EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Which BMWs are better than MB counterpart? Vice versa

P.I.M.P

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
BMW's beat MB in every thing, MB sucks!!!

they suck!! they suck!! they suck!! no

matter what anyone says they SUCK!!!

Oh man, I hear ya, you're so fucking right. How comes nobody likes to hear it though?

BMW rocks, MB are just for grandpa's with too much money and no fucking taste. :D

better accleration with automatics? possibly, and the AMG cars still are less sporty than their M counterparts, they are more luxuirous and decadent. In fact, it seems with the exclusion of the 600 and 55 AMG series cars (which make up less than 1% of all mercedes cars sold), I think it works out that mercedes are no faster with an auto than their competition, and with a stick their competition is faster.

C320: 5spd Auto, 0-60 in 6.9

330i 5spd Auto 0-60 in 7.0

So here, merc's auto is a tenth faster.

C320 6spd Sport Manual: 0-60 in 6.8

330i 6spd Manual: 0-60 in 6.4

330i 6spd Sport Manual 0-60 in 5.9

Here, bimmer's stick is 4 tenths faster, and 9 tenths faster when equipt with the sport package.

E500 7spd Auto: 0-60 : 5.9

545i 6spd Auto 0-60: 5.8

545i 5spd Manual 0-60 in 5.6

Hmm. So even with merc's wonder, the 7Gtronic transmission, E500 is still a tenth slower than 545i with one less gear? hmm. 4 tenths slower than the 6spd 545i, as E500 isn't offered with a manual.

S500 with 7spd auto: 0-60 in 6.1

745i with 6spd auto: 0-60 in 5.9

Again, despite the 7Gtronic, the bimmer is still faster, but then again, you said mercs with auto were faster right? let's see about SUVS?

ML350 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 8.5

X5 3.0L 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 8.3

X5 3.0L 5spd Manual: 0-60 in 7.8

So, again, despite the ML350's extra .7L of displacement, and a horsepower and torque advantage, it is still 2 tenths slower than X5 with an auto, and 7tenths behind it with a stick.

ML500 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 7.2

X5 4.4i 5spd Auto 0-60 in 6.8

hmm, 4 tenths faster.

Ok, let's see about faster cars?

C32 AMG with 5spd auto: 0-60 in 5.0

M3 with 6spd SMG: 0-60 in 4.8

Hmm, same weight, C32 has more horsepower and toruqe, and still 4 tenths behind the M-Car.

C240 5spd auto: 0-60 in 8.7

325i 5spd Auot: 0-60 in 8.1

325i 5spd Manual: 0-60 in 7.1

wow, let's see, the bimmer beat the merc by 6 tenths with an auto, and equipt with a stick (which merc doesn't offer on C240), it ran it 1.6 faster. Darn.

E320 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 7.1

530i 5spd Auto 0-60 in 6.9

530i 6spd SMG: 0-60 in 6.6

Well then, 2 tenths faster with auto, and a half seccond with bimmer optional sequential.

So i think what you meant was that Merc want's a sporty image, and BMW is faster with automatics.

Wicked, nice listing. You know, I'm a Bimmer guy myself, I like sporty cars, MB's are not bad, nice designs, good quality, but in any class a Bimmer is gonna hit my taste more than the MB counterpart, actually than anything else. The only other cars that are fascinating are the Civic and the Clio, the best front wheel driven cars.

See, i think that is exactly how I feel, and most of the BMW people here (barring kevin - who wants to see all of stuttgart burn :D ) feel, but persian has to go brag about his versace and his rolex to try to make BMW see the superiority of Merc. He thinks no one else here has fancy things, oh well, he can think that.

I think that persain just used his imagination on that dumb post.

Maby he was dreaming or somthing.Or mayby i should buy a mercedes so i can park in front of all the clubs and get in vip because i have a mercedes.Oh and then i can steal all the hot girls and take them home because i have a mercedes.WOW i better get one of those.LOLOLOLOLOL

Persian has been watching too many rap videos. If he lived like that, we would be seeing him on Entertainment Tonight, with a hoe on each arm :D.

Best front wheel driven cars? Don't forget Alfa!

yeah, persian thinks he can buy himself pimphood, that's ok, i laugh at guys like him all the time.

you know, you don't need to make yourself feel better by spending all your money on dem pimp thangs, they have a surgical procedure you can spend your money on instead that will fix the root of the problem.

oh wait, that was mean.

oh well.

yeah, persian thinks he can buy himself pimphood, that's ok, i laugh at guys like him all the time.

you know, you don't need to make yourself feel better by spending all your money on dem pimp thangs, they have a surgical procedure you can spend your money on instead that will fix the root of the problem.

oh wait, that was mean.

oh well.

