EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 vs. CORVETTE

g-unit marko

Empfohlene Beiträge

don't be a prick.

the boxster doesn't have the prestige of a 911, granted. Our next porsche will be a 911 targa, but this sure isn't bad.

and because it is a porsche, it has prestige. or maybe it's just because i look so good driving it.

And country club chicks don't dig mopars. In fact, most girls i know don't like old muscle cars. sadly, most girls ask me not to break triple digits on the onramp with the top down (which is why i have a thing for chicks with ponytails, they just don't care)

Well you and I live in different parts of the country. In LA, the boxster is looked at as a joke, sort of the poor man's porsche. If you feel big and bad because you are sitting behind a steering wheel that says porsche, more power to you.

If you are driving a car to impress the daddy's girls at the countery club, I feel bad for you. Hahaha, the fact that you are doing it in a boxster makes it funnier. I don't know about you but alongside the 911s, benzes, rolls, and jags at the country club, I saw some old classics like 427 vettes. Who let the white trash into my club anyway? Honestly, I liked the old vettes more than most of the other cars.

I am amazed at how impressed you are that you were born into money and feel the need to seek status in your cars.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 129
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort
LOOK at all the specs of each car and overall if u come to conclude that the corvette is better holla at me which i doubt will

I have been. As i have said over and over the Z06 performs MUCH better than the M3. Better 0-60 times, better lateral hold, a full second quicker in the 1/4 mile. The M3 is more practical and has nicer interior features. These are facts-

Facts are what adults use to back up an argument. Phrases like

why would you want a car that rattles like crazy and the ride comfort sux just like you when u can driive a BMW with alot equal performace plus attract many people to it and take some ladies for a spin
(unwarranted, generalized OPINIONS) are what 15 year old kids use to make an argument. Perhaps if you structured you arguments like an adult you would be taken more seriously.

and as far as the z06 vs the csl -- that's a whole different argument. I argued that the z06 should be compared to the m3 because it stickers at $52 -- which is the middle of the msrp range for the m3 - so it equates to an average M3. FYI - while it is the most performance oriented vette, the z06 is not the top of the line price wise. Convertibles sell for 3-4k more.

i agree that the zo6 should be compared to the M3 as the zo6 is the most performance oriented, just like the M3 is to the 3 series. they both fall in the same price range unlike the csl. but just for giggles, whats the stats on the csl? the webite still says 0-60 4.9 seconds.. so i am assuming a 13.1-4 1/4 mile. maybe a .94+ lateral acceleration.

Only in Europe yes. The M3 CSL is kind of a mystery, you don't really hear about it much. Known as the " 110 percent M3 " it would sell for over $100,000, and although the stats don't seem incredibly impressive next to the standard M3, it's modification basically make it a major handling machine, rather than " faster " in the usual sense.

Power is 360 hp. @ 7,900 and 274 lb.ft. @ 4,900

It weighs 3,052 lbs.

0-62 time is listed at 4.8-4.9

Wheels are 8 1/2"x 19" front and 91/2"x 19" rear

Top speed is still a limited 155

I assume skidpad grip, and 1/4 mile time are a bit racier than standard.

2 to 3 times the money for " 10%" more performance. Does that seem like a deal to you?

Jtrep

As i have said over and over the Z06 performs MUCH better than the M3. Better 0-60 times, better lateral hold, a full second quicker in the 1/4 mile. The M3 is more practical and has nicer interior features. These are facts-Facts are what adults use to back up an argument.

Jtrep

Im realy getting sick of this argument.The M3 is just an all out better car than a corvette,those are the facts plain an simple.yes the zo6 has slightly better performance,but thats the only thing it has on it.The fastest car dosent mean the best car at all.Some people might rather have the vette and thats fine its their money they do wat they want.But the FACT is statisticly the M3 owns.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo g-unit marko,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
Im realy getting sick of this argument.The M3 is just an all out better car than a corvette,those are the facts plain an simple.yes the zo6 has slightly better performance,but thats the only thing it has on it.The fastest car dosent mean the best car at all.Some people might rather have the vette and thats fine its their money they do wat they want.But the FACT is statisticly the M3 owns.

The M3 is a better car for what you want. The Z06 is a better car for what some other people want. To say outright that one car is better than the other when both cars are so different and obviasly targeted towards different markets is absolutly stupid.

Im realy getting sick of this argument.

Then stop clicking the link.

But the FACT is statisticly the M3 owns.

