EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New model in Geneva Motor Show

a007apl

Empfohlene Beiträge

sources talked to me about, i think:

1° Murcielago Roadster

2° New SUV

3° New "According to a source at the factory there will be a new Lamborghini model shown during the 2004 Geneva Motor Show.

This model will actually be presented on March 2nd 2004 to a selected few, you will need a pass to be able to get a preview of the car that Automobili Lamborghini SpA will show at the Motor Show when the doors open on March 4th.

The 74th Geneva International Motor Show will be open from March 4 to March 14, and will draw a lot of visitors as always, with the introduction of a new Lamborghini I'm sure even more people will try to get a glimps of the Italian masterpieces that will be shown, among other cars naturally.

What this new model will be can not be published right now, we'll have to wait and see if other news will be available from the factory before March, but at this moment the only thing that can be said is that there will be a new Lamborghini in the stand this year !

Personally I hope it will be a new front engined GT, I think the market is still open for such a Lamborghini, like the classic GT's from the Sixties or even a 2+2 like the Espada ... but we'll all have to wait what Sant'Agata will bring to Geneva this year ..."

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

according to what i read once on italiaspeed.com, it suggested that if the gallardo met sales expectations, in 2007 there should be an SUV and even a successor to the legendary Miura, rumoured to be a 1000hp 16 cylinder, cant wait to see that if its true

A 1,000hp. 16-cylinder car, hmmm, sounds a little familar. I see they are tempted to pass off the " Bugatti " 16.4 Veyron as a " Lamborghini " in the not too distant future. Which of course is no Miura.

VW has a real nack for pimping every marque that comes under their regime.

Four big reasons that the Veyron's 16-cylinder engine makes as much power as it does, ( 1,001 hp. 987 in U.S. trim ) are the turbos. I can see them wanting to put an NA version in a Lamborghini, but I doubt it would produce the same power, let alone more, than it does in the quad-turbo Veyron. And turbo is really the only way to go with that motor, otherwise, whats' the point? Nobody needs 16 naturally asperated cylinders to do what a 10 or 12 could do.

The numbers catch people's attention, but that engine is really just a big hog, much like the Veyron itself, however artistic it may look. No offense to animal hogs.

sure,12 cylinders are enough...but it is pretty important to catch people's attention for the makers.

and i find it natural that if lambo wants to make miura's successor they want to make it big.

as you have said it won't be easy to get the same power without turbos...but hey,we're in year 2007/2008 if we're talking about this one,so nothing is impossible.its main competitor-f60 will (according to insiders) have a v12 with arround 850hp so i can imagine lambo's v16 with moderately more.

I can understand how a new " Miura " would want to make a big splash on the market, but if they were to base it upon the Veyron, that would be the wrong kind of big. Even 3 or 4 years from now is not that long of a time, and an NA Lambo version of the 16 of equal power or more would pretty much make the turbo Veyron version quite obsolete. And it would have to produce something on the order of 125 horsepower per liter without turbos.

Now, the engine currently redlines at around 6,000 rpm. In order to produce over 1,000 naturally asperated hp. I imagine getting a 16 cylinder engine to spin much faster than that, and reliably would be quite a feat. I don't really see it happening any time soon. As a reference, the Bentley Hunaudiers showcar, which was powered by basically the same engine, though NA produced about 623 hp. So from that you can see how crucial those four turbos are to makeing 1,000 hp.

Aside from technical issues, I'm doubting whether Lamborghini would ever reserect the Miura name, a spiritual successor would probably be named something else.

Quite different I would say. :)

Bugatti-16-4-veyron.jpg

miura2.jpg

dunno but i'm starting to believe that the aforementioned model which is to be presented in geneve is the murciealgo roadster...no other lambo should arrive as soon as that

i hope they will come up with the espada successor but it appears it is not in the pipelines,sadly, although i've already seen an image...but that would be something capable of crushing the 612 or the continental :)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo a007apl,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Lamborghini (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 2 Wochen später...
  • 3 Wochen später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...