LMFAOOOOOOO that was to fucking funny. I'm more of a bimmer guy sumwat i only give props to the M series cuz i think the rest are a waste. And i don't know much bout the MB's except my friend has one and its very nice.

They both good cars so let's jus leave it at that and yes thats pretty dirty fox lol but funny as hell if anybody had the common sense to catch it.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo P.I.M.P,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

last time i ran a test using the accelerometer, 6.8 secconds, with me driving, on a public road.

Not too bad, in fact, i think that's faster than everything in the 2004 C-Class lineup (barring C32AMG).

no its not too bad but one your car cant be stock.they didnt go that fast new.2: why not compare ur car to a 91 C class equivalent, the 190e. I think thats the correct thing to do. Everyone I know says theyre about dead even.

Fox wasn't attacking MB, he was just criticizing them, he was attacking Persian's lifestyle. I've stated a number of times that I like AMGs because they are comfortable, and voluptuous, and smooth, and quiet, and perfect, and oh yeah, they've got loads of performace too. I can see why people like BMW for their performance standards, but hey, I can't talk, I've got 3 other little cars for that.

i've never said they sucked. I said they were great cars in areas that were't priorities to me, and in the the areas that count in my opinion, BMW is better. One area where i firmly stand is that BMW makes a better naturally aspirated engine. Merc may make the best supercharged engine, but i'm not big into forced aspiration.

and to NeoAnderson, the 1991 190E would get the floor wiped by the 3 series, worse yet is what the 1992 E36 did to 190e.

E30 3 series from 91 out accelerated, our handled, out powered, out toruqed, and generally were sportier. Mercedes had build quality on BMW back then (their attention to detail used to be better than BMW), but you have to remember that was when merc was more interested in trunk space and cozy seats than anything else.

BMW's beat MB in every thing, MB sucks!!!

they suck!! they suck!! they suck!! no

matter what anyone says they SUCK!!!

How insulting to all BMW fans. Some things go without saying, and when you say it, you just make yourself as bad as the competition. BMWs rule!!! That's for sure. But to burst out like that..... geez! I say, let the competition have the childish outburst. Let them be the ones who say xxx sucks!!!

As BMW fans, we KNOW which is the best...

dude, what are you talking about fox. I said ur car against the 91 equivalent, the 190e 2.3 are about the same, its a difference of 4hp in favor of the 318, and 19 lbs of torque in favor of the mercedes. And the mercedes was doing pretty well in the DTM so it handled pretty darned well. Again turning my words around to mean what you want in order to make your own point. And besides the 3 series was roomier than the mercedes in 91. As for 92 beyond, i think again unfair comparison as the new c class didnt change until 93 so thats where the comparison should lie. And th same arguments could be made, they're about the same. If u disagree go right ahead, i could care less about the bottom of the line cars. they shouldnt generate as much hype as you give them.

which 3-series were you compaing to the 190? The 318, the 318 was faster by a good measure in the quarter. The 325 took down the 190E 2.6 in most everything.

Don't try to argue handling, or i'll have go dig out some slalom numbers to make you cry.

And why do i focus on bottom line models?

Because that is what most people drive, let's face it, merc sells one S class every 30 some C class they sell, ditto with 3 and 7,

you can take your slalom and put it up with your head, doesnt prove anything, you said the 3 beat the 190 in everything i showed it didnt made you look stupid, besides youre more concerned with 0-60, not quarter mile. and i was comparing the 318 and a 2.3 becuase i said your car.

the problem with comparing bottom of the line is none of them are impressive and it just doesnt show the best of a company. i see more e class anyway, in my town, and higher up, i know more c class are probably sold, but its not MB focal point it is BMWs 3 series which i find appalling. if a companies best is their cheapest then they cant really compete with a company that emphasizes the best now can it?

i only cry when i hear people like you, the public education system in this country is terrible.

alright dude, i'll let you have the last word here cus, i dont really care not my argument , you can have the 3 series over the c class, or whatever if you want they do not interest me. im a higher up kinda guy, youre in to the quantity cars whatever, i wish you well with your 3 series. you should get it painted like that one in Back to the Future 2.

I just wanted to say that these two german car makers has different type of vision of how driving should be.

Mercedes thinks that driving should be comfortable cruising, not like a rally. They want it comfortable, so the car doesn't expect as much reactions. The electronic takes care of everything. They want older people to drive their cars, while BMW on the other hand, thinks that driving should be fun and are therefore building their cars a bit more sporty. They want the driver to have fun from A to B.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...