EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

fastest

Mongrel

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

the fastest "official" production car is the McLaren F1, at a little over 240mph, other cars may have gone faster, but they either A: did not meet the standards for "production car", or did not officially do the run. You would need to modify a skyline pretty far to press north of 240mph.

what about the Bugatti 16/4 Veyron? i heard that might beat a mclaren.

The stock Skyline R34 GT-R (the fastest of the skylines) tops out at 158mph

then why are they so flippin' expensive? i could put $500 into a Lightning and make it do that 8)

Shut your mouth! Please not the Veyron! I wouldn't even say the Veyron is a supercar, it's a extreme car yes, but not a supercar. Comparing the Veyron to the F1 is just not done.

The KoenigsEgg might do it, but it doesn't qualify as a production car aswell yet. Unofficial specs say it can go faster and if you use your common sense you'll know it can, but we won't know untill it actually goes for the run.

Back in the days, before the F1 wen't for the official run, McLaren said it could do 230 something. Then it went for the record and did an amazing 242, I'm just hoping the same is true for te KoenigsEgg.

Shut your mouth! Please not the Veyron! I wouldn't even say the Veyron is a supercar, it's a extreme car yes, but not a supercar. Comparing the Veyron to the F1 is just not done.

well sooorry for popping your bubble buddy, i dont even know what the veyron is, i just heard it might beat it :x

the thing is. The veyron has a lot of issues still. It hasn't been made stable, the have not even built the FACTORY that will make the veyron, it is a ways out yet. It might be able to do it, it's projected top speed is 252, but it's yet to be tested or proven.

Koenigsegg could probably do it, they just have to get to doing it.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Mongrel,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I would agree that turbocharging is a bit like cheating in a way. It's like some kind of life support allowing the engine to perform in a manner that it would not be able to otherwise. The turbo afterall is not really an integral part of the engine, but rather an auxiliary.

An engine must be naturally asperated in order to be "pure". Any kind of assistance is simply a helpmate, or a "cheat ", albeit an entertaining one.

dont look at it as cheating. look at it as the final step in tuning a car. after all you can take the most well built NA engine in the world, and make it faster with turbos. 2 identical engines fully tuned... one NA, one FI. the FI will always have more power.

there is no way you can sit there and say that an NA m3 is faster than a supercharged M3. no way, never gonna happen. an m3 with FI will always be faster than an NA m3. and if its compression thats the issue with the M3 then just get lower compression piston to run higher boost. basically in order to make power you need high compression. so if you go the NA route you need high compression pistons. with FI its low compression pistons becuase the turbo gets the job done.

there is no way you can sit there and say that an NA m3 is faster than a supercharged M3. no way, never gonna happen.

When did this become a discussion of which is fastest? I only said that some engines have absolutely no need for a turbo, which is the truth. Besides, mere turbocharging does not make for a faster car. If that were the case than turbo cars would rule the road - they don't. NA and FI both have individual benefits, and which are more valuable is really just a matter of personal taste.

ok, take the E36 M3, which can be turbocharged, slap a supercharger on it, it still isn't faster than the E46, which for a number of reasons can't be supercharged, both BMW 3.2L I6s, superchargers are not always faster.

Are you crazy? Superchargers are always faster than the NA equivalent, which is what he was saying. Of course if you take an 330i, slap a blower on, it won't be as fast as a CSL. You can't make comparisons like that when there are so many different viriables involved.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...