EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M3 vs. CORVETTE

g-unit marko

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jupiter Island is the highest concentration of wealth in the U.S. i believe. Exactly what that intails, I don't know.

Money magazine made a list fo the most expensive real estate markets in the country. They determined real estate value by the average sale price of two bedroom houses of a certain size in the past year. My zip code was on the list too :)

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 129
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

for 55k, the highest performing stock car you can buy is the ZO6. I believe the best car you can buy to be the M3, which has 5/6 of the performance, much higher quality, refinement, and more room for muffy and buffy than the ZO6, but that's just my opinion.

And not all country clubs are like that. Every one i've been to has been pretentious, and i am a product of the 80s, and in the 80s, the corvette was called by consumer reports "the lowest build quality of any north american produced car" aside from just generally coming off as cheap, red-neck, and sorta cheeky.

Yeah well Back to the Future is out on DVD, Lucas is making more Star Wars movies, and we are not about to go to war with Russia. Things have changed in the car world too.

The vette still doesn't have the class or prestige a 911, an M3, a CLK55, or a boxster holds. they have improved greatly since the 80s, but i don't think they are there yet. Maybe the C6 will be what is needed to change things.

Boxster, a car with class or prestige? Hahaha. Most car people I know make fun of boxsters (and their rainbow bumper stickers) when they drive by. Different strokes for different folks.

don't be a prick.

the boxster doesn't have the prestige of a 911, granted. Our next porsche will be a 911 targa, but this sure isn't bad.

and because it is a porsche, it has prestige. or maybe it's just because i look so good driving it.

And country club chicks don't dig mopars. In fact, most girls i know don't like old muscle cars. sadly, most girls ask me not to break triple digits on the onramp with the top down (which is why i have a thing for chicks with ponytails, they just don't care)

And if you think the 5 cubic feet of trunk space ZO6 has is a real trunk, you are sad. It fits like one tennis bag. It's just as small as the one on the boster, except that the boxster has 2 trunks. You can't fit a 3rd person in the back of a corvette unless they are under 5' (tested with my buddy's), not too big on cargo space either (not good for groceries since it gets damn hot back there). The convertible's trunk is a joke.

And i'm somewhat of a gentleman, i wouldn't make muffy or buffy sit with groceries. That isn't nice.

I don't know about property values, but net worth wise, mountain brook was #2, it was all old old money. Birmingham is the banking capital of the south, and there is plenty of old confederate money there. These people were the fourth or fifth in line to inherit their money, there were butlers, lavish parties, everyone had a house in savanah or hilton head, or maybe down in panama city (where i am originally from) as a beach place.

And you know what, i find it gross and intolerant that you would seek to offend someone just because of how they were raised. Flick them off just because of who they are, because an exotic european luxury car excites them more than something fast? Going fast isn't how everyone defines cars, i'll admit i like it, but there is more to a car than quarter mile and horsepower. So if you would give them the bird just because they are of different opinion, and were raised a different way, you'd make a great racist. Intollerance is intollerance. You can disagree with how someone elects to live, but it isn't your right to tell them they can't do it if it doesn't affect you. You are going to be bitter at them because they were born into old old money and have never known anything else? I don't think that's fair.

So as one of the guys in a golf shirt standing around a european car at the country club, i can say we'd like to flick you off back, but we've been trained otherwise.

I don't hate on you Latenight, i just wanted to explain part of my position on cars is where i came from. I don't give you crap about where you came from.

everyone's opinion on cars was effected by how and where they grew up, it isn't all of it, for instance, i'd own a pickup truck happily, I'm not "old money" enough to believe i'm too good to work in my own yard, to tow my own boat, and haul my own crap around. A good ford F-150 would be great. I love fixing stuff.

The M3 is the total package, it's more or less everything you'd want in a car. The vette ZO6 does outperform it, but like everything else, it's a trade off, you get what you pay for, if you get more peformance for a lower price, you have to give something else.

The ZO6 is the hardcore performance enthusiasts car. M3 is more the edge of the envelope performing every day driver.

And you talk about the vette being on the 10 best list, the 3 Series has been on it every years since 1986, that is a reccord.

