EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Brits vs Its

8-ball

Empfohlene Beiträge

This a thread about what you think. Who do you think makes the best supercars. The British or the Italians. Now you must be thinking this is another shitty thread by 8-ball, but think about it. The Italians have the Lambos and Ferraris; but the British have the McLaren and the TVR Speed 12, not to mention the Lotus'. So, the McLaren, TVRs, and Lotus. Or the Lambos and Ferraris. I personnally think performance wise and luxury wise, the Brits win. I don't know what you think though.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

luxury the brits win, but i dont buy a race car to be pampered. i give it to the italians( obviously) because their cars dominate. their engines are amazing, and the styling is superb. not to mention that you will wail on the competition. also you forgot to mention Maseratti, and Pagani.

viva l'italia. 8)

Well lets' see, first off let's think about what makes a car a " supercar ". Ultra high performance capabilities are the main trait that I think of, and Italy obviously builds the lion's share of cars that fall into this catagory, in shear volume, and in spirit. Since Italy is the home of at least a few marques who's only business is building such cars in relatively large numbers - ones' that have always been considered the cream of the crop.

Now, when thinking supercars, Britain is not always the first thing one may think of, but the Brits nonetheless have a very strong sports heritage. The Jaguar XJ220 and McLaren F1 are among of the fastest cars of modern times. And many cars that might qualify as super simply for their scarcity, very unique charictor and their level of performance as well are British. Such as TVR, and Lotus.

In exchange for market share, Italy gives up a bit of " speciality ". I would say that Britain, builds the rarest cars overall, because of their smaller market, which are also the most unique in charictor, because the British are well, British. You are far less likely to spot a TVR or a McLaren on the street than any given regular production Ferrari or Lamborghini. The same probably applies to a Lister in relation to a Pagani.

So, Italy has the greatest volume, and most consistancy building high performance, or exotic cars, but I think Britain builds the most special and unique ones.

• 3 Wochen später...

I agree that Italian marques have the most heritage of anybody, but I think that the British marques are like hidden gems. Where I live, Ferraris and Lambos are not that unusual, although BMW and Mercedes are most prevalent. However, there are few Aston Martins, and few Lotus'. I can't remember seeing a TVR around here, or Mclaren or and XJ220 (mainly b/c I think 6 made it to the states).

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...