EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Which car is the best car in the world? RR or MM?

Dresol

Empfohlene Beiträge

I don't understand why Mercedes tryed to build a car that's supposed to be the most luxurious car in the world under the brand Maybach, but the car turned out to be a a more electronical-deviced thing then the S-class. The only thing that separates the Maybach from the S-class is some of the interieur and some of the exteriour, but you can still clearly see that Macbach is a Mercedes.

Rolls Royce Phantom on the other hand, is a beautifully built car. You can clearly see that the design has been taken from various Rolls Royce models over the years. It is magnificent. Nice car.

But which car is the best car in the world?

nphant_a.jpg

The Rolls Royce?

614174A2002F4530__mid.jpg

Or the Maybach?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

well the rolls has a lot more prestige, and heritige with the ultra luxurious IMO. rolls has always been for the ultra rich, and benz is for the almost there rich. name alont rolls is my pick, but then the fact that the maybach has reclining rear seats... well that just puts it into another category. but i mean name alone i pick rolls, but form what i know about the cars, i would have to go with maybach

p.s. i dont know much about the phantom, please inform me.

Same as an S?? at least the tests say something different. The soundisolation is extreme in a maybach, they was talking normally at a speed of 250 when they said; hey, we are driving 250!!

The RR looks strange I think! But certainly a great car! Take a look at a Volvo 740 and you know what I mean!

But anyways, these are cars that people who owns such a big overload of money that they don't know how to spend them. But it's a brilliant idea to produce such cars, they make money!

The twp cars got a lot of benefits to give to their owners, but I would chose the Rolls myself. I won't have a "bigger S-class", cause that's what the Maybach is. If you'd like to see which car that does have the best interieur, then let's judge them out of these pictures here:

800_4.jpg

Rolls Royces interieur

411750a2002f250__mid.jpg

Maybachs' interieur

The Maybach is a bigger S-class, because the frame and every single button in the Maybach is from the Mercedes S-class. There is no way you can denie that. The S-class changed some of the interieur just after the production of the Maybach, because Mercedes made a beautifullier interieur in the Maybach, so they thought that they could use it in the S-class. So now when the buyers look for a car that seems exlusive and can't afford the Maybach, they buy the S-class. It's a fact.

Maybach has its own chassis, but major components are from Mercedes.

The 5.5-litre twin-turbo V12 is adapted from S600, with boost pressure.

The 5-speed automatic gearbox is strengthened from the S-class.

The suspensions, both front and rear, is from the S-class.

AIRmatic DC air suspension with adaptive damping from the E-class and SBC braking system from the E-class.

The dashboard architecture is based on S-class.

If I was gonna sit in the back of the car, my pick would be the Rolls.

If I was gonna drive it, I would choose the Mercedes, not the Mercedes Maybach, but the S600 and still have plenty of money left.

I like the looks of the Rolls the best, Maybach doesn't look special enough. From inside it's hard to fault the comfort of the Maybach, just look at the room to stretch out, I'm really tall so I could definitely use that. The Maybach might be a little more entertaining to drive, but then both of these cars are for riding in, so who really cares about that? I might have to give the comfort award to the Maybach because it's so spacious, and the panoramic roof section is cool too.

Before either though, I would choose a Bentley Arnage, I have a thing for the Bentley.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Dresol,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Zubehör für Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
The Maybach is a bigger S-class, because the frame and every single button in the Maybach is from the Mercedes S-class. There is no way you can denie that. The S-class changed some of the interieur just after the production of the Maybach, because Mercedes made a beautifullier interieur in the Maybach, so they thought that they could use it in the S-class. So now when the buyers look for a car that seems exlusive and can't afford the Maybach, they buy the S-class. It's a fact.

*cough* nonsense *cough* first of all the engine, the frame and the interiour is no where near that of the S-class, take it from me I owned one. Just because they use the same materials doesn't mean they're the same. It has MB tech in it and a MB engine but that doesn't also mean the tech comes straight off a S onto a Maybach. It's still a MB car, what do you think they're supposed todo, not use their own tech and own engines? That would be funny as hell! Call BMW and ask them wether they could ship over some engines and tech because they won't be using their own stuff in the Maybach.

If we're going to debate about then lets also mention that the Phantom has a BMW engine and BMW interiour, but I'm sure you will disagree with me on that one.

Also if you're going to post a topic, don't post it in 2 forums at once.

• 3 Wochen später...

The Arnage as it is, is good enough, and any Bentley based on a Veyron would not be a Bentley. The Veyron platform by the way is a very bulky two passenger, rear engine car. What kind of luxury saloon would that be??

The "W" engine configuration is a gimmick, just a play on the "W" in VW. That thing is a V16. And the Cadillac XV16 is far more eloquent, especially if they ever produced it.

The "W" engine configuration is a gimmick, just a play on the "W" in VW. That thing is a V16.

gimmick? the W configuration is 2 90degree V engines offset by 15 degrees that share one crankshaft. i have the blueprints if you like.

the W shape is meant to save space.

Well if the W engine is a gimmick then I guess the VR6 engine is a gimmick aswell! The thing is that VW has been working on methods of saving space instead of getting more power out their engine's. The W and VR6 engine's are amazing in the aspect that they can provide enourmes amounts of power while still being very very small.

look, I agree that the w16 is more a V than a W, but the fact that is almost half as long as the V-16 for cadillac, well, that means the car doesn't have to be 20 feet long for it to fit in.

Personally, I just wish someone would make either one work well enough to sell, I can only imagine the sound of 1000 hp.

A true "W" configuration would require four banks of cylinders, connected to two crankshafts, which inturn would make no sense. The W16 and W8 are merely "V" engines with pistons set at two different angles. It still seems like more trouble than it's worth. I see it as a display of VW's huge superiority complex, they honestly think they are the wave of the future :roll: .

About the Cadillac V16, well, big is the American way. Who wants a 16 cylinder engine that sits under their hood looking like a V8 or something? I think there was a sound byte on here somewhere where they fired up the Veyron. The thought of 1,000 horsepower does not really turn me on personally, it's just like too much, there is something anti-climactic about it, in fact it bores me to think about it.

Making a powerplant as compact as possible makes sense, but what makes more sense than that is less weight, not more power. 16 cylinders, in a sports car particularly is as excessive as hell.

Modern cars are big and heavy enough just as they are anyway, compact engine or not. Cramping the pistons into a faux "W" configuration to save space, while letting the bulk of the car itself get out of hand. I'd say they have the game distorted.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...