New M5

Arty25

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Arty25,

kennst du schon New M5 (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW M Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW M Tuning (Anzeige) | BMW M Uhren (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
I seen in C/D magazine that the new m5 will be 500 hp!!!
Yeah, and the new M6 that is planned will bring to between 550 and 600 HP. That's gonna be one lean mean racing machine. And they both look wicked. I can't wait to see the test results

see, to me, it depends, if they can make the M5/M6 weigh in at 3,600lbs, then i'd be happy with 500hp, if it comes in around 3800, 3900, i'd really like to see 550hp, just to keep the power/weight in the stratosphere.

Either way, it won't be too long yet.

way too old...besides 500 hp would mean a dissapointent coz many of us were expecting 550 hp (the first figure ever estimated or mentioned)

sorry buddy your wrong go look at the newest c/d mag and you will see for yourself loser

sorry buddy your wrong go look at the newest c/d mag and you will see for yourself loser

Nobody, except the engineers over at Bavaria, know for sure what the final figures are going to be. Lots of mags have been dropping figures between 500-600bhp for months now. Just because C/D decides to publish an article that sais it has 500bhp doesn't make it so.

The 550 number has been dropped alot of times and personally I think it will be around 550bhp using the 500bhp as a min and 600bhp as a max.

As a final note, do not test the limits of what you can and cannot do, you will find you're going to walk into a brickwall very soon. Be nice to people and be informative or do not respond at all.

every car mag (C & D included) posted 400hp for the 760Li, one place, i forget who, said 420, but then fell into line next article saying 400, and then when it debuted it was better than 440hp, so go figure.

M5 Powering Up For Launch

Engineers have lifted the lid on the new M5 - and it looks like BMW has gone power mad. Exclusive pictures in the current issue of Auto Express magazine show early reports that the V8 unit from the last version would be dropped in favour of a V10 are true, and the result is a 493bhp supercar-chaser that will be racing up alongside Mercedes' E55 AMG by the end of next year.

Thanks to the 5.0-litre engine, the M5's power output has increased by 93bhp, while torque is up 10 per cent to a huge 550Nm. Unlike on rivals from Mercedes, Audi and Jaguar, the firm has shunned the use of turbo or superchargers in favour of the smooth delivery of a normally aspirated unit. Performance is still expected to be blistering, with 0-62mph covered in 4.5 seconds and a limited 155mph top speed.

Power will be fed through a revised version of the M3's six-ratio SMG gearbox, but some other hi-tech aids may be left on the options list. A traction-control system will be fitted, along with the Dynamic Drive suspension set-up, but the German firm's new Active Steering could be frowned upon by buyers who want a more raw experience. The car will be officially revealed in the metal for the first time at the Detroit Motor Show in January, with production starting next autumn.

For those who want even more performance, a lightweight CSL version set to produce 542bhp is also in the pipeline. After the M5 project has been finished, BMW's motorsport division will turn its hand to the next M3. As with its 5-Series stablemate, this will get more cylinders, with the straight-six being replaced by a potent V8 when the newcomer goes on sale in 2006.

It seems like the new M5 will only have 500hp :( I wish it had at least 550...but it seems like even bmw has a limit on its engines. Is 100hp/liter so hard to achieve for big-displacement engines ? I wish bmw had a street car that could do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds...maybe the M5 CSL will do ?

Did Pontiac ever get sued by Ferrari for using the " GTO " badge? I don't think they ever did, but then that was back in the days before people were obsessed with finding a reason to sue eachother.

???

You know when porsche was going to unviel the 911, he called it the 901, puegot sued him, saying cars with X-0-X were their property (like 405, 505, etc), porsche said fine and changed 901 to 911. People sue over wierd stuff. GT probably goes back so far and has been used so much no one cares.

As far as I know you can't register something that is entirely made up of numbers as a trademark. So Peugot would've had a hell of a time proving that the x-0-x thing belongs to them.

Intel tried the same with AMD back in the early days, that's why Intel switch from the x86 names to Pentium.

Anywayz I've been drowsing thourgh the EU trademark database and MB hasn't registered the letters SL as a trademark. What they could do however is prove the BMW is hurting their sales by naming a competing product the same. I don't know wether a judge would buy it however cause the SL in BMW's name does stand for something and the SL in MB's name doesn't stand for anything.

the SL in BMW's name would stand for something and the SL in MB's name doesn't stand for anything.

Thats' true. If Mercedes sued though, and said that BMW was hurting their own SL sales, they would probably say that consumers were being confused. But I don't see how anyone could confuse a Merc with a Bimmer.

haha so true Late i'd go along with SSL jus 2 be on the safe side.

And of course you shouldn't be able to sue jus cuz of letters.

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Probe GT

Toyota Celica GT

Mitsu 3000GT

Mitsu Eclipse GT

Hyundai Tiburon GT

I mean its endless and those are just low-end/mid-end car's

so sueing them cuz of it sayin GT would mean that Ford would

hafta be sueing Mitsu and Toyota sueing Hyundai and then the

whole vehicle economy would goto shit.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...