EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Eggy vs Pagy

8-ball

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I would deffinately go with the Pagani. Both are extremely rare, both go way too fast to even matter. I like the fact that you can buy a Pagani, which is an area I hope Koenigsegg is working on. I think the Zonda looks way better than the Egg, and thats why it gets my vote. It is the epitome of exotica.

the egg is faster to 60, in the quarter mile, handles better both the skidpad and slalom, has more topspeed - and if it matters - legroom.

It has more power, less money, and last I heard, a guy in ohio is taking delivery - so they very much are for sale.

And if a pagani can be serviced by a mercedes dealer, a ford dealer could fix your egg, whose engine is very similar to the one that goes into the Mustang Cobra, it's gearbox is very alike the one that goes into ford GT, except for some reason they both just work better in the egg, and again - the whole it is better in all measurable ways for less money.

Ok, show me a Koenigsegg dealership. And I wouldn't trust a Ford dealership to make repairs on my Egg. I'm not too sure I would want Mercedes mechanics working over my Pagani either, but Ford, hell no. There is a reason that the Ford parts work better in the Egg than in the Ford vehicles, it's because Koenigseeg did the installation, callibration, monkeying-around, or whatever goes into putting one together and Ford did not. The Egg can go 20 mph faster than the Pagani, but when that 20 mph is in the 220-240 braket, I dont think it matters much because we all know that if we were blessed to own one of these cars, it would never see that. Grip and acceleration are the only things that you could see driving every day, but I dont think I need 1.15 g's, .98 is good enough for me, and if it's not good enough for you, you need to reconsider some things. 3.2 to 3.7 0-60, ok, yeah, Egg gets my vote here. Personally though, the Pagani is far supreme from a design standpoint. A true supercar must have a few things (in my opinion): top speed in excess of 200 mph, 0-60 <4.2 sec, >.95 g's, exotic materials. In addition, I believe that it should be Italian or German (with few exceptions ie:S7,Mclaren), and it shoud have a V12 or higher (although, I do consider the Carerra Gt a supercar). These are my opinions of course, but that is how I justify choosing the Pagani over the Koenigsegg, while money is no option of course.

last I heard, a guy in ohio is taking delivery - so they very much are for sale.

Yeah, he probably ordered when he was 35, and now he's old and grey and gave up driving years ago. :wink:

Eggy is the biggest pile of overhyped crap ever. More important than a car's on paper stats, is how a car feels, and how it makes you feel while driving it. With the Eggy, you can take pride in the fact that you have an obscure Swedish exotic ( powered by a Ford parts, so much for Swedish flagship exotic ) You can take pride in the fact that you didn't spend as much as the guy in the Pagani, and have more ultimate grip than he. But the Pagani is the true star.

Also you must think of other qualities. Now a days it's all HP and the size of the engine. The Koenigsegg has a V-8 and The Pagani has a V-12 but yet the Koenigsegg still beats the Pagani in performance. Since the Koenigsegg has the smaller engine it would cost less on gas and as thepolarfoxqx said, it has more legroom. The Swedish are arguably the safest auto makers in the world so the Koenigsegg is probably safer. And last but not least, the doors. The best doors are scissor doors because they require less room to open. The worst are the ones that come up because they require the most room. So let's look at the Scoreboard shall we.

Koenigsegg

-price (just saying)

-gas

-doors

-performance

-safety

Pagani

-mercedes will work on

-Italian

I would say I would take the Koenigsegg.

Eggy is the biggest pile of overhyped crap ever. More important than a car's on paper stats, is how a car feels, and how it makes you feel while driving it. With the Eggy, you can take pride in the fact that you have an obscure Swedish exotic ( powered by a Ford parts, so much for Swedish flagship exotic ) You can take pride in the fact that you didn't spend as much as the guy in the Pagani, and have more ultimate grip than he. But the Pagani is the true star.

Please tell me how the egg is a overhyped piece of crap?

It beats most if not every exotic/super exotic out there with jus a V-8 supercharged.

With the Eggy, you can take pride in the fact that you have an obscure Swedish exotic ( powered by a Ford parts, so much for Swedish flagship exotic )

Bro it sounds like u have suffin against sweden.

With the Zonda, u can take pride in the fact that u have an Italian exotic ( powered by a 7.3L Mercedes V-12, well so much for Italian exotic too huh? )

I'm not to sound bout havin nething Ford in an exotic or supercar.

But they turned a pos motor and made it into an outstandin one that is smooth and very powerful.

C'mon LateNight how can the Pagani be the "true star" when its gettin killed at every

lil segment when put up against the CC.

I find it very impressive becuz it has a V-8! supercharged that has 100 more hp than zonda's v-12.

And to me it looks a helluva lot better. I even asked mom and dad which would they choose.

Mom chose the Koenigsegg CC jus by lookin at it becuz she don't know all this "hp stuff" as she calls it.

My dad chose the Koenigsegg CC over the Zonda by looks

and performance, sayin its a better value.

It's 397lbs lighter, 100hp more with only a v-8 supercharged, 2.7L smaller, 4/10th of a second faster in 0-60, faster in 1/4 mile, 20mph faster in its top speed.

So tell me how its a overhyped pos bro cuz i don't see it.

I was using crap figuratively. Of course the Eggy is not crap, but I do think it is overrated, with as much effort, from so many people it should be good, and it took them long enough. Now if they would just step out of the shadows and get real with marketing it. How can they really call it a production car the way it is now?

