EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Autobild on M6 & 6 conv.

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

i dont like either. i think BMW design is stepping towards MB design in the fact that it is now rounding its cars more, like MB. i like MB, i do not like the new direction for BMW. this new 6 series lacks grace as do most of the newer models of BMW.

You know, those cars are starting to grow on me.

Kidding :wink: !

Magnesium seems to be real hot right now. If it's so good and cheap to use, why weren't they using so much it before? Or was it not so cheap before?

Exotic metals. It just goes to show you what they could have been providing the customer all along, they were just too cheap to.

they didnt use it before because it welds itself to metal after a period of time, making tire changes impossible. they use magnesium alloys now because they are light weight, strong ( because they are an alloy, other wise they are very weak) and for status i think. i mean , it would be nice to say that i had magnesium wheels.

Well the thing about magnesium is not that it's cheap. It's cheaper and almost as light as titanium. Titanium is almost impossible to mass produce and very expensive.

The thing was to overcome technicalities like how do you mass produce it? And how do you protect it from water and other envoiremental stuff?

Production of magnesium was a real problem before. What they do is take a load of magnesium place it in a mold and heat that under high pressure, kinda like carbon except more pressure and more heat.

Like everybody knows magnesium + water = *POOF* gone. That's why you need to take the wheels off a McLaren F1 after a while or else it will melt onto the wheel bolts.

The industry is always lightyears ahead of what's available on the market. For instance I already know where we are headed when it comes to electronics and production system. The big problem is that when you have an bright new idea, there are always technicalities to overcome.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...