Your right fox,the BMW 3 series has been in C&D top 10 more times than any other car in C&D history.It also said in one of my C&D issues that the M3 was thier favorite car from there favorite car company.

fox is right in saying that the vette doesnt have as much prestige as the M3. when i think of a vette ( even though it outperforms the m3) i think of a cheap american sports car. im not saying its bad but thats just the image in my head. i love the zo6, a good friend of mine has one. most american cars have this stereotype of having redneck drivers. " buy american" just like my friend with the zo6, he tries to dress in aramani, but he has that redneck blood that makes him stand out. sure he looks the same, but as soon as he talks.. :D no accent or anything, just his way of thinking.

when i think of the M3 i think of a sports car with the total package. plenty of frills and thrills. even it is slower than the zo6 i would take it because of the backseat. the m3 is much more practical, and comfortable. plus im a big pro- everything thats not american advocate ( in the car sense) anyway both are great cars, with totally different images. performance goes to the vette ( but with a motor of that size it should be faster) and comfort and utility goes to the bmw. both are great cars for different people. it depends what you want.

Ok jterp u REALLY confuse the shit outta me.

Since your so diehard bout the corvette better than the M3.

Then how cum u don't have a '99 Corvette in ur car pool instead of that '99 M3.

I think ur car pool says wat u TRUELY feels the best or else u'd have a corvette there and not a M3.

Cuz it seems 2 me like u've already made ur decision along time ago riiiiiiiiight?

The debate we're having here is about $52k cars. As LNC and fox will attest to, I bought my M3 about 3 months ago. I wanted the best performing car for under $20k to use for track events and autocrosses. The E36 M3 - (which is an entirely different animal than the E46 M3 we are talking about her) proved to be that car. The cheapest z06 I could find at the time was still over $30k.

And country club chicks don't dig mopars

I beg to differ, son. See fox this is one of those instances where you really don't know what you're talking about but you try to come up with an answer anyway. Have you ever dated a girl who's family belonged to a country club while owning an old mopar? No, you haven't -- so why try to pretend you know? Trust me, we won't think any less of you if you admit to not knowing a couple things. :o

And you know what, i find it gross and intolerant that you would seek to offend someone just because of how they were raised. Flick them off just because of who they are, because an exotic european luxury car excites them more than something fast?

That's not what he said -- he was reacting to your claim that country club folks automatically assume that you are trash if you roll up in a vette.

(Which you claimed they did in an earlier post but now are backpedaling and saying they are just victims of society being persecuted for having money_ - which is it?

no, i'm pretty sure that he said he'd flick off the guys sitting around complementing each other on how rich they were and how nice their european cars are.

I just think that's unfair.

And of the girls i've dated from the country club, none have ever showed any sign they found old american muscle cars attractive. I took one to the philadelphia international auto show, GM had a classic GTO there with the new one, "I said, wow a classic goat", to which she said "the old one?, ick" My guess is that along that line of reasoning, the old hemi wouldn't score too hot either.

I'm just saying, amongst the people i grew up with, very few girls liked cars, and next to none were impressed by classic american muscle cars. To them, some cute NEW car was pretty. Oh well. I suppose there might be one out there jterp.

And there are lots of things I don't know the first thing about. People at country clubs and cars are not those things.

Now let's move on.

The 3 series has gotten on the top 10 more than any other car, despite the fact the corvette has been around a lot longer. You heard him in the post a few back, C & D called M3 their favorite car from their favorite manufacturer. The M3 just seems to have so much more to offer.

If the extra few tenths of a seccond matter to you enough to give up the long list (which i've named more than once) of things that the corvette is inferior in, more power to you, the vette is a better track car. no doubt.

i just don't drive on the track every day, i'd like a fast car i can drive every day - which has room for my crap, i can haul people around in, have the nice plush interior, and have the quality that i don't have to worry about it failing me. So for my life now, i'd buy the M3, hands down, if i were buying a car for the track, you're right, i'd have no reservations at all about gettng a ZO6. It is a great performing machine.

But for my life, which entails mostly just day to day driving, the M3 is the better car, and i'd give up the few tenths of a seccond for the practicality and luxury. Some people wouldn't. It's all preference.

Fox, I don't mean to offend you, or anyone else in the higher income brackets unless they try to look down upon others themselves. You should know I'm not that sort by now, or my posts would be filled with a lot of " F you! " and " F that! " I drive two BMWs' so who am I to judge people based merely upon their money? I'm also not in the habit of flipping people off I've never met, as in driving by an anonymous country club. I'm actually very polite, and I even wear a black leather jacket :) .