I have nothing against Sweden, but however good they have made the supercharged V8 in the Egg, I doubt it has the " refinement " and tractibility of the Pagani's V12. Pagani is a true star because it's a true independant entry in the exotic field, coming basically from nowhere, and re-writing the rulebook. Egg is an national effort, backed with endless support. I don't know what the warranty is on the Zonda, although the engine probably enjoys a standard Mercedes warranty, I'm not sure, but the Egg has only a two year coverage on mechanicals. An Italian exotic with AMG power, it could be worse. And even I won't go so far as to say that the Ford engine is shit.

first off, you my freind defended american engines more than once, you can't blast it here. Seccondly, the engine is manufactured in italy of custom F1 grade parts, it is based off of a ford design, and is still essentially the same engine, simply modified to be stronger and have more power, but built in italy to F1 specs. The engine is then tested and given the final assembly in sweden. it is a true racing grade motor.

And if you say it is overhyped, it outperforms the zonda in every single performance category, as well as having more storage space :D

the best part, they are making the egg better all the time. I've spoken with koenigsegg (this is by the way, my favorite of all cars), they tell me if i said to them today i wanted one, i could have it inside a year most likely. Not bad for an exotic. It should be straight legal for the US inside 18 months too, no special importation issues (which is a lot of the delay now). Oh, when you find a pagani dealer, tell me.

the egg is a better performer, and if you saw jeremy's review, he found it a complete blast to drive, and remember now, 3.7 secconds to 60 vs 3.2, the egg is 20% faster, that is substantial. handling is 15% better, that is pretty substantial too, and my guess is that this is a car you'd play with a bit on the track, so you'd notice.

I'm not trashing the American motor, I know it's highly upgraded, Skyline was refering to this engine in it's basic form as a pos, which I think it a bit much. Think of what the Zonda could do with a race spec engine of it's own.

I don't dispute the Eggy's abilities, but I think any car with that kind of time, money, energy, and resources put into it should be that good, so in that sense, the end result should be no surprise. Remember, the Egg has yet to really prove itself in a real racing situation, the closest it's come to LeMans so far is the opening day parade.

If you'd ever like a Zonda though, contact Nastasi Imports Inc. in Long Island City New York, home of Pagani Automobili of North America.

Fucck it hell i'd jus buy both of them if i could and play with all the lil ricers and dumbasses that think they could take me on a roll downtown :lol:

I think the front of the zonda is EXTREMELY beautiful but the back is fuckin horrid its so ugly.

Other than that i would buy the zonda but GOD suffin has GOT to be done bout the hideous back.

But all in all i'd buy both, goto the track, annihilate nebody and everybody who stands in my way,

brag bout it in their faces and then leave home happy and knowin i embarrassed them all that day.

I'm jus kinda in love with the Eggy right now becuz its an extremely gorgeous car and it would slap dat

ass all over the track against everybody.

Certainly, straight from the New College Dictionary of Ghettoese -

Fucck it hell i'd jus buy both of them if i could and play with all the lil ricers and dumbasses that think they could take me on a roll downtown :lol:

{ He would purchase the Egg and the Pagani, then drive both to Arby's for a Jamocha milk shake. }

I think the front of the zonda is EXTREMELY beautiful but the back is fuckin horrid its so ugly.

Other than that i would buy the zonda but GOD suffin has GOT to be done bout the hideous back.

{ He thinks the Zonda is very beautiful, but that they must have been smoking crack when designing the tail. He has faith in God that they will correct this though. Compliments to the chef none the less. He would still buy a Zonda. }

But all in all i'd buy both, goto the track, annihilate nebody and everybody who stands in my way,

brag bout it in their faces and then leave home happy and knowin i embarrassed them all that day.

{ Feeling a strange attraction for the Zonda despite it's tail, he would buy that and the Egg, them proceed to break every traffic law in the book, for the sole purpose of showing off to the kids down at Central High. }

I'm jus kinda in love with the Eggy right now becuz its an extremely gorgeous car and it would slap dat

ass all over the track against everybody.

{ Overall though, he has a fetish for the Egg right now, and would love if it could slap his ass until the break of dawn. }

Is that correct Skyline? :P

wow, skyline sounds like a crack addict, and latenight is a freak.

but thanks for the translation.

No doubts pagani has more style, it is italian, it should, but in terms of performance (which is what counts), the egg owns.

Please specify exactly where that kind of performance counts, becuase I am willing to bet that 95% or more of the total production of both cars will never see signifigant track time, if at all.

haha yeah sumwat like i said in a more comical version except this part lol

{ Feeling a strange attraction for the Zonda despite it's tail, he would buy that and the Egg, them proceed to break every traffic law in the book, for the sole purpose of showing off to the kids down at Central High. }

Is that correct Skyline? :P

I'm not sum kid that likes to go around braggin at sum high school when i've been out for 3 years. :)

I luv ya LNC ur fuckin hilarious with ur translations. Thats in a NON-queerish way btw. :lol:

Maybe i should talk more "ghetto-ese" so i can see wat other translations u can make out of my words. :P

• 4 Wochen später...

I agree that the Egg outperforms the Zonda in just about everything and is the better value...But no one seems to have mentioned that the Egg has no power steering, no ABS, etc. etc.

Now, my question for everyone that picked the Egg, which one would you be more comfortable to drive?

For what it's worth, I have nothing against the Egg, and I think both cars are great, both performs way BEYOND everyones driving skill...But I just can't imagine driving a car whose name translates into "knife's edge" unless it's on a perfect day, on the perfect road, with no traffic.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...