EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

SC for E46 M3 from RMS!!!!

g-unit marko

Empfohlene Beiträge

there is a supercharger out there for the e46 m3 with the s54 engine which has stage I and stage II that can get the flywheel hp at over 550hp.

What do you guys think about it ... I know the m3 has high compression engine but with low compression pistons they say that wit hthe SC the compression ratio is 11:5:1 which is basically the same as a stock M3 engine... If this is not bull this system is awsome.... Have any of you heard about it know someone with experience with RMS

http://www.racemarque.com/rms_bmw/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=59

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Ok the E46 engine's compression ratio is already 11.5:1.

I can't understand ur compression ratio when u say low compression pistons with the SDS makes it go down to 11:5:1??? Wats that?

Newayz, i wouldn't feel very comfortable at all unless it was around 10:1 -10.5:1.

I love SDS's hella better than i do turbo's mainly becuz most of them r safer on ur car in the long run than turbo's r.

Plus there's hardly ever ne lag in SDS's and it doesn't put a huge strain on ur engine.

I have the RippModds SDS on my '03 eclipse and its awesome as hell.

I'm still deciding on getting either the E36 or E46 M3.

Right now i'm leaning towards E36 cuz u can get the Stage III while havin 8 more hp and more torque.

I love the looks of the E46 and there is a E46 body kit that u can install on E36's to look like E46's.

As of right now that's prolly wat i'm going to do.

Also, still deciding if i should sell the GTO and R34 for the Novitec 360 Modena SuperSport. :P:P

umm yeah. i dont know if you got the memo so im gonna go ahead and make sure you get it.

supercharges cause more strain on the engine because they are running full boost, all the time. turbos only run full boost under WOT. superchargers cause a 20% parasitic drag on average, turbos do not. turbos are the only way to go, superchargers.... well... i dont like them.

I'm sry and beg to differ DJ u got them a lil "ass-backwards."

I'm not trying to be an asshole or nething.

The SDS in my car is only full boost when its WOT but normal power is used when reg. driving.

I know for a fact turbo's r worse off for ur engine than most SDS's are.

There's no parasidic drag watsoever in my SDS much less most of them that i know bout.

Turbo's are the one's with lag and parasidic drag.

Most r always using the full power even when daily driving and not jus WOT.

That's y SDS's have advantages over the turbo's.

Granted sum SDS's don't make power gains newhere near turbo's on sum apps. but r better off for the car.

Turbo's r the only way to go when u have a car that doesn't get to have SDS's that can support high HP figures.

Turbo's r good ideas if u have them installed, clipped, tuned etc. etc. right.

I'm jus not to fond of them and would rather have a SDS that'll be safer for the engine than a huge turbo that puts strain on an engine and lags so bad.

wow... interesting. thatsh the first time i have ever heard someone say turbos had drag, and supers didnt.. ok well here the basic breakdown. turbos are run off of exhaust gases, which spin the impeller, which on the same token spins the intake impeller. by doing this it starts sucking in massive amounts of air, and crapping out a lot of exhaust. it isnt run off of anything exect exaust... soit causes no parasitic drag WHATSOEVER.

superchargers are belt driven. just like an AC compressor, or power steering pulley, they CAUSE DRAG all the time. whenever its on.. its causeing drag. you are right in now most SCs are only full boost under WOT, that is true. however power is limited to the size of a pulley in a SC, turbos are limited to the potential of the turbo. example. your pulley can only be so big (18 psi ?) whereas my turbos can poop out 20psi each ( and mine arent the best, my hks twins will be able to push 35psi each.) my manifold can only hold 28psi total as of right now, but you get my point.

superchargers are good if you need the power right away, but turbos produce more power in the long run.

also with superchargers there are two styles. centrifical, and roots style ( roots sits on top, centrifical is more like a belt driven turbo)

centrifical is much better if you have a high revving car, roots is more for muscle cars. if you havent noticed a lot of F bodies have twin turbo kits available for them now. this is because they have big engines that can spool big turbos even better than my car, or a supra.. etc. they have less lag, and NO DRAG from a supercharger. they get all gains.

Their website mentions 503 hp. for the E46 M3, but not 550. Basically the engine would be running stock compression of 11.5:1, while being force fed 11.5 psi? It's just not natural, I would be very wary of that.

I would not want to dump $17,500 on a setup like that. If there were a chance in hell that it worked, don't expect the engine to have any longevity. Nail it and Kablooey!!

skyline buddy i was saying that wit the SC on the car the cars compression is still 11:5:1 which is the same as it is when its stock but now it has over 500hp and not 333hp.... Turbo are the best and the SC cant compare to turbo because the turbo in my opinion is much more powerful and puts out a tone more power when you are in the high rpms but there are no turbos that are available that i know of for the E46 M3.. the SC is expensive and it is so because they have no competition with other companies YET...

You guys obviously don't watch drag racing because theres no way s/c are inferior to turbos. Turbos are only good if theres two of them or you racing around a track at 5000+rpm the whole time. S/c are far better for general driving and for instant response off the line. But best of all NA has best of both worlds, well sort of anyway.