Although I should point out that you've mentioned flipping a guy off on the road for having an M badge on his 330i. About BMW being C&D's favorite carmaker, thats' no surprise. Chevy only makes a few real enthusiasts cars if that. I also know a very pretty pretty redhead who " likes Chevelles, and kind of likes Ferraris'. " her own words.

ferraris and lamborghinis excite all girls. my alfa romeo didn't do too bad either. well, i was the butt of a lot of "the graduate" jokes, but otherwise.

And driving BMWs is a good thing. :D

I'm really as much a black sheep as they come from the "upper income brakcets". We are what they would call "newer" money, meaning we had nothing before my grandfathers on both sides. my parrents are the typical neuveau riche, and I'm your run of the mill radical left wing democrat who generally differs from the family on most issues. Some bits still stick with me, like i still fence and sail, but i don't hand around the club as much anymore, but yeah, don't worry about it, it just sounded like you hated someone for the circumstances they were born into.

And i did flick off the 330i with an M3 badge, he chose to put that there, and that is sin :D

no, i'm pretty sure that he said he'd flick off the guys sitting around complementing each other on how rich they were and how nice their european cars are.

I just think that's unfair.

But it's fair that they judge someone as "trashy" because they drive an equally priced AMERICAN car?

And of the girls i've dated from the country club, none have ever showed any sign they found old american muscle cars attractive

And because you don't know one girl who like classic cars, none exist. After you're done engaging in the logical fallacy of hasty generalization, borrow a drop top muscle car and see how many girls say "ick" when you offer a ride.

I agree with most of your post -- what we each are looking for in a car are different things -- don't agree with this though

and have the quality that i don't have to worry about it failing me

Bmw's break down too -- hell the engine's explode after 10k miles!

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo g-unit marko,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I'd like to get into fencing myself, and ball room dancing too. Fox you said among people you grew up with, few ever liked old muscle cars, but didn't you say that around your neck of the woods you all idolized the 400 V8 like some do the Hemi?

Well anyway, lets all put an end to the hostilities. We all know where that can lead. Like the Mercedes 7-Speed Transmission thread, which has become incredibly long by the way. That went from transmissions, to virtual death threats, and back to general car talk :D .

ZO6 is a step up from the standard Vette, maybe a few, and the M3 is just the M3. But the ZO6 and M3 happen to share the same price range. So one ( M3 ) is a " standard " and the other ( ZO6 ) is a " special " model, although not limited production by any means. They both cost around the same, so thats' what matters most. As you can imagine, the M3 CSL is no $50,000, and not nearly as accessible as the ZO6 and M3.

They are in the same comparison bracket, but only because they are both powerful cars. Thats about all they share. But the ZO6 with a CSL would not really be a fair comparison, for the very fact that the CSL has gone through much more of a metamorphoses from the standard M3 than the ZO6 has from the standard Vette.

G marko - I can't find a complete sentence or rational argument in your entire post. As far as I can tell, you think you are correct but offer no reason why. I will reply in that same manner (but much more coherent) I am right, you are wrong.

buddy i told u all the fuken reasons go read them again, like polar said why would you want a car that rattles like crazy and the ride comfort sux just like you :evil: when u can driive a BMW with alot equal performace plus attract many people to it and take some ladies for a spin.u set the Z06 to be better for dumb reasons that it is only a liittle better in performace but then overall is shit compare to the M3. corvette are also cheaper then the M3 used by a lot then buy that and not an M3 u fool.!!!

I think what Jterp meant, is that anyone who has a point to make, should make it in a non-judgmental, diplomatic way. " Facts " should be backed by real facts, and opinions should be expressed as such.

I think what Jterp meant, is that anyone who has a point to make, should make it in a non-judgmental, diplomatic way. " Facts " should be backed by real facts, and opinions should be expressed as such.

For all u ghetto ppl out there LNC is tryin 2 say,

if u gotta opinion express yoself fool, don't be hatin when sumbody up and give u demmmm words.

If u gon talk smack bout cars yo den back yo shit up wid da real thang player and not sum whack shit :D:D

exactly i did and i will say it again that a corvette was a lil better in performance but the BMW is in almost everything else . LOOK at all the specs of each car and overall if u come to conclude that the corvette is better holla at me which i doubt will hapen..dats all im sayin and if u think im ghetto buddy ur off its internet so i just cut the words up to type it all faster :D

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...