EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Audi S4 vs. BMW M3

blackhole838

Empfohlene Beiträge

Which is better? the 2004 S4 or the M3? performance, comfort, fun to drive, daily driver, luxury are all things to consider. Replies welcome-i gotta choose between these two.

AND-has the 2004 S4 been tested at Nurburgring? ive asked many-they dont know.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

with the weather the northeast has been having the s4 would be the best choice. but seeing that you already have a previous generation s4....if your current s4 has so much as a chip the newer s4 will not be able to touch the one you have now.

my verdict: m3

I'd choose the 2004 BMW M3 for several reasons. Reasons are listed below.

Here's advantages to BMW M3.

1. I6 that is a full 1.0L smaller than Audi's V8 and it's only 7hp less.

2. It gets better gas mileage.

3. A little more creature comforts and better looking layout.

4. 410lbs less means faster acceleration and better cornering speed.

5. The interior and exterior looks alot better .

6. Faster 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile times.

7. Perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

Now advantages of the Audi S4 that don't outweight the M3's.

1. A little more powerful engine. ( I'd sure hope so since it's a V8 )

2. A little more spacious interior.

3. A good bit bigger Trunk.

4. Cheaper.

4. 410lbs less means faster acceleration and better cornering speed.
more than just that: braking and fuel economy are also vastly affected by that much weight, maybe even top speed. cornering speed is only a fraction of the entire area of handling that is pretty hurt by the extra lbs. the way it shifts weight while handling is vastly damaged with an 2 extra people in the car....each weighing 205lbs. the weight would be the determining factor for me. 410lbs is a lot.

ok ok thx im surprised the S4 got so little favor, just because it has tied the M3 or beat it in 3 of 4 major US magazines, and has only lost one comparison. Keep coming on those opinions.

One more thing-throw in the Maserati Coupe GT (manual) into this mix

ok ok thx im surprised the S4 got so little favor, just because it has tied the M3 or beat it in 3 of 4 major US magazines, and has only lost one comparison. Keep coming on those opinions.

One more thing-throw in the Maserati Coupe GT (manual) into this mix

And wat major magazines r those cuz look at the numbers, plus i got a couple of vid's from kazaa.

The new S4 doesn't even stand a chance against the M3.

Let's throw in the Maserati Coupe GT? how bout we jus stick the original Topic u posted.

If u wanted the Maserati inserted into the comparison u should've put it there in the 1st place.

We try to stay on topic and not sit here and add cars into the mix,

that basically makes everybody remake their decisions and all of their posts.

Stick 2 your comparisons.

If u wanted the Maserati inserted into the comparison u should've put it there in the 1st place.

We try to stay on topic and not sit here and add cars into the mix,

that basically makes everybody remake their decisions and all of their posts.

Stick 2 your comparisons.

dude simmer down. it seems like he is really considering buying these cars. if he wants to look at something else, let him! he also started the thread so he can take it where he wants it.

if this car will be your daily driver i would still take the m3 over the maserati. from what ive read the m3 is better with creature comforts.

bleh picked it up much better than mr. skyline here. I am considering buying these cars, and yes, im gonna have MY topic be whatever MY concious wants it to be. This is not for your pleasure, mr. boyracer. On the note of the maserati, its in between the M3 and the S4 for pure performance, but is more of a GT than those two. And no, i dont need room for family, just for a hockey bag. Also, whats the resale value on these?

By the way, the S4 beat the M3 in Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and Road and Track.

Well i was bout as simmer as possible lol i don't get mad over the net bro.

I'm jus blatant and str8 forward if he wanted the comparison to be 3 cars then he can change the topic 2 the maserati, bimmer and S4 comparison.

Newayz, i'd still go with the M3 over both.

The Maserti is nice but for that much money u can buy an M5 and send it to Dinan 2 have performance.

Plus being able to be surrounded in unconditional luxury.

I "picked" up wat u were saying but i was bein blatant and i jus tell u how it is thats all.

2001-2004 BMW M3

Car and Driver Magazine

Our M3 arrived in July 2001 and quickly captivated the hotshoes in the office with its amazing acceleration and sure-footed handling. With 1940 miles on it, we took the M3 to the test track and measured a 0-to-60 time of 4.5 seconds and a standing quarter-mile of 13.1@ 107mph. The electric-blue M3 also showed great grip, managing 0.89 g on the skidpad and stopping from 70 mph in 161 feet. Not bad for a car that can hold four adults and a decent load of luggage.

