EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Anti_Theft fro a CLK

mis3

Empfohlene Beiträge

I just picked a new 2004 CLK320 coupe and I am wondering how good is the stock anti-theft system. As usual, the owner manual has only minimum information. For instance, if there's an intrusion, how long will the siren be? Furthermore, would I be notified and how would I know of a previous intursion when I return to my car later on?

With my previous car, the car key has a computer chip which matches another chip at the ignition. How about the MB key? Any silimar mechanism?

I am wondering should I get a after-market anti-theft system for my new car...

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Are you kidding me? MB cars have been deemed virtually unstealable, unless they got ahold of your car keys and even then it's going to be a almost impossible to get in. Well to be honest if somebody really really wants to steal your car and puts their mind into it they can but oppertunity thieves have no chance at all.

The stock MB alarm not only immobelizes your car by cutting off the fuelpump and startermotor but also all the electronics in the car, inlcusing the ECU.

If they get into your car the alarm will sound for 60 secs, if after 60 secs it still detects somebody fooling around with your car it will continue for another 3 mins but then louder and with another tone.

If you have keyless-go on your car, you have one of the best antitheft systems in the world. Unless somebody gets ahold of your carkeys then cannot start the car.

If you have teleaid you can set wether the car notifies you or not. This can be via cellphone, pager or even email.

I don't know what country you're from but over here in Europe the MB cars come with two 700 page manuals. Well my S did anywayz. If you did not get all the manuals that should be in your car then go back to your dealer and ask them for one. I've been hearing about US dealers taking manuals out the cars so they can sell them later on.

If you also want to know all about the smartkey functions, which you probably don't know because you don't seem to have the correct manuals, then just ask.

I dunno bout "unstealable" but i useta havva friend (now in jail) that useta boost MB's all the time along

with many bmw's and smaller non-worth mentioning vehicles.

I even asked him how hard it is to steal MB's mainly cuz of G in 60secs.

He said it was hard at 1st but its pretty simple once u get it down pat.

But he won't hafta wry bout that for a very long time now will he :P

Like I said, if you set your mind to it then you could steal one. If your car is marked by a pro then there's nothing you can do about it. Well actually there is because with tele-aid you can track the car almost anywhere in the world and to get rid of that you need to strip the car of half it's electronics.

I've seen some demo videos sold on the blackmarket which teach howto do it. What they do is reprogram just about every computer in the car so it's always on and doesn't need the secure activation code. But todo this you need about 30 mins to 2 hours depending on the model and the options it has.

MB CEO has said that they could make the cars even more unstealable but that would only get in the way or inconvinience the driver. He also scetched some very scary scenarios.

Apparently thieves don't bother with forcing the locks on the car anymore, instead they break into the house of the owner and steal the keys. Now they could have some form of voice, retina or fingerprint ID in the car (MB did have a working model of that) but they're afriad that instead of just taking the keys thieves would start chopping off body parts of the owners.

They are satisfied with the level of security they have rightnow and if you're carefull with your keys the chances of your MB getting stolen are almost none. Oppertunity thieves have no chance at all.

there are down sides to ultra safe cars. A lock smith can't open my 12 year old 318i, my jaguar, nor my porsche if he wanted to, each requires a new key be cut from the key code, should you lock all keys in there. I think jaguar can unlock the jag remotely, but i'm not sure (never had to find out).

Mercedes (esp. new ones) are very hard to steal.

Unfortunatly, no the car does not notify you when you get back, but then again a forced lock or a broken window kinda sais enough doesn't it? ;)

Like I said if you have tele-aid then it will notify you while somebody is trying to break in which is much more usefull.

yes, that is the call you'd love to get during dinner, you put down your fork to answer your cell and hear "This is mercedes benz, someone is attempting to break into your vehicle".

I suppose it would be very worthwhile though.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...