EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Audi RS-6

Arty25

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

a great car yes, but overpriced by a lot.

For just over 70k you have your choice of:

A: E55 - 476hp, 0-60 in 4.3, and the prestige of AMG

B: M5 - 400hp, faster to 120 than RS6, and sharper handling

I just don't see what the extra 10k is worth to be honest.

And not to forget that the handeling on the RS6 is all understeer. You can't really push the car through corners as fast as you want to. Audi did this to keep people from trying to push a fully loaded RS6 through a corner at highspeeds.

But hey, load a RS6 with suitecases, wife in the passanger seat, kids in the back, go onto the autobahn and start picking fights :)

as of right now, the E39 M5 can take on the V8 biturbo RS6, my guess is that a V10 powered RS6 would come a bit closer, but that V10 doesn't seem as potent as it's numbers would have you believe, and it still wouldn't fix the front heavy probelm all A6 based cars have. If they were so sad as to twin turbo the V10 (and you know if they did that, the already stratospheric price would blast right out of the atmosphere), it would be able most likely to keep up in a straight line, possibly even a hair quicker than E60 M5, but would STILL have the handling and price issues, so i see it as a great sedan, and a contender, just not the winner. Right now E55 holds the pie, and it looks like E60 M5 is gearing up to take it back.

First, the new RS6 won´t come before 2007, so there is no reason for speculations. Second the RS6 was specifically built for germany, and especially for the Autobahn, and there it is definitely quicker the the M5 and E55. It is even quicker from 0-100 km than both, and is using an automatic gearbox, because VAG hasn´t had a manual gearbox, that could handle the torque. But MTM, a german Audi tuner, by only changing the Eprom gets 310 km and 515 hp out of this car, no M5 and E55 is capable of that, even if the Eproms are changed as well. It may be that the acceleration data is different in the States, because in Europe the turbo- charged Audis have different Eproms, as our petrol is of higher quality. We get up to 100Octane at normal petrol stations.

you were right that v10 biturbo is my prediction considering that upcoming S6 will most likely have naturally aspirated version i find it quite normal to offer RS6 with its turbocharged version...besides if rs4 has biturbo V8 what would you put into rs6?...just an enhanced version of that...unlikely,rs6 will have biturbo v10 previously seen in le mans quattro i would say.

it's a bit optimistic but you have to keep in mind that MB will come up with E63 amg with power as high as 600hp...so i'm confident audi will want to bring some competiton...and i doubt if audi's v8 biturbo is powerful enough to handle this work.

well i'm not 100% sure it will have v10 biturbo..just my prediction...but i'm absolutely sure it'll have around 600hp so as to be able to take on e63 amg.

• 2 Wochen später...
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Arty25,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Audi S / RS / R (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

yersterday i had the chance to drove one. it moves amazingly, the only thing i didnt like was the slowly and electronically restringed tiptronic gearbox :lol: Here in mexico costs 100 thousand dolars. If i had that money, i would wait for the new m5 or maybe i would choose the e55. I read an article that compares the rs6 and the m5(400 bhp). The audi beats the beamer in handling and in 0 to 60, in braking distance leads the beamer. I have a question: audi sales the rs6 in USA? how many rs4 were sold over there??

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...