M5 Speed

Arty25

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Arty25,

kennst du schon M5 Speed (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW M Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW M Tuning (Anzeige) | BMW M Uhren (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 3 Wochen später...

Dooooo iiiiiitt!! This is the kinda thing we always complain about people making coments that they can't back up. Not that I'm saying you usually do that, just that we need more real figures on this site.

lol. you people fail to get sarcasm.

What i was alluding to was the fact that when you look at german cars, almost without fail, they are faster than any other non-german car with the same horsepower/weight ratio.

for instance: 330xi performance package: 235hp, 3,300lbs = 14.46 lb/hp

Infiniti G35 6spd sedan : 260hp, 3,400lbs = 13.0 lb/hp

Now, we see that the infiniti has 10% more power per pound, yet both of these cars turn a 5.8 seccond 0-60, both are six speed stick shifts, both rear wheel drive, so the german horsepower just did more work.

Cadillac CTS 3.6L 5spd Auto: 255hp, 3550lb = 13.9lb/hp

Mercedes C320 5spd Auto: 215hp, 3450lb = 16.0lb/hp

Now, again, 20% hp per pound with the cadillac, both are RWD and use 5spd Autos, now we'd expect the CTS to be 20% faster than C320, but while CTS runs to 60 in 6.8 secconds, C320, 6.9 secconds, i'd say that german horsepower kicked some mad ass on the american one, but that's just me.

bmw and mercedes usually err on the slightly conservative side when giving out power ratings where as others probably aren't. Having said that power to weight figures are not sufficient enough to say car A should be quicker than car B.

No but the power to weight ratio along with the acceleration time is a pretty good indicator on how well a car performs. Unless you want to take you time and compare torquecurves, gearratios and weightdistribution.

Powerfigures are standardized. Wether it's the EU DIN system or the US system manufacturers have a standardized way of testing for and listing powerfigures, so the buyer isn't beeing fooled and gets a good enough aproximation. The final product will always be in the neighbourhood of the listed figure. The DIN system sais there can only be a maximum 5% difference, up or down.

The big mistake everybody makes is compare the DIN numbers with the US numbers. The DIN numbers will always be lower then the US numbers. But I can tell you that those are the US numbers not the EU numbers.

Now you bring it up. German manufacturers are known for being conservative with 0-60 times. The final product is almost always able to shave 0.3 secs of the listed time. Like the M3 CSL, it is listed as 4.9 secs but it can easily do 4.5 secs and less.

listen, i'm bright enough to know that one horsepower is one horsepower, i was just raising the point that it seems that german cars always seem to be faster than every other car with the same horsepower and weight from somewhere else. A lot of it is thier gearing, their torque curves, and their weight distro. I guess they just engineer cars more completely, and the difference between DIN and SAe horsepower isn't THAT big, for instance, 1001 DIN is 987 SAe.

I would imagine things such as weight distribution and gear ratios would play a big part in why any power is better utilized than another. As the Mercedes C320 for example has a bit sportier gearing overall than the Cadillac CTS auto. Which would make sense, since it makes do with less power. So perhaps the Germans just know how to pick their ratios :) .

*Mercedes C320 ( 5-spd auto ) *Cadillac CTS ( 5-spd auto )

1st. gear - 3.95:1 ............... 3.42:1

2nd.gear - 2.42:1 ............... 2.21:1

3rd.gear - 1.49:1 ................ 1.60:1

4th.gear - 1.00:1 ................ 1.00:1

5th.gear - 0.83:1 ................ 0.75:1

Final Drive - 3.46:1 ............. 3.42:1

actually, some of the merc's gears are better. I think german manufacturers are the only ones who honestly rate their engines (or are just by rule conservative), that and their engineering takes 100% full advantage of everything they've got, that's what i meant when I said a german horse was more powerful.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...