EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M5 wieght vs. power

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Okay I've been thinking this over. The last few weeks we've been seeing reports on the M5 saying it has less power then we expected, but we also know for a fact that BMW M will be using some new tech which accounts for a conciderable weight reduction.

Personally, I'm not sure if anybody shares this opinion with me, I think that the E60 M5 will be among the lights M5 we will see to date.

I would like to see BMW M squeeze out a 100bhp/l out that engine aswell but less weight, in my opinion, is way better then having more power. Less weight could make up for less power and also provides better handeling.

So what would you guyz rather have? Less weight or more power?

/edit: A small typo :)

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Less weight definitely. I love the concept of a car with no power kicking ass, just because it's light. The BMW M5 will obviously have lots of power, but less weight is always a better trait. It makes the most of available power, often improves fuel economy, and impacts the quality of the handling. More power, is just more power.

I think M enthusiasts, and BMW lovers in general understand this philosophy pretty well.

definetly less weight. the car will handle much better with less weight, if it was a tank it wouldnt handle well at all. also less weight will translate into quicker acceleration, and less fuel consumption as stated by LNC

I would like decent weight and huge power. I would like BMW to produce about 550hp out of that engine, because by 2005-2006 we might see a 700hp Mercedes...so BMW needs to keep up. And 200hp difference is hard to overcome, even with weight reduction.

Having the most horsepower is not a golden key to victory. BMW has proven that time and again, they focus much more on overall dynamics, which is very smart. Plus, mercedes doesn't seem to care a whole lot about excess weight.

Having the most horsepower is not a golden key to victory. BMW has proven that time and again, they focus much more on overall dynamics, which is very smart. Plus, mercedes doesn't seem to care a whole lot about excess weight.

very very true bmws are expertly designed machines. and about the mercedes, maybe thats why i never see them autocrossing?? lol. they arent exactly nimble creatures are they.

look at RS6 vs the E39 M5, and while RS6 has horsepower, it is outhandled by M5, and while RS6 takes it to 60, M5 comes on past it at speed, and on the track, the M5 is faster, despite 56hp less and no AWD, the only way to truly judge a car is to drive it, no one specification is the end all.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...