EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

rx-8... opinions?

djfux69

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

they just had a big scandle where apparently they overrated how much horsepower it had. I think it is a cool idea, the rotary engine and all, but i'd sooner see a lighter, more potent two seat RX-7 come here.

i agree, but it needs more power. 237hp is what the 6spd's rotary is now. That just isn't enough. The car is not light enough to pull that off. I'd like to see them cut serious weight from RX-7 and get the power atleast to 270ish, but i'm excited. I've always liked the idea of a rotary, it's just never been practical or worthwhile. Maybe things can change.

i feel the idea of the suicide doors without a dividing part of the frame is a cool idea but not for the performance minded. this is my speculation, but they couldve chopped off a decent amount of lbs. in have the traditional coupe, while maintaining the same chasis regidity. hopefully they wont cater to the stylish crowd with the rx7 and sway more twards performance.

i agree, but it needs more power. 237hp is what the 6spd's rotary is now.

237? they claim that but its more towards 210. comeone the drivetrain los cant be that much for it to dyno at 160. if it had 237 and it dynod at 160 its just pathetic.

Sport Compact Car did an article of the new rx-8. As everybody knows

Mazda proclaimed the RX-8 to have an output of 247hp then later revised their rating to

238hp becuz of owner's complainin about the hp loss on dynojet's.

Mazda offered either cash and free maintenance or a buyback to the 3,000 people or so that bought it.

Running the RX-8 on a dynojet it was putting the RX-8 against its rival the S2000.

They both ran the S2000 and the RX-8 on the dynojet.

The S2000 showed 202whp and 134lb/ft torque and the RX-8 showed 188whp and 135lb/ft torque.

They also did an analysis on the RX-8 with the seeminly accurate G-Tech Pro Competition.

Whilst on the road with ABS enabled it recorded 156hp and 106 lb/ft torque (4 of 6 runs), which is terribly sad.

Then it did it with the ABS disabled and it showed 139hp with 93lb/ft of torque (2 of 5 runs), even more sadly.

Those are based solely on the Sport Compact Car's article and it seems like they've seem pretty correct but who knows.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo djfux69,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

No they put ABS enabled and disabled in the article they prolly screwed up and meant traction control but maybe it is ABS.

Different vehicles act differently on similar things. So jus becuz RX-8 has a drastic decrease in HP with the

ABS disabled doesn't necessarily mean your bimmer or other cars will do the same.

There is no way that ABS is going to change a cars horsepower. I'm sorry, if you knew about cars, you'd know that. If you know about physics, or science at all, you'd know a G-Tech couldn't give an accurate horsepower reading. I'm sure you have a good excuse for that too right?

i'm only pointing out the fact, you should have realized that it isn't possible for ABS to drop over 10hp, much less drop 0-60 times, it may effect 60-0, but we aren't talking about this. I'm just asking, if you knew the stuff they said what messed up, why did you post it?

And pardon me for forgetting that i take orders from you. I won't make that mistake again masser.

you said being a smartass proves to be immature and ignorance in the first quote.

in the second quote i thought you were being a smartass like the little 6 year old that claims freedom of speach in kindergarden. if not a smartass then a dumbass, in which case i am wrong and appologize.

i thought you couldve made the connection... i guess i was wrong. im sorry.

you said being a smartass proves to be immature and ignorance in the first quote.

in the second quote i thought you were being a smartass like the little 6 year old that claims freedom of speach in kindergarden. if not a smartass then a dumbass, in which case i am wrong and appologize.

i thought you couldve made the connection... i guess i was wrong. im sorry.

There's no need for u 2 be sorry bout nethin cuz i don't want u 2 be sorry.

I'm sorry for goin off on u and i shouldn't have. Sorry if i've made a mess of this place.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...