Statistics are numbers. I have seen no numbers that say the M3 owns.

jtrep ask many people if the corvette is MUCH better in performance then the M3 and ull get laughed at cuz now ur talknig stupid and second of all the M3 isnt jsut practical and a nicer interior its a true sports car that can keep up wit the corvette You are not goin to be racing every sigle second and if you are with the chevy motor good luck if u get over 200k km.And that is why OVERALL read that good it means everything all together performance , comfort, ride quality, engineering, realiability, and everything else. Now you can go do some research to prove me that im wrong AND ONE MORE TIME I AGREE THE ZO6 IS AGREAT CAR WITH A BETTER PERFORMANCE THEN THE M3 , SO OVERALL IM SAYING M3 WILL WHIP THE Z06 ANY TIME. If u dont understand again what im saying then please dont even bother writing about it because we will never agree ..

Maybe you should have your 5th grade teacher proof-read your posts because this MAKES NO SENSE.

U know for a damn change i actually agree with Sergio for a change.

Give it a rest the M3 is better in everything else except performance.

If u want the fastest car ever at $52k but alot less practical use and loss of handlin, then the ZO6 is 4 u.

If u wanna slightly slower car but ALOT more practical use and better handlin then M3 is 4 u.

And Jterp i'd like to see numbers or nething to prove that the ZO6 owns the M3.

Oh wait, u can't find it? Y's that?? becuz all it does is beat it in performance.

Jus cuz a car is quicker than another doesn't necessarily mean it OWNS the car in comparison.

U know for a damn change i actually agree with Sergio for a change.

Give it a rest the M3 is better in everything else except performance.

If u want the fastest car ever at $52k but alot less practical use and loss of handlin, then the ZO6 is 4 u.

If u wanna slightly slower car but ALOT more practical use and better handlin then M3 is 4 u.

Well the corvette is a performance car so it would make sense that it would have greater performance with a bit less luxury. Why must everyone think that there is a definitive answer to what is better? They are different. Wht is better? A hummer H1 or a Jag XKR? Depends on what you will use it for, doesn't it? Why can some people not grasp this? Not eveyone is looking for the same thing.

i won't even touch the XKR vs. hummer. let's just say i have feelings there.

and as for the M3, the M3 is superiority to the corvette in lots of ways, it is well more luxurious, higher quality (lots of qualitative measures of this), more passenger space, more trunk space, more features, higher resale value, higher grade engineering, but the one area the M3 is inferior in, if only by a mild margin, is the one that counts the most, performace. And to me, that brings the race back to what are your values, top performance, or all the other stuff.

but alot less practical use and loss of handlin, then the ZO6 is 4 u.

You guys are impossible -- How many times does it have to be said? THE Z06 HANDLES BETTER THAN THE M3

And Jterp i'd like to see numbers or nething to prove that the ZO6 owns the M3.

I never said there were any such numbers. Try reading all of the posts before you open your mouth. I said "I have seen no numbers that say the M3 owns." That was in direct response to someone else's claim that such evidence existed. IN no way did I imply that I had similar but opposite evidence.

the M3 is superiority to the corvette in lots of ways, it is well more luxurious, higher quality (lots of qualitative measures of this), more passenger space, more trunk space, more features, higher resale value, higher grade engineering, but the one area the M3 is inferior in, if only by a mild margin, is the one that counts the most, performace

Well said, Fox. A few points to add -- If you want questionable service/maintenance at an outrageous price, buy the M3. If you want an overly complicated electrical system that is prone to gremlins, buy the M3. If you want the price of bolt-on modifications to be 3 times what they be with any other car, buy the M3. If you don't want to ever modify your car for more power, buy the M3. If 'what kind of car you drive' is more important to you than 'what your car can do,' buy the M3. If you are buying a car that will be your only car, then by god buy the M3. If you want a more conservative looking car, buy the M3. If you want a car that is much, much faster than the M3, buy the Z06. If you want the best handling car, buy the Z06. If you want to be able to tune your car to ungodly high hp & torque numbers, buy the Z06. If you want an agressive look car, buy the Z06. If a v-8 rumble sounds better to you than a straigh 6 buzz, buy the Z06.

straight six buzz. I'm sorry, but i'd happily take that straight six "buzz" to a V8's "rumble" any day. I thought the old straight six powered M5s sound better than the new V8 ones. I will however admit, the exhaust note from the M3 is not stellar.

The M3's warrantee is twice as long, it has free standard maintainance for 60,000 miles, to the vette's 0, and consumer reports shows the M3 far above vette in quality.

BMW parts are not outrageous, corvette parts are expensive too, M3 part might be a bit above a vette part, but not by much, remember, just cause it says chevy on it doesn't mean parts will be cheap. parts for a cavalier: cheap, parts for a corvette: expensive. see the correlation.

but that isn't the point. They are both fast cars, they are both good cars, it just depends where your priorities lay which is better for you.

