EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2004 BMW M3 headlights

diesel2029

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all, I have this car with the bi-Xenon lights option. There are two round lights on each side. The one closest to the side of the car is Xenon, while the one closer to the center of the car is halogen. If I turn on my lights, only the Xenon turns on (low or high beam); the halogens only turn on when I use the flashers (to pass someone). Is it supposed to be this way ?? I spoke to the dealer and he said yes. The center lights do not stay on, they only turn on when you hit the flashers (steering wheel stalk in opposite direction of high beams). Just wondering if this is accurate ???

Thanks for any info.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

It's supposed to be like that. The headlights only have the halogen lamps in there for flash-to-pass, other then that they do not serve any purpose. The Xenon lights offer a much better view in fog and dense mist.

Xenon lamps require some time to warm-up and generate the required amount of light, so they're not suited for flashing. I guess you've noticed this, when you turn the switch for the Xenon lights it takes some time for the lights to actually come on.

The main issue there is, how many people outside of Europe, more specifically how many people in the U.S. know that flashing means " I want to pass. " rather than " Hey, your car is on fire!! " or " Hey, I'm a drunken out of control lunatic whos' flashing his lights at you to scare you! ".

Actually, the only time I've ever seen somebody flash their lights at another car, is coming from the opposite direction warning you that there is a cop waiting up the road to pick up speeders. Speeders vs. Cops... the age old battle.

• 1 Monat später...

Here in Canada as well no one uses the flashers to tell you that they will pass you all they use them for is if there is a cop that is tracking speeders ahead or if you leave ur highbeams on to tell the other driver to turn them off

Actually, the only time I've ever seen somebody flash their lights at another car, is coming from the opposite direction warning you that there is a cop waiting up the road to pick up speeders. Speeders vs. Cops... the age old battle.

Never heard of flashin to pass but flashin 2 warn others 4 cops is my only way.

Well u also flash ur lights 2 tell people to turn theirs on as well, when the idiots don't.

The main issue there is, how many people outside of Europe, more specifically how many people in the U.S. know that flashing means " I want to pass. " rather than " Hey, your car is on fire!! " or " Hey, I'm a drunken out of control lunatic whos' flashing his lights at you to scare you! ".

i always flash to pass. when im coming up in the left lane i give 2 quick flashes so they have time to change lanes before i get to them. a lot of the time it works. after i pass i immediately change back into the right lane, im not a left lane cruiser.....

i learned the flash in europe.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo diesel2029,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...