EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Saturn VUE Red Line - Ready for Take-Off ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

Saturn VUE Red Line

* Some of you may be saying " so what? ", but please, give props where props are due peoples. The new Saturn VUE Red Line is the newest addition to the " Red Line " family of enthusiest oriented Saturn vehicles.

All top of the line VUE models are improved this year with the addition of a new 3.5 liter Honda V6 which is also used in the Honda Pilot SUV and Odyssey van. This engine replaces the 3.0 liter unit of before, and bumps power considerably. 250 hp. @ 5,800 and 242 lb.ft. @ 4,500. Factory 0-60 is 7.0 seconds, so expect the high 6s'.

All V6 models retain a 5-speed automatic, with no manual available. But this is now a Honda unit too. The V6 VUE gains 1,000 lbs. of towing capacity, for a total of 3,500 lbs. which I think is pretty respectable for such a little thing.

redline5.jpg

VUE Red Line comes equipped with better steering, providing more on center feel, stiffer springs and shocks, to sit 26mm lower than usual, and rides on 18" alloy wheels shod with 245/50 R18 Bridgstone Turanza tires. To complete the effect, it also comes with a " tuner " style body package and chrome exhaust tip. The Red Line package costs about $2,000.

redline2.jpg

Just thought I would mention this, since a new American performance model is always worth a mention - even if it's half Japanese. :wink:

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • 1 Monat später...

The hideousness just turns u away though.

Looks like sum kinda robot that got smashed in the face in the front.

Back doesn't look half bad but still real ugly.

Saturn needs to wry bout makin better performance, better handling, better quality and better LOOKING cars!!!

They can still mass produce their *crap* cheap and have more appeal.

The design is just a phase they are going through. It's supposed to be an evolution of the " Saturn look " particularly the headlights. Overall, it could be better.

They seem to be addressing the performance and handling with the Red Line models. But the Red Lines are straying away from the cheap and economical purpose of Saturn, and with a Honda engine, the All-American vibe as well. The trick is to make the base models desirable.

I think saturn should better their looks and make better cars.

You could say that about a lot of things. There are many things to consider when setting out ot make something " better ", especially cars. If there weren't, then everything would be perfect.

Explain Wanderer how you would go about making Saturns better, as in more fun to drive, but still economical and family friendly. You see how many things there are to think about? Don't think the engineers aren't trying.

I think the appearance of the VUE Red Line could be helped just by lowering it a bit, it's pretty high. Plus, a few coats of gloss black paint never hurt anyone. :wink::)

More power, more reliable engines and all the major stuff,

like I said in my post saturn sux my mechanic friend is a expert

proffesional, let me tell you why.

There was a test and fifty car experts were participating, two of the fifty people passed and he was one of them, that just shows how much he knows

about cars and he said saturn is the worst car ever made.

No matter how much of an expert your friend is, Saturn is not the worst car or cars ever made, I can assure you. They're not even bad. Even " experts " can be biased.

You might be surprised at some of the crazy junk that has been passed off as a car.

• 1 Monat später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Educated because I have been unfortunate enough to own a Vue the last two years. Some of the positives of my Saturn experience:

*balloons and a song when I picked it up;

* free car wash every 6 weeks thanks to all the time it is in for servicing;

* ample leg room.

The negatives:

* new transmission at 10,000 km (it still skips a bit at 70km)

* new water pump

* new timing chain

* windshield wiper squirter broken twice

* floor vent broke

* needed an alignment when I picked it up

* rotors not machined properly after 20k servicing, shook like the space shuttle re-entering the atmosphere when driving at speeds of 120km/h plus.

* Steering column sounded like a cow mooing on cold days, needed a collar or something replaced.

* And finally, was towed away thanks to GM Roadside on Saturday because it was completely dead in my driveway. This after all the dashboard lights (oil, service, ABS, Security, etc.) came on when I was driving the previous day, the power steering failed and the gauges all cut out. Apparently it could be a computer problem.

For now, I am relying on old faithful: my 93 Camry.

Well, for what it's worth, the rotors not being in order right after it was serviced can only by the dealer's fault. I would hardly say that all the problems you've experienced with your VUE are common. A lemon is capable of being produced by just about every manufacturer. You've probably heard stories of a nightmare Mercedes, or a flawed Bimmer. Certainly not common, but it happens, thats' the nature of mass production for you.

Japanese cars though are inherently trouble free, as trouble free as a car can get. Thats' one reason why the 80's Honda Preludes are among my favorite cars.

Well, for what it's worth, the rotors not being in order right after it was serviced can only by the dealer's fault. I would hardly say that all the problems you've experienced with your VUE are common. A lemon is capable of being produced by just about every manufacturer. You've probably heard stories of a nightmare Mercedes, or a flawed Bimmer. Certainly not common, but it happens, thats' the nature of mass production for you.

Japanese cars though are inherently trouble free, as trouble free as a car can get. Thats' one reason why the 80's Honda Preludes are among my favorite cars.

I must ask, what did Mercedes do to you?! :lol::lol::lol:

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...