You guys obviously don't watch drag racing because theres no way s/c are inferior to turbos. Turbos are only good if theres two of them or you racing around a track at 5000+rpm the whole time. S/c are far better for general driving and for instant response off the line. But best of all NA has best of both worlds, well sort of anyway.

i dont understand how people can insist on e being wrong... oh well.

superchargers arent superior to turbos. the reason turbgos arent used in top fuel is because they are outlawed. turbos would produce too much power. they actually have a TT car in the class that you can do anything. it is a 3 litre TT 4 cylinder, and it makes something like +1000hp. just think if they would TT a 500 cubic inch motor. all those 6 and 7 second cars you see , what do they have? 90 % have TT or a single big T because its so much easier to get power out of them. a lot fo them run a 2 step also so no lag.

i will find out exact stats of that 4 cylinder later, i cant look now.

EDIT: stats on the 4 cylinder are 4.3 litre 4 cylinder twin turbo charged with nitrous. 4000hp

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo g-unit marko,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

i never said that s/c were superior! I sais that they were not inferior , there is difference. I also said in a round about sort of way that each have their own advantages. Peak power is not always the be all and end all its usable power. The 4.3L T with nitrous is not even 1000hp per litre. I've seen non nitrous turbos with higher specific outputs and that was 20 years ago. There is no doubt that turbos have good potential its just that you can't write S/C off completely especially for the road as most people require tractability and instant response rather than excessive power peaks.

There is no doubt that turbos have good potential its just that you can't write S/C off completely especially for the road as most people require tractability and instant response rather than excessive power peaks.

i agree completly. each is better for certain things. what i was saying was a response to skyline saying that superchargers were inferior. supercharger for low end power, turbo for high end. ( not always true, but generally it is) supercharger is instant, while turbos spool. turbos give more power, superchargers are easier to install.

both are good for different platforms.

I don't know if you can buy them for your average car, but the SC's that go in AMG cars have clutches, so that they are not running unless you really step on it. Both turbos and SC's cause parasitic drag, laws of physics. While causing less, turbos still cause it. They run on exhaust, which is pushed out of the cylinders, which are using flywheel momentum and the force of the other cylinders firing at that time. It's not free energy. Saying that you can install a turbo without parasitic drag is like saying that you can build a machine that uses hydroelectric power to pump water to a tank, where it falls, spinning a paddle, and creating power to pump the water back up, etc. Same sort of reason why the initial drop of a roller-coaster is from the greatest elevation.

i agree completly. each is better for certain things. what i was saying was a response to skyline saying that superchargers were inferior. supercharger for low end power, turbo for high end. ( not always true, but generally it is) supercharger is instant, while turbos spool. turbos give more power, superchargers are easier to install.

both are good for different platforms.

I'm confused i never said SDS were inferior at all.

I only said i'd rather have a SDS than a turbo mainly cuz they're easier on the engine.

It's true in sum cases using turbo's r like final steps in makin ultimate power but they're gonna be as reliable as a stock honda civic chassy being able to handle a huge ass 427 hemi with a blower on it.

It won't last long at all unless u dump ungodly amounts of $$$ to make it happen.

I'm jus saying since my fear of havin 2 engine's replaced in my last eclipse, i value engine life and SDS r more reliable/safer for engine's than big T or huge TT designs are.

Now, the 2JZ-GTE engine is a complete different story.

That engine is totally amazin and can handle ungodly amounts of HP and torque from big T turbo's and huge TTs.

Same with the 4G63 engine from the 2g turbo models.

For I4's they can hold amazing amounts of hp and torque.

Both for 6 and 4 cylinders hold extreme amounts of hp and torque without sacrificing reliability.

skyline buddy i was saying that wit the SC on the car the cars compression is still 11:5:1 which is the same as it is when its stock but now it has over 500hp and not 333hp.

Well if that's the case.....HELL NO i wouldn't do it.

U'd be stupid to even think bout tryin that.

Unless ur sum rich schmuck that can throw out money for blown engines constantly.

Then by all means be my guest and do it.

Jus don't cum 2 me when ur bank account has decreased substantially and u can't figure out y cuz i'll call u an idiot. :P

This discussion of blowing ( like with a supercharger ) an engine with 11:5.1 compression is goofy. Whether the engine has that compression before or after is not an issue. It's 11:5.1 and will blow if blown. :wink:

• 3 Wochen später...

I like more the sc than turbo, you get the power at the begining, you dont have to wait to get the suficient pressure as turbo does.

If you have an e46 m3 and you want to sc it, you should consider the Vortech supercharger (some manufacturer makes the adaption for the M3, dont remember which one!!)for the e46, they alsoo have the intercooler for the sc. A neighbor has one, last time he tested on the dyno, the car had 510HP!! It is avery good option. He also installed some wilwood (6 piston) brakes.

All Lorinsier SC have the electronic clutch that activates the superchager when you get 2000 rpmm (aproximately), but the advantage of this clutch is that you feel gradually the sc power instead of the "kick" of the turbo.

part of the fun of a turbo is to feel that boost and get slammed into the back of your seat. if you wanted gradual power go build a chevy or a big V8

Yeah it is part of the fun if u feel like waiting for the "boost" 2 slam u in the back of the seat.

Personally i'd like 2 have a SDS that gives me instant kick and not hafta wait 4 it.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...