EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 vs. CORVETTE

g-unit marko

Empfohlene Beiträge

i really dont see what the big problem is here. both are good cars for different people. i would take the M3 if i needed the room... the zo6 if i had other cars. it depends on the situation. yes the zo6 beats the m3 in performance, but the M3 makes up for it with its usefulness. you can use an M3 a lot more than you can use a zo6. i would sacrifice a second in performance for backseats. so for this i say the cars are even, it all comes down to which one you like the most for your situation. opinions. because obviously we could say " the zo6 is faster so its better..." " the M3 seats more people, and is more comfortable, so its better" but it all depends on what you are comparing. they all have their pros and cons.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 129
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

The M3 is practical, while the ZO6 isn't. It's just a car to have fun with. But I'd say as they did in Top Gear; the americans are good at making cars go fast in a straight line, but when the turns come, they'd nearly have to stop to get around it. And I've been sitting in a ZO6 and it is a very nice car, but it really sucks when the turns comes along. At Nürburgring, it was beatened by a M5, M3 and many other cars, but it got back to them when the road straightened. But I'd go for the M3 if I'd like to be practical at the same time as I would like to have fun. And I'd go for the ZO6 if I wouldn't like to be practical, but just have fun and cruise.

that is true, the german cars own the nurnburgring ramp. That vette might be faster in american performance benchmarks (0-60, 1320, skidpad) as an american car should, but the ultimate european mark of a car is its time on the nurnburgring ramp, and there the vette doesn't fair as well. So it is a matter of preference.

M3 is faster on the ramp though, he makes a good point.

BTW, there is now a forum in "Miscelanious" for you to vote on this matter.

As for the vette being lower quality, consumer reports.

What is this ramp thing? Some kind of strange turn that is unable to be duplicated on american soil? Because I have seen M3's and z06's on tracks at the same time and also spoken to professional drivers who have driven both and the z06 will take a turn much better than an M3. Fact.

Hey, I'm all for old venues, God bless 'em, but people make entirely too much of that Nurburgring. It's simply become a marketing tool, " We tuned our car on the legendary Nurburgring! ". :roll: If it were so darn challenging for modern performance cars, than cars of fifty years ago would have been skidding all over the track.

Chevrolet is another manufacturer who brags of tuning their car, the Corvette on the Nurburgring by the way. I'd like to run a few laps around that thing myself just to see what it's all about. I've heard people can pay a small fee and drive anything on it. With as much press as that track gets, it must be as crowded as the 401 freeway at rush hour.

freeway.jpg:D

It's the style of the track. The fact stands the M3 is a better car on it.

So there is one ridiculous track in the entire world that the M3 is better than the Z06 on? I don't believe it. If the "fact stands" then show us some proof. Otherwise the fact does not stand.

Rediculous track?What are u talkin bout Nurburgring is were u take your car when u realy want to see what it can do.I never heard of a car enthusiast who didnt know what the nurbergring was.Thats whats rediculous.I heard M3 csl did it in less than 8 minutes.

everyone's asking for "facts" so I got them from the track manager at Nurburgring (my friend, Bill Shaw, son of Indy 500 winner Wilbur Shaw, knows this guy)

They perfectly match the times from this site, for proof of the "facts"

http://www.nordschleife.no/

2000 BMW M3 (333hp)-8.22 seconds@149km/h (tested by BMW test drivers)

1998 Chevrolet Corvette (344hp)-8.40 seconds@144km/h (no listed tester)

1997 Chevrolet Corvette (339hp)-8.45 seconds@143km/h (tested by Dirk Schoysman, a freelance test driver/race driver/racing tutor)

The track manager said no Corvette Z06 had ever been tested at Nurburgring, so one of you Corvette believers can go prove the M3 inferior yourself if you'd like. Until then-according to the real "facts"-the M3 is superior to the Corvette.

Well Hole, I don't know where they got those strange horsepower numbers for the Vette, 344 and 339? But both of those Corvette times are less than a half a minute behind the M3, and you're talking non-ZO6 models, before the LS-1 recieved a slight power boost, what kind of case is that? A ZO6 would surely cut that 8.40 - 8.45 Corvete time a great deal. And just about anyone who's driven these cars will tell you, the difference between the ZO6 and standard Vette is almost like night and day. And C6 is another story :wink: .

There is a reason that skidpad ratings are made. They are used to evaluate how a car handles, for the most part. There is no place on earth where .91-.93g's (low .90's for sure) beats 1.05 g's. I don't care which track it's one, the Corvette wins. It's faster in straights, as well as corners, according to the numbers. And you can't honestly say that they are just numbers and that they don't mean anything. They were tested for a reason: as a quantitative analysis of how the car performs. The M3 may be more reliable, more practical, more efficient, whatever, but given the same driver, on the same track under the same conditions, the Corvette ZO6 will always beat an M3 around any track.