Right on J, The ZO6, or any Corvette for that matter, is a not incredibly practical, fat-tired, two passenger sports car with minimal cargo capacity by design, and makes no attempt to compete with the M3 in regards to luxury and practicality, no pretense whatsoever. And should not be seen as faulty for it's lack of these.

If luxury and practicality combined with world-class sport coupe performance are of utmost importance to one, one should buy an M3, and they will be very happy.

The ZO6 is not " refined ", practical or very luxurious. But what you get in return is a very capable, very dedicated sports car, with an awesome degree of potential for further tuning. If this is what is of utmost importance to one, one would be well served to buy a Corvette, and they will be very happy. So all the luxury and practicality people in their M3's, and all the hard core performance people in their Corvettes' can go driving, like one big happy family.

straight six buzz. I'm sorry, but i'd happily take that straight six "buzz" to a V8's "rumble" any day

Then, as I said, buy the M3 ...

The M3's warrantee is twice as long, it has free standard maintainance for 60,000 miles, to the vette's 0, and consumer reports shows the M3 far above vette in quality.

Regardless of what CS says, the engines on the M3's blew up after 10,000 miles.... that is not quality. (I know they were replaced -- that doesn't negate the fact that they shouldn't have exploded in the first place.)

Free standard maintenance = oil changes. -- I do that myself.

All in all -- this = not enough to change my mind.

BMW parts are not outrageous

I beg to differ! BMW service rates here are literally TWICE the per hour rate of the Chevy dealer. $1400 to do pads and rotors?? :-? As far as aftermarket stuff costs -- compare the prices at Corsa vs. the prices at Dinan --

D elay

I nvesting --

N ew

A ir intake

N eeded

sergio right on everything you said , j trep im sry buddy that u cant read what i am saying maybe you should go in grade 4 to learn how to read properly and not me in grade 5 to learn to write...Lets make a poll like sergio said to see which people prefer .. the parts for bmw are more expensive then the corvette that is true but then the bmw doesnt break down liek the corvette and all the money you spend on corvettes gas you can afford the parts no problem for the bmw. lets end this, you like the corvette and i like the M3 thats it, u have your reasons and i have mine. OVERALL M3 DOES OWN THE Z06 thats a fact of life u gota live with it. M3 does have a worst exaust note stock then the Z06 but i have the borla exhaust and the euro spec exhaust system and im telling you honestly, the sound it makes is awsome which the corvettes sound doesnt come close to. I enjoy the "bzzz" from the straight 6 much more then the "rumble" from the V8 but thats just me.

hmmm i wonder what most people will pick??? i dont know if you noticed but this is a pridominantly BMW website, and if not BMW, definetly eauropean. what will it be??? 3 for the vette and the rest for the M3?

The BMW doesn't break down like the Corvette.

Do you have solid evidence to support your assumption that Corvettes' break down more than the M3? If not, it's an opinion.

Lets end this, you like the Corvette and I like the M3 thats it, u have your reasons and I have mine.

Yes, let's end this.

OVERALL M3 DOES OWN THE Z06 thats a fact of life u gota live with it.

Jterp does not have to " live with " this, because this is also opinion. I thought you said you wanted to end this.

Most members don't want to witness a bitch fest and thats' a fact, I'm pretty sure. So stop insulting each other's intelligence, and whining about which car owns the other. It's been long established, way before this thread, that they both fulfill their own niches admirably, so shut up already!

Yes, this is a strongly BMW site, but some of us do like the Corvette, and I'm sure some prefer it. I'm not going to be the one to create a poll for this, as that would just add fuel to what ever fire is already running rampant in this argument. This Corvette vs. M3 thing has been going on for way too long, in my opinion. :wink:

Can we plz jus shuddup and have a poll made.

When we make this poll we agree that w/e the outcum maybe u DO NOT and i repeat again DO NOT make comments after.

Jus let the poll decide for itself then shuddup and deal with it.

I'm with LNC, i can't stand repetition and repeated bitchin at each other and bout ya'lls lives.

It's annoyin as hell and i'm pretty sure it is to everybody else around here.

Let's jus do this and get it over with.

Thread is Way to long much like the 700+HP SL65 topic, give it a rest.

Whatever, we can have a poll. But everyone understand that this is simply a poll to decide which car, the Corvette/ZO6 or the M3 more Carpassion members prefer. Not a superiority competiton. So no " I told you so. " crap, any of that will be deleted. Lets' have some peace and quiet again. Fox can do the honors if he likes, since he moderates Compares.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...