque of a stock 600 V-12 with the ECU 3 upgrade is phenomenal !!! It calculates to 665 Horsepower and 848 torque :o:D:P , and you still get to keep the warranty. Pretty sweet. :wink:

What a phenomenal value at like maybe $2,900 for the ECU upgrade? and another couple grand for the 65 trans software added? Great value for money .... 8)

here's the quote from the post:

"Guys... this car is making 525rwhp AND 670rwtq

The way to calculate flywheel horsepower/torque from rear wheel number is to first determine an accurate drivetrain loss. Depending on design drivetrain loss can be below 10% for motorcycles and over 25% for some cars. In the case of the S600 it is VERY reasonable to use 21%. Loss increases with many things including the weight of the driven components and the degree of refinement for smooth performance (both of which are on the high side with this car).

Take you loss, in this case 21%, subtract from 100% and you have 79%. This is what reaches the ground. Take your rear wheel numbers and divide by 79 and to correct for flywheel multiply by 100.

525 / 79 X 100 = 665hp :o:o

670 / 79 X 100 = 848tq" :o:o:o

those whores over at mercedes are jus plain crazy, now see all they have to do is put one of their 600 engines (slightly unrestrict one) into their supercar the SLR, instead of wasting incredible engines on their sedans, really tho who goes to a drag strip in his 130 G benz jus to show that he is capable of 11 sec times, its jus plain silly

Good point V-12: I and many others have probably wondered what would happen if Benz took out that s/c V-8 in the SLR, and drop in a fully unrestricted AMG 65 twin-turbo V-12...... 8) :D:P

And since they're asking, what, $450,000? for the SLR, then they might as well give the customers what they deserve and make the V-12 even lighter weight by using some very exotic alloys ... :wink:

Let's just say they could get it to up over 700 somewhere thereabouts on the horsepower part, and the torque would be somewhere in the 800's ...... now that would take one seriously strong transmission to handle it ... but if they could ... the car should be much much faster than the current SLR (The SL 65 will probably be faster in a straight line than the V-8 SLR also) ..... :wink::D

For that matter, it would be interesting also to see Pagani drop in an unrestricted 65 engine into his Zonda .... :o:D

It's just like MB to take the easy way out and jump up a full liter of displacment. Their priorities are pretty out of whack. They can enlarge the engines and dial in more boost until they are blue in the face, but until they work on some other things - like weight issues and dynamic balance - then they will continue to be the masters of nicely built runaway trains.

Honestly, these cars are beginning to have way too much power for they're own good. Not too enviable :roll: .

You make a great point LateNight .... Benz should indeed try harder to lighten their cars and improve their dynamic handling ...

but the next McLaren/Benz hybrid models that we'll see during the next few years should probably handle these issues soundly.

I guess McLaren will manage the weight & handling & dynamic feel departments. Hopefully .... :roll: :)

• 1 Monat später...

PersianJ, you talk about drivetrain loss and so. But I don't understand your calculations: If the engine looses power at in the drivetrain how can 525 hp turn in to 665 on the ground?

Shouldn't it be 525 / 100 X 79 = 415 hp, when 21% is lost in the drivetrain?

By the way, have any of you seen the Top gear Stig test of the SLR? It laps their circuit in 1:20:9 which is three seconds faster than the Egg and the Zonda... That doesn't make any sense...

The test track in Top Gear must have been changed or something. The SLR weights much more than the others and isn't as focused (i've heard...)

If you watch the video you'll see that Stig doesn't just lift in the Follow-through, he actually brakes! And there's no chance the SLR could go fast enough to have spare time to brake there. In the video when you see the Power Lap Times board in the end, it also shows that a Murcielago posted a time of 1:23:7 which also is faster than the Zonda and the Koenigsegg, even though when they tested the Zonda vs. Murcielago, the Lambo did it in something like 1:28... Something funny is going on...

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo PersianJ,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Mercedes (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Have you seen how the engine is placed in the SLR? The engine is set way back, which is good, but there are gobs of space between it and the front of the car, just lots of wasted space. Thats' why the nose is so long.

In the Top Gear video, it looked borderline out of control, it was very fast because thats a fast track. The SLR would never hold it's composure on a tight course, never.

The Stig is always hilarious with his incesent radio playing. :wink:

I know one show he's listenin 2 techno, another he was listenin 2 hip hop, other times he's listenin 2 country music str8 from Dollywood and others listenin 2 classical and opera. :lol: he's 2ff

In a new Top Gear video, they finally tested the Carrera GT, and of course the Stig went for a ride in it.

As I said, the SLR lapped the testtrack in 1:20:9, but the Carrera GT made it in 1:19:8.

They must have gotten a new Stig or something...

Does anybody know what the real explanation is?

like i said before aint no way in hell the SLR is lapping any supercarfaster around any track, cuz them punks over at MB aint magicians, so i can say with confidence that the SLR isnt gonna bend the laws of physics given its weight, and not so great suspension (compared to the others). i was really disappointed when Gordan Murray jointly worked on this car and its such a disgrace to his name and work. seriously i don't understand why MB makes u pay over 400 G's for a car thas less powerful than their 600 models? and wat about the 65's to come, i'm not gonna pay 250 G's over a 600 model for a car thats less powerful and jus cuz its got a lot of carbonfibre. motor trend even got an SL600 to hit 60 in 3.6 while every test of the SLR only gets there in 3.7-3.8. c'mon really i can't believe gordon murray actually had part in this car, there goes his legend.

the SLR lapped the test track in 1:20:9, but the Carrera GT made it in 1:19:8. Does anybody know what the real explanation is?

When times are that close, it's really the human element that affects the outcome.

Gordon Murray is pimping himself to unworthy projects. Compared to the McLaren F1, the SLR is an unfocused, brute force pile of bricks. No doubt.

When times are that close, it's really the human element that affects the outcome.

Gordon Murray is pimping himself to unworthy projects. Compared to the McLaren F1, the SLR is an unfocused, brute force pile of bricks. No doubt.

Yes, and the sound of it is also negative. Everything is just bad whatever Mercedes do! They can't be good, it's just that simple!

Everything is just bad whatever Mercedes do! They can't be good, it's just that simple!

Thunf, didn't you imply in another thread that I criticise everything Mercedes does?

he cuda died a legend, there goes all hope of that, if i was gordon murray i'd never put my name on crap no matter how much i'm being paid, why wud u even partner with another company when u made one helluva car all by u'rself (almost) ,money only lasts this lifetime, but he cuda always been remembered as the man who conceived the greatest car ever jus because it was at least 15 years ahead of its time, the glory of that wud have last forever. he better redeem himself with these "supposed", "rumoured" supercars from Mclaren in the upcoming decade.

Well, perhaps if it's a McLaren project, then he's okay with it. And the man has to make a living I imagine.

A person may live their life doing " average " things, but if you are known for only a single thing of greatness, that never goes away.

Just look at the crap that someone like Carrol Shelby has been apart of through the years, the man has clearly sold out and lost his marbles. But the Cobra mistique surrounding him has never gone.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...