EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

About new Modena

nkf

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • 3 Monate später...

as for the successor's engine it will definitely have a v8 altough a v10 was firstly supposed to be used...it is good enough to put out around 500hp...and i keep hearing that we can expect a "little enzo" as it shaped like its smaller brother.

Tommy think it's soooo sexual!

You know, that actually looks exotic, l think pure exotisism is something that is missing from most Ferraris'. They look too normal most of the time, this concept drawing has real visual impact. Now can they translate it to real life? Lets' see.

• 2 Wochen später...
  • 1 Monat später...
  • 4 Wochen später...
This is the first inofficial picture of the 420 Monza. Looks great !

Looks like a 360 Modena thats' been through the witness protection program, same old same old. :wink:

It's okay for a 360 to look like a 360, but Ferrari, or more specifically, Pininfarina, seems to be running out of good ideas. Kind of like the rest of the auto industry. I might even say that the car in the picture is a 360 being used as a Monza test mule.

i doubt it'll be that whiny, if u have ever heard a current modena engine, my god, there is nuthing like it, my suggestion to all those who have not been as fortunate as me, DO NOT DIE UNTIL U HAVE HEARD A MODENA'S POWERPLANT ! and i'm hoping that ferrari will only improve upon this, or at least keep it the same, not turn it into whiny at the upper rpms, i'm sure that spinning at 9000 rpm will have its effect that will contribute to the whiney-ness of the engine, but i'm sure ferrari won't disappoint

Any small displacment engine is going to sound pretty whiny at 9,000 revs. The current car has a 3.6 liter V8, which is very small for any eight-cylinder, and the next car will no doubt be small as well.

At that kind of engine speed, all the sounds just mash together, just listen to an F1 car or race bike. It's during the build up and during decelleration that the music begins. :wink:

I've heard and ridden in both Modena's of my friends dad so i know wat they sound like.

Yes they sound awesome but like LNC said nething that small of disp. and that high of rev's WILL be whiney.

Only when ur decelerating and climbin in the rev's will u get the deep throated symphony.

But when you get upto 9,000 RPM's with 3.6L it's goin 2 be VERY whiney.

I'm not saying it'll sound like, SVT Cobra Mustang whiney, but it will be high-pitched in higher rev's.

If u listen to F1 cars u'll hear that they are VERY VERY whiney cuz they have such small displ. while climbin near 10,000 RPM's.

If u listen to F1 cars u'll hear that they are VERY VERY whiney cuz they

have such small displ. while climbin near 10,000 RPM's.

Actually it's 3.0L V10 (900 to 1000hp)@18000rpms. That's very fast and an annoying noise actually...

• 3 Wochen später...

If I'm not wrong the current 360M redlines at 8500 rpm and the 3.6 litre engine provides 111 bhp/litre so if they would want to hit 500 bhp with a V10 (which they propably will, wanting to beat Gallardo and new 911 Turbo) the displacement will be around 4.5 litres. Divide this by ten and each cylinder is 450 cm3, just like todays 360M.

The sound of the engine in the 360M replacement hitting 9000 rpm will be extreme and probably whiney, but I believe the wizards in Maranello will tune it to be an astounishing whine.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...