EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 SMGII????

Casper311

Empfohlene Beiträge

First of all greetings to all of you. I just joined the site a couple of days ago, and the feedback you guys give it's just awesome.

Anyway, I currently have a 2002 330ci, I'm looking at getting a 2004 M3, but again the BIG QUESTION and biggest decision I have to make>>>>Stick or SMGII.

I'm very familiar with manual cars, but SMG is still a manual but without the clutch, and a do live in Los Angeles (traffic).

I'm still looking at performance though.

I know this is a topic that has been spoke about a thousand times,but I would really appreciate if you guys can give me some feedback. I can see by your comments that a lot of you are very technical and knowledgeable about the topic.

Thanks guys...>

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Greetings Casper,

The SMG is not a bad system, and in some instances can provide better acceleration times than the straight manual. Being in Los Angeles, I think would be a great reason to go for the SMG. But it really depends on whether you the driver want to give up the physical interaction that a manual shift provides.

Seeing as you're interested in the SMG, I assume you're not too concerned about that. So since you live around such a metropolis, and no doubt take on a lot of skitzo traffic, and the system provides a flexible array of modes to suit your driving, I would recommed the SMG for you.

I agree that in a traffic environment (especially L.A.) the SMG would be the best option due to its no-hassle auto modes. But when you head out to the country/mountains/desert/coast, I think you would be happier with full manual. Resale value would also be better with a manual.

I have an M3 with SMGII and i really love it. I live in toronto and there is traffic also but im sure it is not worst then LA :lol: the manual is also very good its just the smg is more practical and better for the acceleration ( faster shits) either way you win because they are both fun.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...