EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Viper or Vette?

8-ball

if money were no object, who would you pick?  

1. 1. if money were no object, who would you pick?

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Can't handle it? No, i think a good number of the people who don't like it could easily handle it. Good drivers have a right to dislike a car with unstable and unpredictable characteristics that don't yield much gain. That's common sense. The cabin gets obscenely hot, the pedals are not centered, but placed uncomfortable far to the left, it vibrates, you stand no chance of getting measured throttle response, the car has two settings, idle and full bore, and there is next to no in-between. Also, for 85k, i don't want a car that has the same exact HVAC panel used in the 14k stratus.

The corvette has reasonably good measure on throttle response, there is some room to modulate, so it is capable as a daily driver. I've driven vettes in bad rain and even some snow, they handle it just fine. Viper is hairy if the roads are even wet. in fact, ABS is a new feature to it. The vette is fairly comfortable, doesn't have heat issue, is well refined, easily and predictably driven hard through corners, and not half as abnoxious to look at.

Can't handle it? No, i think a good number of the people who don't like it could easily handle it. Good drivers have a right to dislike a car with unstable and unpredictable characteristics that don't yield much gain. That's common sense. The cabin gets obscenely hot, the pedals are not centered, but placed uncomfortable far to the left, it vibrates, you stand no chance of getting measured throttle response, the car has two settings, idle and full bore, and there is next to no in-between. Also, for 85k, i don't want a car that has the same exact HVAC panel used in the 14k stratus.

The corvette has reasonably good measure on throttle response, there is some room to modulate, so it is capable as a daily driver. I've driven vettes in bad rain and even some snow, they handle it just fine. Viper is hairy if the roads are even wet. in fact, ABS is a new feature to it. The vette is fairly comfortable, doesn't have heat issue, is well refined, easily and predictably driven hard through corners, and not half as abnoxious to look at.

The car will bite back if you do something stupid, yes, but I don't think that it is unpredictable. ABS has been around since 2000. The interior is fine. I prefer it to the vettes. I've driven several vipers in the rain and managed to do fine in them. Once again, don't do anything stupid and you should be alright. I don't make a habit of driving a viper in the rain anyway, I don't wear sunglasses at night either. There is a time and a place for everything. When it rains, I don't want to drive fast anyway and getting a clean viper dirty by driving in the rain just isnt' worth it. I could go on and on about what is wrong with what you posted but it seems that you would rather just hate vipers. Fine.

You have to be a conservative driver in it in rain. If you sneeze and pop the gas, it goes crazy.

The viper is very impressive in its element, more so in that than the corvette is, but the corvette is just so much more versatile.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...