EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Viper or Vette?

8-ball

if money were no object, who would you pick?  

1. 1. if money were no object, who would you pick?

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Sorry have to go against the grain. many viper owners once had vettes. much fewer viper owners would ever miss there old vette. I had a lovely 98 c5 with a ati procharger and could not wait to get a hold of the final edition viper GTS. something about the hardtop vipers apeal to me for there visceral charm. wouldnt mind a z06 as a commuter car but it could never put the same smile on my face the gts gives me.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo 8-ball,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
on what grounds?

The viper has a performance edge straight from the showroom floor. So much can be done to both a vette and a viper in the aftermarket that really, either car can be made to do pretty much whatever you want it to do anyway, but stock, the viper has the edge.

I prefer the look of the viper to the vette. I see vettes all over the place which is fine but for a weekend toy, I'd rather have something that is a little more over the top. I was thinking that a vette would be a cool car to add as another daily driver but I would NEVER sell the viper for one. Noooooo way.

I just have more fun in the viper. For me, the viper is a toy. I don't need a larger trunk in a weekend car. I don't need better milage on a car I drive a few thousand miles a year. I don't need more ground clearance. I don't need more room inside. Leave those concerns to those that have to drive the same car every day. I have it for one reason and that is to enjoy driving it. I could have bought a vette and put the difference in price into the aftermarket and had a rocket. By the same token, I could have bought a ten year old used mustang and dumped a boatload of money into it and had an absolute beast. In the end, I just do not get as excited driving a vette as I do the vipers. Some people rag on the viper because the engine is huge. So what. That just adds to the thrill for me.

The viper is not made for everyone. It was not intended to be liked by everyone. It was made to be lusted after by a few.

I don't think the subject of weekend rocket ever came up, when the Viper or Vette question was asked. I chose a Vette on the grounds that it would be my only car. If your talking about a pure fun ride, than sure, I would choose a Viper, an old one.

I think the point of the discussion though was which one you could live with more comfortably. Practically, I would choose a Vette, for all out joy riding I could choose a Viper, although Vette is of course good for both.

the thing is, the ZO6 has weekend rocket performance in line with viper and day to day ability unlike the viper, how do you say no?

The viper outperforms the Z06. I don't care about using the car as a daily driver. I drove it to work today but it's not like I have to haul lumber in it or anything. I said no to the vette because the viper is more fun to drive. If I wanted cup holders, traction control, and room to put golf clubs, I would take one of my other cars.

I don't think the subject of weekend rocket ever came up, when the Viper or Vette question was asked. I chose a Vette on the grounds that it would be my only car. If your talking about a pure fun ride, than sure, I would choose a Viper, an old one.

I think the point of the discussion though was which one you could live with more comfortably. Practically, I would choose a Vette, for all out joy riding I could choose a Viper, although Vette is of course good for both.

I think that the weekend rocket is implied in the question. The average viper owner owns two of them on top of several other cars. I think that you will find the percentage of people who own a viper and nothing else is very small. The same could be said for lamborghini, Ferrari and so forth.

Would you rather have a mustang cobra or a vette? The mustang can hold 4 people, costs less, and is about as fast. It would be a better daily driver and could be of more practical use as would say... a minivan with some work done to it.

I'm sure many people have a Vette as their only car. So it qualifies as more than a weekend rocket, thus complicating the question.

A Murcielago vs. Enzo comparison of course would smack of weekend rocket.

I'm sure many people have a Vette as their only car. So it qualifies as more than a weekend rocket, thus complicating the question.

It complicates the question only if you do not have the option of having a daily driver to pick up stuff at home depot with.

All it said was if u had the money choose either or.

It never implied weekend rocket, daily driver or which 1 is more fun of the 2.

Personally i chose the Viper cuz of the GTS looks along with badass performance.

I'd also choose the Viper cuz of the SRT-10 with the same performance value held in mind.

I've driven a 99 RT-10 from my friend's dad let me drive it and it was awesome. A mad rush and i liked it.

I drove the ZO6 last year that my dad signed 2 test drive for a day and it was a 01 i believe.

It was still not as fun as the RT-10 and didn't get the double/triple take that the viper got.

Although the ZO6 is a good vette if u like them, i'll still take the viper.

I've driven a 99 RT-10 from my friend's dad let me drive it and it was awesome. A mad rush and i liked it.

I drove the ZO6 last year that my dad signed 2 test drive for a day and it was a 01 i believe.

It was still not as fun as the RT-10 and didn't get the double/triple take that the viper got.

Although the ZO6 is a good vette if u like them, i'll still take the viper.

Absolutly. The ZO6 is a great car. It just does not provide the same rush that a viper does, for myself. I felt the same way about the 911 turbo. Even my friend who has the 911 turbo said the same thing after driving my GTS. The viper is just more of a thrill to drive. I like to get a thrill out of driving my cars, hence my choice.

Mannn that sux 4 me, i've never had the pleasure of drivin an exotic be4.

Nearly had the chance to drive my friends dads testarossa but chickened out.

That'll prolly be the most i'll ever get a chance to drive one until i goto college and get a degree in something big.

but a 911 is generally a quicker car. The reason a viper is such a rush is that it isn't refined or relaxed like ZO6 or 911TT does.

The seat of the pants feel of the GTS vs. the 911 turbo by both me and my friend with the 911 turbo was that the viper was quicker. Having raced 911 turbos, on street tires, they slaughter me out of the hole. I just can't keep enough traction to come close to them until I am out of first gear and well into second if the road isn't very grippy. Once I have traction, it's not too big a deal to reel them in and pull ahead. Both are very fast cars that require a pretty decent driver to get the best out of them.

For me, it is the overall attitude of the viper that makes it a rush.

sure. I like cars that are icy and calm, that let me set the style of it. There is no cool customer driving in a viper, it's always a wild child. Seat of the pants it does feel faster. I didn't believe a 911 turbo was as fast after riding in the viper, but seeing them race, it was amazing. The 911 pulls so smoothly and in such a clean linear way you don't realize how fast it is, and the viper has that exciting shake and zoom thing going for it. Midrange the viper has more, but out of the hole and top end, the 911 turbo edges it.

• 2 Wochen später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...