EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Muffler Rattling

bavm3

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello all,

I own my first M3 (2001) conv. What I've noticed lately, 15K miles, in that when the car is cold and I give it some gas there is a strange noise (rattling) which seems to come from the muffler.

I took it in to BMW service and they stated the problem was related to loose bolts which was supposed to be fixed. But its back again..

Does anyone have this problem also?

Thanks for any info!

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Borla Shmorla, there are a lot of quality systems out there to choose from. And an aftermarket system is not going to increase the E46 M3 power a great deal, but it will improve the sound.

For example, the UUC Motorwerks " Rasp-X " which virtually eliminates the rasp of the E46 M3, and no doubt the unpleasant noises you mentioned, and also it can be equipped with a variety of mufflers, including UUC's own. It's pretty affordable too! - http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/raspx/

As far as mufflers go, Remus exhausts are good.

it will increase power but i didnt say your gona be a sec quicker its just about 9hp increase which is better then anything because it is so hard to increase hp on the E46 M3

That sounds a bit optimistic!!

Do you have any proper controlled before and after test data??

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo bavm3,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
I would be after results from a third party rather than the manufacturer who trying to flog them off.

very true. a lot of manufacturers do other mods to the car, barely noticable, to squeek out more power. look for a third party dyno, or go to an e46 forum.

This reminds me of an aftermarket dual exhaust system I have seen for the new Range Rover, which is powered by 282 Bavarian horses. It claims an increase of 18 horsepower.

For a conveniant, and somewhat fishy grand total of 300 hp. It looks good in print, but I wonder how accurate that claim is.

C'mon u can tell that's complete bullshit.

U hardly see that big of a power gain on ne kind of exhaust unless u have it tuned to hell and back.

I've never seen ne gains on NE SUV from an exhaust but i doubt it'd be high at all.

Prolly 4-5 hp like most exhausts give.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...