EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Audi S4 vs. BMW M3

blackhole838

Empfohlene Beiträge

I would scoop that CTS-V while you have the chance. $7,000 cash back? It's not like those cars are getting moldy on the lot or anything, are you sure about that? Invoice on that car is about $45,600. That would be $2,600 below invoice.

I don't see how he could be having trouble selling it. Perhaps he just wants to sell one quick at a loss, so he can get more of the V's delivered to him. Only about 5,000 per year are expected.

Either way, I would jump at that opportunity, the V is the first of a breed.

ctsv04_02_800.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Okay so to get back on the topic.

M3 vs. S4

The S4 can beat the M3 of the line, it has a bigger engine and more torque available sooner. But although it has alot more torque it only gets infront by a little.

When it comes to building up speed the M3 has the S4 beat. The S4 looks like slugg compared to the M3 which rockets towards the 250km/h (155mph).

On the S4 streering is very dead, cannot be compared to M3 which has superiour handeling comapred to... well just about every car in the industry.

The S4 costs less and is more luxurious then the M3. It does a good job at providing a luxurious sportscar for the smaller budget. If Audi did something about the handeling I would actually concider buying one.

Comfort, luxury and price the S4 comes out on top.

Handeling, fun to drive and performance the M3 comes out on top.

GIR, just cause u live Holland and hate American cars, doesnt mean you've got the right to say "ok, back to the topic," and just forget about the Caddy. you know what happened when Skyline tried to tell me what to do with my topic, right? and dont tell me, "but im the moderator." My topic, my business-im asking peoples opinions on the cars I am interested in, and in this case, im gonna buy one of them! Most of you know that im serious about this-i didnt just create the topic for ur pleasure, as u also know.

More info from this dealer-he said this Caddy's base price is $51,000, cause of the lone option of a sunroof. The regular base is $49,000, but they had targeted $45,000 when they were developing it.

Im very close to going with the Caddy-equal performance to the M3, better than S4 (but no all-wheel drive), just as many features, same price. The only bad part is the interior is a little boring and cheap compared to the Germans-but, it still has the features they have. And best of all: it beat them all on their home turf, at Nurburgring! Old S4=8.42, New S4=8.28, M3=8.22, Caddy CTS-V=8.17! That's the same as the doubly expensive Maserati Coupe. By the way, most of that info is from http://www.nordschleife.no/ . The new S4 laptime is from my friend in Germany, while the Caddy's claim is Cadillac's own.

Chill out, you want an intelligent debate about cars you're considering the purchase of, so don't go telling people to F off. Doing that is not going to gain you any respect here.

Anyway, I suggest the CTS-V. But I still wonder why he's willing to cut you such a crazy deal. They may have targeted the price at 45k, but it didn't turn out that way. $44,000 for a $51,000 Cadillac, year end clearance is one thing, but thats' nuts. If you can get it though, you should. The engine actually has a smoother charictor than it does in the ZO6, which is expected, and I think they did a pretty good job with the interior quality.

Okay...

You seem to have somekind of I complex, we are a community of car lovers who try to respect each others opinions. Anywayz the general rules of netetique say that when you specify a certain subject for a post then you should stick to the subject. If you want people opinions on a few cars you should say something like "Going to buy a new car, need some opinions". When you say "S4 vs M3" people will automatically assume the thread is about the M3 vs. S4 and hence post comments on S4 vs. M3.

In this case I didn't even look at most of the ot stuff. When people start posting pics of cars that have nothing todo with the subject of the post then it's steering time for me. And that is what we mods or here for btw.

Also I find your comment about me living in Holland and hating American cars a little discriminating. What does that supposed to mean? Everybody in Holland hates American cars? nonsense. I respect American cars for what they are, nothing more, nothing less.

Personally I think the Cadillac CTS looks a little too much like the new Opel Vectra. Cadillac is also owned by GM wasn't it?

gallery_800_2.jpg

I can't comment on the CTS but the Vaxhaul engine in the Vectra is pretty damn good for wht it's designed ofr. It can provide a fair amount of torque while still maintaining a good level of consumption. Chip-tune the engine and you've got a real sleeper.

The performance and engine specs for both cars are kinda inline to each other which makes be believe they have the same engine.

The Opel Vectra GTS has a 3.2l V6 which does 155kW / 211hp Cadillac sais it can do 220hp on their 3.2l V6 but I'm kinda sure it's the same Vaxhaul engine. The Caddy even comes with a Getrag transmission which has been standard on many European cars for ages. I'm starting to think the CTS is a European car by design and parts which just happens to be assembeld in the US.

I think you would be far happier with a European car. I would count the S4 out, unless you really want two. I agree, just tune up your S4 and get another car. If you have the money, you should go with the Maserati. The M3 to anybody else just looks like a really nice 328, whereas the Maserati is universally sexual (right Dj). Hey, it's Italian, what more can you see. Not too many of them driving around. And it's also one of those cars that looks millions of times better in person (and in Red) beleive me. The interior is kick ass as well, I don't know what you guys are saying.

the maserati is damn sexy.

the cts V is a good car - i think it is hard too look at, id probably still well rather an W3, but i respect cts V.

As to S4 on M3 - i fail to see the competitior - unless you need 4 doors op AWD (where i am the high temp today was -5F, expected to fall to -20F tonight and i dont need AWD) the M3 is superior

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo blackhole838,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

sry-email was supposed to notify me when a reply was posted. it didnt. GIR, im sorry about what i said about dutch people hating american cars, but here's my experience from my first trip to holland ever, a cycling trip: in one week, my group of 14 got EGGED-yes, EGGED-by a group of Dutch teens who figured out we were american and yelled anti-american slogans at us (we had a Dutch guy with us who could translate for us). In addition, when one of our bikers was hit with a car, the driver-who failed to stop at a stop sign-said we were "crazy americans who dont know how to respect people." That may be where im getting my resentment from. nothing personal, but dutch people have been very mean to me so far, and they have shown me that they do not like americans.

Anyway, i read somewhere that the Caddy got around Nurburgring in 8.17. However, i cant find where i found that. I did find that GM's director of high-performance vehicle operations, John Heinricy, made it around Nurburgring in 8.19 second, still faster than either M car. It's on page two of the article on this site: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=6979&page_number=2

Well hell i'm Dutch and American so i'm basically the epitome of a clash. :lol:

I don't really hate American's jus the car's don't fancy me to much cuz they r jus not as sophisticated and as good as imports and euro cars thats all.

Kinda outdated if u will but sum deserve the respect they should be given 2 and i do that.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...