EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

P.I.M.P

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
the 993 in my opinion is the best looking porsche body ever made, also one which I see the least. Its a shame the current car doens't looks as cool

why did you buy a GT-2 and not a Turbo S or something if you don't like the lines? The 993 looks old compared to the 996, just my $.02

993 was attractive, but the 996 will become a classic, it's line go back to the orignal sleek, seductive lines that made 911 an icon of style. The 993 was brash aggressive "80s" super car style. It is definately cool, but 996 is timeless.

Every 911 could be a " classic ". But I would not say that the 996 is a classic in the same way as the 993. It's an attractive evolution on the theme, like a C5 Vette to a C4, or an E46 3-Series to an E36. But aside from a water cooled-engine, it is not a revolution, and does not stand on it's own. 993 shared much of it's purity with the roots of Porsche, and also represented 911 style at it's most brash, and winged out. It's a strong symbol of a time period.

Think back to an 80's movie where there is a pimp cruising in a nice car. There is a good chance that it's a old 911 he's driving. Cause' that was the thing to have.

• 2 Wochen später...

Doh. I think there is some confusion here. If you are interesten in a car with hips, the late 80's 911 turbo was the car you would lust over. 89 is my preference. the new 996 is a better car than the previous 911's but is missing some of the rawness of the older turbos. still love the curves of the older 911's. the 993 was a funny in between from the older raw cars aircooled etc, and the near perfection of the modern machines (flawless execution smooth great breaks more power etc. just my 2 cents.

The 996 was the first total from the ground up redesign of the 911 ever. Up through 996, it had always been slow evolution, never making any entire platform changes. The 996 was ground up new, and it shows. It isn't as raw, and it is in some ways over refined. I love the 80s 911s, i'd love to have one, but they aren't as good of cars as 996. Porsche even called up Ferri porsche to get his permission to release 996 it was so divirgently different. 993 has a definate place in history as the greatest of the pure 911s, but 996 may be the last 911 with a flat six, and in my opinion, that would make 996 the pinnacle of porsche performance.

I like the 930 a lot. 4spd manual and turbo lag measured in days, that thing was raw, but it moved.

I think it really comes down to which you prefer. Air-cooled, or liquid-cooled. Personally, I think an air-cooled car is really something cool, and I prefer classic 911 charictor over extreme refinement.

• 2 Wochen später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...