All the zo6 has is a little bit better performance.M3 owns in everything else.So i dont know how vette could be better.I deffinetely dont think it is.

if you want you could get the same preformance fromt the M3 with small mods.Than you have the total package.I dont think a smart person would spend 52k$ for accelaration contests.My freind has a nova that runs low 12s for 9k$ if thats what u want.Youd save alot of money.

for the love of god this thread is getting dumb. which car is better is all a matter of OPINION.

FACT: zo6 performs better

FACT: M3 offers an amazing blend of performance, utility, and comfort.

some people like apples, others like oranges.... i like both. let it go!!

if someone likes a different car than the one you like, let it go! you cant make a vegitarian eat meat. its all personal preference!

All the zo6 has is a little bit better performance.M3 owns in everything else.So i dont know how vette could be better

What is "everything else"? The seats are nicer? The couch in my living room is more comfortable than an M3 interior, does that mean my couch owns the M3? No, it doesn't -- why? because my couch is slower ...My couch does not have the performance levels of the M3 so it doesn't matter that it is more comfortable. Anyone see a comparrison?

:o

I agree that the cars are for different people -- I like the Z06 and others like the M3 -- to each his own and I respect their opinions. I do not agree that the M3, in any way "owns" the Z06.

i SERIOUSLY doubt the ZO6 will beat the M3 on ANY track.

What gives you these doubts? Is it the 70 extra hp the vette has? the 100 extra ft/lbs of torque? The fact that it pulls 1.05 on the skidpad vs. the M3's .92? Is it the big bag of mushrooms you just ate?

:wink:

Mr. LateNiteCable, what did i say? i said that a Z06 had NEVER been tested on Nurburgring. However, a reg. C5 had been, twice. Don't aim those "Z06 Z06 Z06" comments at me-i got u FACTS, and until you can find actual laptimes for a Z06 and an M3, on the same track, the M3 is better than the Corvette. I cant say the M3 is better than a Z06, because i dont have actual facts, aka laptimes. While i personally believe a Z06 would beat an M3 on the track (0-60 in 4.0, compared to 4.5, and skid g's of .99, compared to .92), there's no hard evidence, so there's no proof. To sum it up, for M3vsCorvette, M3 wins. Now, try M3vsZ06. Thats a different game.

And for everyone saying "oh, M3 is luxurious and comfy", that's great, maybe it is a better daily driver, but we're talking about PERFORMANCE, aka laptimes, so who cares about width-adjustable seats and better sound systems. A Z06 has a bette sound system anyway, and it's called the exhaust. Besides, luxurious M3? Go to www.bmwusa.com, build ur own M3, and you'll be stunned to find that a "luxurious" $50,000+ M3 DOESNT COME WITH STANDARD LEATHER!!

Somebody find some laptimes for an M3 and a Z06 on the same track, and this argument will be done for. By the way, what dumbass said an M3 CSL can go around the Nurburgring in less than 8.00 min.?

jterp becasue you are so into performance numbers and all of that, there is a golf that OWNS THE ZO6 in every aspect around 50k . it does the 0-60 in 3.2 sec ,top speed of 202.6mph quarter mile in 11.49s , 600ft slalom at 71mph just like the mitsu. EVO and plus u can take 4 more buddys with you for a joy ride. All of that for around 50k and you do as good or even better then the top exotics in the world.

all the info is from motor trend magazine www.motortrend.com

so if you want performance for 50k there you go why take a corvette when u can embarass ferari, Z06,m3 porsche many more as well with a golf :D i said m3 because the golf is much quicker and overall better performance but its not a bmw and not so luxurious.

Mr. LateNiteCable, what did i say? i said that a Z06 had NEVER been tested on Nurburgring.

I never said a ZO6 had run the Nurburgring, I simply meant that a ZO6 would probably change the game in the Corvette's favor. And you have to consider the ZO6 as the opponent, it is a Corvette afterall, and just as importantly, it's in the same price range as the M3, so it's fair game. The ZO6 is to the standard Vette, what the M3 is to the 330i Sport in a way.

there is a golf that OWNS THE ZO6 in every aspect around 50k.

Every aspect? Think about that for a second. That Golf runs fast on a drag strip, that does not mean it would own any car on a track. It takes more than an overblown engine under the hood to make a well rounded competitor. That Golf has merely proven itself to be a good dragster.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...