2004 AUDI S4

Car and Driver Magazine

Thus, those willing to pay the S4 premium will have 339 horsepower and 302 pound-feet of torque underfoot, compared with 250 and 258 for the 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6 used in the previous S4. Which ought to add up to some pretty serious go, right? Ought to. But Audi's forecasts don't reflect this. Mated to the standard six-speed manual transmission, the slickest Audi manual yet the S4 is expected to dash to 62 mph in 5.6 seconds. Top speed is limited to 155 mph.

This isn't exactly slow, but if the forecast holds up, we'd call it disappointing.

Huh, must be another C&D out there that i don't know of.

Well i was bout as simmer as possible lol i don't get mad over the net bro.
i didnt say you were getting mad. i was telling you not to be so legalistic.
I'm jus blatant and str8 forward
I "picked" up wat u were saying but i was bein blatant and i jus tell u how it is thats all.
i dont think you know what blatant means... or at least how to use the word

back to the topic: sorry i really have no idea what the resale on the maserati would be. and if it really is just for the daily commute than i still say the m3. forget the notion of the m5 though, it performs very similarly to the m3 only its larger. just take the m3 to dinan if you really need a power house.

if i was you i would just upgrade the turbos and do a little more to the intake ,exhaust and with the current S4 after 10k invested you should be able to outdo an M3. But if you are thinking of new then get the M3 really fun to drive :)

if i was you i would just upgrade the turbos and do a little more to the intake ,exhaust and with the current S4 after 10k invested you should be able to outdo an M3. But if you are thinking of new then get the M3 really fun to drive :)

10k invested on an s4? i think your talking about the turbo 2000-2002 model, 2.7 bi turbo. with 10k you will DESTROY an M5, M3... and any other BMW in your way. with less than 2k you beat the M3 and M5. with 10k...... damn :o thats almost a 10 second car. S4 resond to mods very very well. i did chip ( 600) and bipipe ( 300) my car did a 13.2 in pouring rain with just the chip ( blown throttle body boot) with the new bi pipe install its 12.9-13.0 easy. all day long, which, correct me if im wrong. is faste rthan the M3 and M5.

yeah i am blatant in real life :lol:
i think you mean blunt. to do something blatantly is to do it intensionally. to say that your an intentional person...kinda doesnt make much sense

out of all the cars in the general class we are talking about i would take the s4 dj and marko are talking about. biturbo... that is my dream car.

djfux69 thats exactly wat i was getting at but i tried using nice words lol .. i have an M3 03 and the other day i literally got messed up by the S4 :oops: but it looked moded because of the rims were changed spoiler crazy exhaust note, so he probably did some magic to the engine and turbos as well.

i think you mean blunt (smoking? :lol: ). to do something blatantly is to do it intensionally. to say that your an intentional person...kinda doesnt make much sense

out of all the cars in the general class we are talking about i would take the s4 dj and marko are talking about. biturbo... that is my dream car.

hahahaha notice my change?

:lol: Yes i see the change and i've never taken a puff of a ciggy be4 much less other drugs.

Blatant means ur annoyinly loud or unpleasantly noisy.

That's y i said i really can't be blatant on the internet can i?

Yes i'm blunt too but not the dooby kind :D

a Z06? not with it being replaced in the next year-but i'd definitely look at that one

track times for a 2004 S4 please someone give me them

The S4 is "more luxurious" than the M3, to quote Car and Driver. I guess I'm leaning towards it cause it would be a better daily driver. It's not like i get the chance to really RUN my car often-usually just driven through traffic

However, some of that (V8 V8 V8!!!) torque, especially low-end, is very useful when spurting into a gap in the traffic at lower speeds

jterp u live in Bethesda right? where's ur favorite place to drive in DC?

f**k the Z06 just upgrade ur old audi and you be killing everyoje on the streets lol but if u want another car then get the M3

word. youll have an AWD 11 second daily driver. cant get much better than that. drive in any weather condition, and rip most street cars.

modifying/upgrading it sounds like a great idea, but there are two problems with it. One, modifications severely decrease resale value, but im not so worried about that. The problem with my S4 is that it's breaking in many minor places, such as the window switches, the seat warmer thumbwheel, and the auto A/C. I have to take it to the dealer every two months to get it repaired! it's all under warranty, but it's just a hassle having to make those runs.

sorry Skyline, but this is irresistible-i got an offer from a Caddy dealer who i bought from before. He said he'd give me 7000 DOLLARS cashback on a new CTS-V that just arrived in his showroom! I had emailed him about it, but this was completely unexpected. I think i should take the offer-a car w/ 400hp, 400lb-ft of torque, 0-6- in 4.6 (that's a new claim from Cadillac, decreased from its former claim of 4.7), and skidpad of .91g's for only $42,000. What are ur thoughts? Besides, what other car do you get a factory built-in g-sensor?

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...